1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Seeing the AI'S GPT through Diplomacy

Discussion in 'Civ3 - General Discussions' started by Aceman101, Jun 21, 2009.

1. Aceman101

Aceman101 Chieftain

After a lengthy break from Civilization 3, I started playing again, but I soon found something that I thought was interesting. I checked in the bugs section (though I'm not sure if it is a bug) and searched the forums but couldn't find anything in relation to what I discovered, so I apologize if you all knew about this and I'm just making a fool of myself.

Anyway, when you engage in diplomacy with a civ, make sure there's nothing on the "table". Then click Gold per turn from their side, and hold down a number from 1 to 9 until it completely fills up. It will then change to (what I think is) their amount of gpt. I don't think it's just random numbers as generally the smaller civs have less gpt than the larger ones and you can go out and back in in the same turn and it will display the same number.

Don't know if it's any use, just thought it was interesting. But it's interesting to see that they have quite a bit of an income!

2. Spoonwood

Spoonwood Grand Philosopher

The 999 trick.

3. Aceman101

Aceman101 Chieftain

So it's already been discovered. Too bad, I thought I discovered something. But the AI never trades all of that gpt. Even in the early middle ages, most have well over 100 gpt but refuse to trade even 1.

4. Spoonwood

Spoonwood Grand Philosopher

They almost always spend something on research.

5. splunge the 2nd

splunge the 2nd Chieftain

Yes, the number that pops up is their total "budget" including all they spend on maintenance and research.

On a side note (hope not too off topic) can anyone tell me what's excluded/included in the income the player can sue for hapiness and research? I beleive I read on the forums it excludes certain incomes. If I'm highjacking this topic, I'll happily post an new topic.

6. Quintillus

Quintillus Archiving Civ3 Content Supporter

I think you meant to put allocate instead of sue? Assuming so, you cannot allocate:

*Money generated from interest (Wall Street)
    *Money being paid to you from other civilization
    *Money collected by taxmen.

You can allocate up to 100% of your other income for happiness and research.

7. Daeron

Daeron The Apprentice

Actually, I thought you could only allocate the commerce from worked tiles after corruption? Added value from marketplaces and banks and such are calculated after the taxes/science/luxury split.

8. Aabraxan

Aabraxan Mid-level Micromanager