seige tower movement bug?

nothanks

Chieftain
I'm playing a game as the huns with the following situation:
Spoiler :

If I play the next turn, the siege engine on the gold hill to the southeast of Assur moves west and takes the city, all in one turn! As far as I can tell, this shouldn't be allowed because 1) walking onto the hill should use all of its 2 movement points and 2) It's walking though my zone of control anyways. I don't have any mods installed. If you hit next turn in the save I attached, you can see it happen.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2013-08-14 at 7.14.49 PM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2013-08-14 at 7.14.49 PM.jpg
    239.3 KB · Views: 477
  • what.Civ5Save
    1.1 MB · Views: 43
Watch it again. It isn't the siege tower on the gold tile that takes the city. It's the tower on the grassland tile next to it that takes the city, so no ZoC problem.

As for the hill-related movement question, all I can tell is that the tower has a third yellow triangular promotion. Towers come with two -- extra sight and the +200% bonus vs. cities. Discipline is a yellow triangle, but that wouldn't account for the movement. Perhaps the tower got the 1 extra movement promotion, which is also a yellow triangle, but that is not on the normal promotion path for towers. FWIW, Ignores Terrain Cost is also a yellow triangle (too many yellow triangle promotions in this game).

Nineveh is right next to Mt. Kilimanjaro so most likely Assyria is going to have a large number of units with Altitude Training. If you're not familiar with that promo, it gives double movement and a +10% in hills and is received by being next to Mt. Kilimanjaro.

Nineveh is right next to Mt. Kilimanjaro so most likely Assyria is going to have a large number of units with Altitude Training. If you're not familiar with that promo, it gives double movement and a +10% in hills and is received by being next to Mt. Kilimanjaro.

That would make perfect sense, but none of the towers have the the Kilimanjaro promotion.

Watch it again. It isn't the siege tower on the gold tile that takes the city. It's the tower on the grassland tile next to it that takes the city, so no ZoC problem.

As for the hill-related movement question, all I can tell is that the tower has a third yellow triangular promotion. Towers come with two -- extra sight and the +200% bonus vs. cities. Discipline is a yellow triangle, but that wouldn't account for the movement. Perhaps the tower got the 1 extra movement promotion, which is also a yellow triangle, but that is not on the normal promotion path for towers. FWIW, Ignores Terrain Cost is also a yellow triangle (too many yellow triangle promotions in this game).

You're right, I had quick movement on and saw incorrectly. However, I'm almost positive that the third triangle is discipline. Assyria has taken four policies from Honor, and if you mouse over the seige tower, it has the 15% bonus. My best guess is that it has the Kilimanjaro promotion, but it isn't showing up for whatever reason.

How can there be any doubt?

His city is next to Kilimanjaro, the Siege Tower on the gold has 10% defense bonus in hills and the same promotion amount as the other ones.
The tower on the left doesn't have the hill defensive bonus, yet same amount of triangles though.

Okay I think you're right, Disciple should be a triangle too and automatically be gotten by any unit, regardless of whether it was build before or after getting the policy... hmm. And Kilimanjao should be a promotion as well, but I think it even has a special visual appearance (like a double triangle/mountain icon iirc) - so for some reason that doesn't seem to be showing up on Siege Towers?

edit)

Top Bottom