1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Sedentary Lifestyle

Discussion in 'Bugs and Crashes' started by walesscot, Jan 5, 2012.

1. walesscot

walesscot Chieftain

I tryed taking first the Sedentary Lifestyle on Noble, but always some civ took it first. Who got this tech before civ will take it?

2. JosEPh_II

JosEPh_II TBS WarLord

I've gotten to it 1st manyl times. Especially after someone posted a tech research path that is quite effective. It Will allow for one or 2 detours but no more generally. And to the poster (insert username here__________ ) that posted this, Thank You!

Here is the Path I've been using since it was 1st posted: Cave Dwelling, then Oral tradition, Tracking, Cultural Identity, Tribalism, Hunting, Petroglyphs, Barter, Chiefdom, and then Sed. Lifestyle. If I follow this path with each Listed tech as a Goal I almost always get Sed Life 1st. If I deviate more than 2 to 3 "other" techs not in these paths I generally miss it by 1 to 5 turns.

JosEPh :)

3. walesscot

walesscot Chieftain

It's working! Thanks! )))

4. JosEPh_II

JosEPh_II TBS WarLord

Your welcome. :)

JosEPh

5. walesscot

walesscot Chieftain

I got second problem. I'm playing for Babilonian civ, and I can't get Culture_Babilonian just because I don't have Wheat and Flood Plains. I can't make Babilonian Bowman just because I don't have Culture_Babilonian. Help me!!!

6. Dancing Hoskuld

Dancing Hoskuld Warlord

There is no link between the civ your choose to start with and the cultures. 'We' have been discussing two main ideas.

1) Only have earlier proto civs.
    2) Have an option for all map scripts that puts you in a position that will let you develop the culture based on the civ you choose.

Neither are in existence yet.

7. Rasma

Rasma Chieftain

Another suggestion I would say, have a 'generic' culture as a catch all in case you literally get a city that has no resources you can use for culture

8. walesscot

walesscot Chieftain

So, most civs will not have a unique units? Because it's very hard to build a culture if the civ will not have a something special for that culture?

9. walesscot

walesscot Chieftain

Or, can I build a English culture if I am Babilonian?

10. Dancing Hoskuld

Dancing Hoskuld Warlord

Firstly you can edit your posts if you want to add more questions. It is usual to do so if no one has yet posted since your last post.

As more cultures are added it becomes easier to get access to one. Since they are wonders then only one civ can get it.

If you are Babylonian you are more likely to get access to mideastern cultures, however if you conquer a city and get an European culture then you may indeed be able to build English culture.

11. Hydromancerx

Hydromancerx C2C Modder

Only if you have on "Assimilation" setting and take over a civ with a European culture.

Such as if you took over one of Alexander's cities. Then you could build Native Culture (European) in that city. And if you had the right requirements for English culture which is Forest + Coast + Apples in the vicinity of one of your cities. Then you could build the English wonder.