seeking advice on pitboss

JHR

Chieftain
I love CIV V/BNW and have played a couple of LAN games with a friend. I would like to set up a game in which several friends and I can play a turn or two each day, whenever we have a free moment. It looks like the best bet may be to use Pitboss, but I'm having a devil of a time getting people connected. :wallbash:

Is there simpler way?

On the host machine at home I set up port forwarding and made sure to put a firewall exception in for Pitboss on the host machine. I was able to join the game from work, as was one player. However, another player gets the "Error joining multiplayer session" message.

If you can, please reply to reynolds.snlr@gmail.com

Many thanks, guys!

Have you tried PBEM? Giant Multiplayer Robot might help you with setting up a turn-based game, and will help manage the save files for you.

Thank you for your reply. I am in the midst of a very fun one-on-one game on multiplayer robot. However, I don't see how this would scale up to a larger game with multiple players, since we would all wind up waiting for all other players to run their turns sequentially, meaning that turns would only happen every so often. Turns only take a moment to run, so this could be a pretty sparse experience.

Has anyone else succeeded in setting up a game using pit boss? I'm willing to work hard to figure it out, but am a bit lost on how to get started, and would be grateful for any help...!

Thanks,
JHR

Thank you for your reply. I am in the midst of a very fun one-on-one game on multiplayer robot. However, I don't see how this would scale up to a larger game with multiple players, since we would all wind up waiting for all other players to run their turns sequentially, meaning that turns would only happen every so often. Turns only take a moment to run, so this could be a pretty sparse experience.

Has anyone else succeeded in setting up a game using pit boss? I'm willing to work hard to figure it out, but am a bit lost on how to get started, and would be grateful for any help...!

Thanks,
JHR

Try running multiple large games with reliable players. You can check player stats in the GMR community page. The ones with more games but skip less are usually more reliable than others.

Top Bottom