Sekai: Land of the Fading Sun (Pre-FantasyNES)

Northen: Kakurega Castle it is!

And you can have +1 movement to a certain type of unit in a certain type of terrain.

Example: +1 movement to cavalry in mountains. Something along those lines.

Once we have Vertinari and Shadowbound's kingdoms on the map, as well as Northen Wolf's clan, we should be ready to go with enough players.

Omega, I need the name of your small castle.

Ohitsuji/Shadowbound
Race: Nezumi
Daimyo: Shibutoi
Advantage: +1 attack for infantry in Lowlands
Description: The Ohitsuji live in walled towns made of stone, surrounded by heavily irrigated fields. They make use of only the land they have to, so they can protect it all. They are reclusive, yet industrious, and their craftsmanship is famed throughout Sekai. Outsiders have to camp outside the towns, while the Ohitsuji come out to trade.
History: The Ohitsuji were driven west in an ancient war, in which many Nezumi clans were decimated. To survive they fled towards the mountains on the southern edge of Sekai. Here, they rebuilt their shattered kingdom in quiet and isolation. Today, they remain distrustful of outsiders, especially humans, and hope to weather coming storms in the sanctity of their hermit kingdom.
Castles: Main castle at l8, Yahagi Castle. Secondary at h8, Inawashiro Castle.

Claims: h8, i7, k7, l8

Updated Party:

Name: Haruki
Class: Ninja
Race: Yato
Description: Tall and lanky, but still fairly muscular. He is a natural at blending in with his surroundings and not being seen. One would think this would make him a follower and not a leader, but this isn't always the case with Haruki. He is quite opinionated and passionate about his views and he is willing to take a stand to get what he wants. Haruki isn't above playing fouly to achieve this. He also has quite a sense of pride. This Yatoian can be very cunning, and has great skill in using all four of his arms in combat.
Background: TBA
Stats:
Spoiler :
Attack - 2
Defense - 2
Movement - 3
Hit Points - 3

Earth0/Water1/Fire0/Wind0/Void0

Name: Misaki
Class: Sorcerer
Race: Yato
Description: TBA
Stats:
Spoiler :
Attack - 2
Defense - 2
Movement - 3
Hit Points - 3

Earth0/Water0/Fire1/Wind0/Void0

Name: Katsu
Class: Samurai
Race: Oni
Description: TBA
Stats:
Spoiler :
Attack - 4
Defense - 1
Movement - 3
Hit Points - 2

Earth1/Water0/Fire0/Wind0/Void0

I'll try to fill in the rest later after I've seen how the map will turn out.

Kingdom of Nikawa/Vertinari118
Race: Human
Daimyo: Daimyo Takeru Yamakuro
Advantage: +1 to infantry attack in both mountains and lowlands, -1 to infantry attack in forests.
Description:
History: These men came from the mountains long ago. They are a hardy race of men, squat and stout with swarthy skin. They were driven from their high mountain homes by the combined might of the Akki and the Oni. Thus a deep, smouldering hatred of those kindreds exists them. Their history before the flight from the mountains has been lost to time and is only known in myths. It is believed amongst their people that the daiymo at the time of the Gods' War was a mighty shaman and he bent the gods own power against them. He used the great energies that their merging and warring had infused into the land to leave an enchantment of concealment and confusion about their lands, hiding them from the gods' wrath. Currently they have formed their kingdom about the confluence of two rivers to the south of the Akki that drove them from the mountains.
Castles: Give us names and physical descriptions, histories, or whatever else you want (including hex locations) of your castles.
Other: This is unfinished and will be completed tomorrow.

Claims

Spoiler :

Vertinari, Immac claimed a lot of that stuff (Immac can you post your claims in public for everyone?).

Also, when reading a hex map, it's important to count diagonally - I updated the hex map by the way just today - so you count diagonally down from the letters, and vertically down from the numbers. Hope this makes sense. But I think I know what you mean by your lands, and I'm pretty sure Immac has already claimed a hex or two of what you claimed.

