1. We have added the ability to collapse/expand forum categories and widgets on forum home.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. All Civ avatars are brought back and available for selection in the Avatar Gallery! There are 945 avatars total.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. To make the site more secure, we have installed SSL certificates and enabled HTTPS for both the main site and forums.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Civ6 is released! Order now! (Amazon US | Amazon UK | Amazon CA | Amazon DE | Amazon FR)
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Dismiss Notice
  6. Forum account upgrades are available for ad-free browsing.
    Dismiss Notice

Secrets of The New World

Discussion in 'CivBE - Stories & Let's Plays' started by Azedenkae, May 20, 2015.

1. Azedenkae

Azedenkae Chieftain

Greetings,

My name is Suzanne Fielding, CEO and Leader of the American Reclamation Corporation. Though right now, I am neither reclaiming anything, nor leader of anything great. That though, will all change in due time.

I am - or was - in command of the spaceship of humanity's last hope for a new, better future. My command includes the brightest of minds, and with manpower second to none, we will prosper.

It has been many starlit nights. Many, many starlit nights. But I believe that I have found our new home, a planet that will let us thrive. There is nothing here reminiscent of America - at least not that I can tell, but no matter. We need lands to defend, and the archipelagic nature of this planet would suit us just fine. Our surveillance drone has the capacity to map out coastlines in no time. This, will give us the advantage needed over any other rival. For yes, even if we are humanity's last hope, we are still... humans.

----------------------​
    Time Unit 0001

We have chosen to land our colonization vessel on a hill north-west of a continent, which our surveillance drone actually drew it out to quite resemble our homeland. This is a pleasant surprise. Surely the people will love that.

I have christened this new continent 'New America', and our new home 'Central'. It will be a good reminder of where we should be standing.

There are patches of unfamiliar resources around us. Our scientists are ready to progress, and it is now time to decide on our path. My choices are for now limited. We can pursue planetary survey technology to further our understanding of this new land, however the initial coastal survey has really told us as much as we needed to know for now. Pioneering too, is not necessary.

My choice is moreso geared towards discoveries in genetics or chemistry, to further our research abilities. I have chosen however, genetics. My scientific advisers have informed me that with a larger than average population, the health of our people is potentially at risk. I will make steps first to ensure our colony is well-off.

Whilst our explorer is heading south-east to explore uncharted territories there, Central has started production of a worker unit. Soon enough, we will be able to develop the surrounding unfamiliar resources into something more usable.

2. Azedenkae

Azedenkae Chieftain

Time Unit 0003

Our explorer has crossed a field of miasma, damaging it in the process! This does not bode well. On closer inspection, there is more and more miasma towards the south-east! We will have to tread carefully...

Our surveillance have also captured the people of Franco-Iberia colonizing a patch of land on the continent south-west of us. The others have started to arrive...

3. Azedenkae

Azedenkae Chieftain

Time Unit 0010

Things has been going well for us. The population of our city is growing steadily, and we welcome all new births. I daresay that it may be the first births of humans on this planet!

We have also found a resource pod, sent here from ages gone by, and recovered equipment that is helping us push the boundaries of research. We are that much more closer to reaping the benefits of genetic research. Our worker has also been constructed, and we will use it to construct a plantation for some fruit-like resources to the south-east of the city. This will help us feed all the new hungry mouths we have created at Central.

I have also instructed the construction of a clinic, which will help keep the health of our citizens in check.

The only prickly thorn I've met with is Rejinaldo de Alencar of the Brasilia. Though they may be friendly enough, they have also settled on New America, taking the junction between 'New North America' and 'New South America' for themselves! Not only that, but we have uncovered an alien skeleton, which we hope to examine. They though, are now in a race for the same skeleton.

If this doesn't go well... we may have to do something about Rejinaldo.

And here I was hoping to avoid confrontation with our fellow humans.

We shall see what the future holds.

4. Azedenkae

Azedenkae Chieftain

Time Unit 0012

Another of our brethren have made this planet home, this time Kavitha Thakur of... the Kathivan Protectorate. Wow. Naming your the protectorate after yourself. How... charming.

They have chosen to settle on the continent far west of us, which makes them less of a threat.

The Brasilian explorer has beat us to the alien skeleton though.

This... is unacceptable. We shall see what they do with that choice.

Our genetic research has also been completed, and we are now faced with another choice. What shall we delve deeper into next? Whilst dealing with that, I have received news of an outbreak of an Earthen crop just outside the borders of the city - whatever it is, it is spreading uncontrollably.

Perhaps I have spent too much time with my scientists. Curiosity peaks, and after some much welcomed advice from my counsel of scientists, we have decided to let it grow...

I have now made my decision about our direction of research too. We will now research genetic mapping. It's important to know what we have, and what is around us. The unknown is, after all, our biggest threat.

5. Azedenkae

Azedenkae Chieftain

Time Unit 0032

Our explorer has braved miasma to uncover the secrets of another alien skeleton we discovered. Their bravery has lead us to discover a failed settlement, an ancient attempt by us to colonize new worlds. So, someone has been here before us...

A psychoanalysis of their last days have proved the necessity of advancements in technology. The colony did well initially, but with more and more problems plaguing them, and descriptions of this strange occurrences... they needed to know. Unfortunately, they didn't. And now they are dead.

We, will not walk the same path.

Meanwhiles, General Vadim Kozlov of the Slavic Federation has also managed to lead his people here, making that five civilizations on this small planet.

This is starting to feel... crowded.

Like all those who were smart enough, he has chosen a separate continent from everyone to make it the home of his people. Well no, he did settle on the same land as Franco-Iberians. Hey, as long as it wasn't New America...

Time Unit 0034

Did my last journal entry sound too hopeful? It did. It must have did? Right?

Hutama. Hutama. Hutama! He of Polystralia has made landfall on the east coast of New North America!

My decision will now need to be carefully considered...

As is my further research paths. We need to take control of more land. We need to make more connections. We cannot lose out on this battle.

Perhaps I can take advantage of Shackleton Station to the north. They are of no major consequence, they are not one of the six major players in this game. Now that all six fleets have colonized this world, we need a new plan...

6. Azedenkae

Azedenkae Chieftain

Time Unit 0039

Research into genetic mapping has been completed, and my council has advised me on permanent progress made with our soldiers. They say the last step will allow them to either recover faster, or for better battle prowess. I have chosen recovery.

Despite all that I've said, I'd still prefer harmony with my fellow humans...

I have now instructed research into pioneering. Let's see where this will lead...

7. Azedenkae

Azedenkae Chieftain

Time Unit 0041

We have decided to cooperate with √Člodie of Franco-Iberia. They are happy that we did not come into combat with any of the alien lifeforms we've encountered. Seems like she is a tree-hugger, after all.

And no, I did not mention how we let an Earthen plant run rampant on alien soil, and was eventually turned into a major crop, no.

Nor did I mention that we are now training Marines. Those alien lifeforms look pretty dangerous to me, and our explorer did notice a battle between them and the Polystralians. Those Polystralians look pretty dangerous themselves.

8. Azedenkae

Azedenkae Chieftain

Time Unit 0042

Much as I feared, the local lifeforms have taken wary to humanity's presence. Our explorer has been assaulted by a large number of local lifeforms, and the last transmission from them was horrifying.

I held a ceremony for them today, in the middle of Central. I we not forget this. We will not forget this.

Humans and aliens cannot co-exist. We must be the only inhabitants of this world.