1. Firaxis celebrates the "Asian American and Pacific Islander Heritage Month", and offers a give-away of a Civ6 anthology copy (5 in total)! For all the details, please check the thread here. .
    Dismiss Notice

See if opponent ships carry units or are empty?

Discussion in 'Civ3 - Strategy & Tips' started by Felixthesilentchief, Jul 17, 2020.

1. Felixthesilentchief

Felixthesilentchief Chieftain

Last edited: Jul 17, 2020
  2. grognard

grognard Chieftain

Unless your opponent has successfully stolen your plans, the only stacks he can see the contents of are those that are outside your cities in the open.

3. Felixthesilentchief

Felixthesilentchief Chieftain

Thanks

4. tjs282

tjs282 Stone \ Cold / Fish

Depends what OS he's running.

If his OS can run CivAssist II, and CAII can run while in a Hotseat game, the Map-screen shows what units are (or aren't!) in enemy ships. AFAIK, this is the only "cheat-y" info that CAII shows.

5. Lanzelot

Lanzelot Moderator Moderator

It also shows "invisible" units, like submarines, the Ninjas in Sengoku or the Assassins in the Middle-Ages scenario.

6. tjs282

tjs282 Stone \ Cold / Fish

Oh wow, I did not know that!

That will make my next play-(test) session on @unartis' Earth Fantasy Mod a hell of a lot easier! :lol:

(The .biq I started my current game with didn't give my [random-rolled] faction, the Wizards of Esheath, any units with the 'Detect Invisible' flag, even though every one of the neighbouring factions have Invisible HN units: the .biq's been updated since then -- at least partly at my request/suggestion -- so that now the Wizards aren't quite so vulnerable)