Sejeong backstabbed me &$(@&($(

mclericp

Warlord
I never saw this option before, but sejeong asks me to denounce songhai. I m friends with both so i decided to not denounce, and guess what, he freaking denounced me and then got all of his friends(which is basically the entire civs in the game...) to declare war on me.

I m so sad :(
next time i wipe out sejeong first should he appear in the game

Alexander did a similar thing to me once, but the other civs didn't do anything, so i wiped Alex off the planet.

Now, every time I see Greece, I prepare my army

It's happened to me before. It basically happens when you have declarations of friendships with two civs who hate each other. Sejong was basically telling you "It's either him or me, choose!"

We are back at VANILLA

Instead of improving the AI they make him more agressive and beserck.

The chain denouncements are back , the warmonger penalty is broken again, All AI are agressive again and backstab you.

Just wait unitl they fix it but you can wait for 1 year Because firaxis doesn't know what they are doing.

A shame that great reviewers like gamepsot don't tell the truth then this game wouldn't have so man sales

I never saw this option before, but sejeong asks me to denounce songhai. I m friends with both so i decided to not denounce, and guess what, he freaking denounced me and then got all of his friends(which is basically the entire civs in the game...) to declare war on me.

From my experience, you are guaranteed a denouncement if you say No. As phillipwyllie points out, you are being asked to choose. It's a tough position to be placed in, and occurs when you have too many (or the wrong) friends.

That you were then chain-DOW'd has more to do with your vs Sejong's relations with others. For example, you could have denounced him right back, and out of contact, he looks worse for backstabbing you... but not if people have reason to dislike you already (or reason to really like him).

1. Choose your friends: you cannot please everyone.

2. Keep your friends close, and your enemies closer.

Most annoying think is if you accept their offer they might still denounce you. Has happened to me more than once. And I didnt have DOF with person I denounced.

next time i wipe out sejeong first should he appear in the game

Ugh, I despise seeing this diplomacy screen pop up. I'm trying to broker peace between warring nations, and I get forced into a stupid "them or us" discussion, in which I'll eat either a big penalty for denouncing a friend, or a bad one for having a friend denounce me?

It's not Sejong's fault, and I recommend against trying to wipe him out. He's obnoxiously strong until some time around the Renaissance or Industrial era, and you have to hope he hasn't out-teched you badly by that time.

Ugh, I despise seeing this diplomacy screen pop up. I'm trying to broker peace between warring nations, and I get forced into a stupid "them or us" discussion, in which I'll eat either a big penalty for denouncing a friend, or a bad one for having a friend denounce me?

It's not Sejong's fault, and I recommend against trying to wipe him out. He's obnoxiously strong until some time around the Renaissance or Industrial era, and you have to hope he hasn't out-teched you badly by that time.

yea in fact on emperor, he had the most tech(he was in modern when i just started industrial LOL).

However after that, China took over Korean science, GPT and culture. Its military also crushes sejeong's numbers. The unfortunate side is that China is my neighbour and is friends with Korea. So i had to deal with them both.

TBH i find CIV 5's diplomacy very childish. 'its either him or us' concept does not work in real life, at least not to the extent. King difficulty so far has the best balance. Emperor is basically a wargame and denouncing by the time i get to ideology

This happened to me too but it didn't work out for Sejong. He did take a city but he couldn't take my capital due to geographical convenience. I got to get Maria, the neighbor to make a DoW on Sejong as well and we both had a birthday. I took the capital and a city, Maria took the city that Sejong took away from me.

Yeah that's a tricky situation. Unfortunately it does require the player to keep a good eye on the politics between the AI. I sometimes wish you would have a choice to defer your decision by 1 turn so I can study the current geopolitical relations and make the best choice. See normally I'm not that bothered to keep tabs on every civs foreign policy record and if you do make the wrong decision it can backfire quite a lot as you found.

Had the same thing, Bismarck had some trouble with Napoleon. I was using Napoleon for wars(All he wanted was a bit of gold, and he would DoW anyone), and currently we were decimating Austria. I said no, Bismarck denounced me, thinking I would care. I was going for domination victory, so I was going to kill him second last(He was the furthest away, and Napoleon was last). Turns out he was friends with about everybody. Don't care, killed everyone

That's nothing...
I've had peaceman GANDHI DOW me :lol: even when I didn't have any warmonger penalty and never laid a finger on him... and no, random personalities is not on.
Needless to say, I did a double take :lol:

Top Bottom