Seeing circles?

Argetnyx

Emperor
On many screenshots that I see, the option to put civ-colored rings around the units is on. Why is this? What is so much better about using those? They look like a little kid drew them and ruin the realism of the graphics.:confused::eek::rolleyes::confused::confused::confused:

Easily fixed: go to Preferences=>Units, uncheck "Show team color disc", and save. Should be gone. As to why people use them, they like to know who is that unit in my backyard? without guessing. It's bad enough that many civs have similar colors anyway. Also, some aren't worried about how it looks.

I actually like how it looks. Wouldn't you like to have a halo at your feet?

Easily fixed: go to Preferences=>Units, uncheck "Show team color disc", and save. Should be gone. As to why people use them, they like to know who is that unit in my backyard? without guessing. It's bad enough that many civs have similar colors anyway. Also, some aren't worried about how it looks.

:wallbash: I know what it is, I never turn it on anyway.

It's not too hard to find out who's unit it is either, either look at the color, or left-click on it.

I don't play zoomed out very often. The circles do look better then though...

i like them. but again i have always prefered function to form on my computer and in my games.

I find them necessary because on my computer the unit color is not reliable. It often just colors offensive units red and defensive units blue (sometimes flashing back and forth). With the rings, I can see whose they are without clicking.

I find them necessary because on my computer the unit color is not reliable. It often just colors offensive units red and defensive units blue (sometimes flashing back and forth). With the rings, I can see whose they are without clicking.
Well there you need them, but if it was reliable would you use the circles?

Top Bottom