SecuROM?

dekusvamp

Chieftain
Well i looked at CivFanatics Store on amazon, and i thought of buying Colonization and BTS.
But when i saw some reviews of Colonization, they say it installed some malware called SecuROM.
Although, what i know of is, that SecuROM is just something that protects the disk from being burned?
Thanks.

You might be interested in the Civ4 Complete bundle announced a few days ago. In that thread, a member of 2K Games, Civilization's publisher, wrote that this new package will have no disc check at all, much less any DRM like SecuROM. (Up until now, all Civ4 games have required the disc in the drive to start play.)

Considering that BTS is $20 on Amazon, Colonization is $20, and Complete is $40 (and it includes Vanilla Civ4, Warlords, BTS, and Colonization), it looks to be a pretty good deal...

On my copy of Colonization, I haven't had any issues with the DRM. As you say, it probably stops you from duplicating the disc, but there's no security issues.

Okay, thanks.
I guess i will buy the complete edition then ^^
Umm and what do you mean by Vanilla Civ4? just plain or..?

Just for notes here, the Colonization patch disables the DRM and disk checking.

Just for notes here, the Colonization patch disables the DRM and disk checking.
What exactly does this mean? Does SecuROM stick around on the computer, or does the patch delete it?

I'm asking because I just got the game (and patched it) but am having graphics issues with it. I'm trying to decide whether to just leave it on my computer for the time being or to try to wipe it. If I can't play it on this particular computer and the DRM is still on there I might as well try to get rid of all of it is what I'm figuring.

(Mind the bump.)

Top Bottom