Seeking someone to make leader art for my finished civ

jarcast2

Janitor Raccoon
Hi everyone, long-time lurker of the forum here.
Finally after enjoying the wonderful mods created here, I decided to create one on my own (after some mild attempt 1-2 years ago), and specifically a modded civilization of the Samnites, the indomitable Italic people who for long was a pain in the ass of the Romans before reaching the apex of their greatness and coming to rule the whole known world.

So, standing on the shoulder of the giants (JFD, Sukritact, whoward, etc.) I completed the necessary sql and lua codes (including support to the most used mods) and even managed to get the art done, except for the leader art for which I have no clear reference to start with (no picture of a specific Samnite leader or similar from google, except maybe this or this).

I have tried to create the leader art (scene, icon, etc.) myself but when it comes to create something from scratch my photoshop skills reveal to be quite limited (when there is a guideline like for the map the result is not so bad).

Here's a teaser of my civ:

and some screenshots.

For testing purposes I am using the janboruta art from TarcisioCM's The Iberians, I find the scene and the icon to be perfect and at first I thought to upload as it is, but even if I would have rightfully credited him I still felt like it's stealing so I would like to include something original on a similar vibe.

Is anyone there who can help me? :)

Thank you, I will try there. :)

EDIT: Can you send again the invite to the discord server? It expired.

Last edited:
Thank you again but I think I don't need it anymore.
I managed to do it and the result seems not so bad.

Now my civ is complete, I have just to check for residual errors and upload it on steam and somewhere else. :)

Unluckily the best reference for the leader art I found is this.
I made a quick search and I found that the swastica was used since Iron Age in Europe as symbol for the sun, Greeks called it "tetragammadion". ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Instead of opening another topic flooding the forum, I will ask it here.

I added an event choice that grants a copy of a random luxury resource that the player hasn't (at high cost), the code seems correct to me but at the moment I haven't time to test it, so I ask if it's ok or there is some error somewhere. Thank you in advance. :)

Code:
include("FLuaVector.lua")

function UniqueEventSamnites(iPlayer, iChoice)
    local pPlayer = Players[iPlayer]
    if (pPlayer:GetCivilizationType() == iCiv and pPlayer:IsAlive()) then
[...]
        elseif iChoice == GameInfoTypes.EVENT_SAMNITES_UE_CHOICE_2 then
            local whatWeHaveNotID = {};
            local whatWeHaveNotIconString = {};
            local whatWeHaveNotDescription = {};
            for resource in GameInfo.Resources("ResourceClassType = 'RESOURCECLASS_LUXURY'") do
                local amount = pPlayer:GetNumResourceAvailable(resource.ID, false);
                if (amount == 0) then
                    table.insert(whatWeHaveNotID, resource.ID);
                    table.insert(whatWeHaveNotIconString, resource.IconString);
                    table.insert(whatWeHaveNotDescription, resource.Description);
                end
            end
            if (#whatWeHaveNotID > 0) then
                local rand = math.random(#whatWeHaveNotID);
                local GiftedResourceID = whatWeHaveNotID[rand];
                local GiftedResourceIconString = whatWeHaveNotIconString[rand];
                local GiftedResourceDescription = whatWeHaveNotDescription[rand];
                pPlayer:ChangeNumResourceTotal(GiftedResourceID, 1);
                --Notification above the capital tile
                local CapPlot= pPlayer:GetCapitalCity():Plot()
                local text1 = "Received 1" .. GiftedResourceIconString .. " " .. Locale.ConvertTextKey(GiftedResourceDescription) ;
                Events.AddPopupTextEvent(HexToWorld(ToHexFromGrid(Vector2(CapPlot:GetX(), CapPlot:GetY()))), text1, 2);
            end
[...]
        else
        end
    end
end

GameEvents.EventChoiceActivated.Add(UniqueEventSamnites)

Top Bottom