Everyone, here is Sekai so far:
Spoiler Sekai So Far :

Natural Regions:
Spoiler Natural Regions of Sekai :

Listing of Natural Regions:
Spoiler Listing of Natural Regions :

Lakes and Seas
Seto Sea
Lake Biwa
Lake Saroma
Lake Akan
Lake Suwa
Lake Kasumigaura
Lake Shinji
Lake Inawashiro
Lake Kuttara
Lake Towada
Lake Ogawara
Lake Kussharo
Lake Ikeda
Lake Toya
Lake Hamana
Lake Shikotsu
Lake Nakaumi
Lake Hachiro
Lake Chuzenji
Lake Mashu
Lake Tazawa

Rivers
Tokoro-gawa
Omono-gawa
Saru-gawa
Rumoi-gawa
Kakehashi-gawa
Kamo-gawa
Agano-gawa
Chikugo-gawa
Miya-gawa
Tenryu-gawa
Abe-gawa
Suzuku-gawa
Yahagi-gawa
Ibi-gawa
Sho-gawa
Kita-gawa
Ata-gawa
Nagara-gawa

Forests
Shimogama Forest
Tadasu no Mori Forest
Keta Woods
Dewa Forest
Yahiko Forest
Kasugarin Forest
Woods of Seifa Utaki
Tenkawa Forest
Kashima Forest
Atsuta Forest
Grand Forest of Aokigahara

Mountain Ranges
Hidaka Mountains
Kii Mountains

Still needed: names for grasslands. Open to suggestions. Only the really vast ones. Also need to add more NPCs - that is not all the NPCs. All the ones around Immac's place are Samebito, the big white kingdom is Tengu, and the white clan in the Kii Mountains is a Yato one.

And I'm going to go ahead and say character/party sign-up is closed temporarily. We need more kingdoms and clans. When the NES starts, kingdom/clan sign-up will be closed, but character/party sign-up will remain open indefinitely.

P.S. - the northern most lake called Inawashiro is actually Lake Towada. Oops.

Now, If I only could figure out who is who from that map (great map tho!)

Now, If I only could figure out who is who from that map (great map tho!)

You will in the end - I am just showing how much of it is filled up so far.

I will add small numbers next to each site of importance, and have a key - I think it's better than cluttering the map with text. Which do you all prefer?

You will in the end - I am just showing how much of it is filled up so far.

I will add small numbers next to each site of importance, and have a key - I think it's better than cluttering the map with text. Which do you all prefer?

Adding a number is better, you see, maps that are crowded end up like this:

Spoiler NWolfNES :

ur map is nice north- why complain?

its very pretty.

ur map is nice north- why complain?

its very pretty.

Thank you! Thank you!

It's difficult to avoid names running over each other, while making important objects visible. Take a lookie NE, where there are "Outcast village", "Dermon" and "Dimetrodon" villages. Names take away quite a bit from area I could use for markings or nature effects (grass, hills etc). Other example is "Mountain of Horrors" that took away most space where I could write "Gor' mining outpost" and "Gor' Raj-Tol Shrine".

Yeah Northen, looks good. I didn't mean anything by saying cluttered. Just how I felt about my map specifically.

I want to give some vague plotline ideas for the first turn, so you guys know what to expect and what kinds of things are in store for Sekai. First off, I will definitely bring shapeshifters into the mix in one way or another, and they will cause all sorts of mayhem, but I can't divulge any more information than that. In addition, there will be an extremely wise creature present during the first turn - also can't elaborate on that too much. And then, of course, it wouldn't be Sekai without a huge threat from undead spirits.

So can kingdoms and stuff invest in like attempting to create magic artifacts and generally have a bit of freedom in what we invest in? Or should we try to stay with basic stuff laid out in the rules?

So can kingdoms and stuff invest in like attempting to create magic artifacts and generally have a bit of freedom in what we invest in? Or should we try to stay with basic stuff laid out in the rules?

When it comes to money, you should stick to the basic stuff in the rules. That is cold, hard cash. If you want to create magic artifacts or something, that can be fluff of one kind. Example, you statistically defeat a powerful enemy with your armies, and you want to write a story about it. You mention how you created an artifact to help defeat it. This artifact will then grow in prestige. If you write about it enough, and story-tell about it enough, it will gain its own traction without you having to invest in it. Besides, magic artifacts were never created because of financial investment - they are sacred objects.

So I encourage you all to think outside the box with your story posting. That is the heart of this NES. Statistical changes to your realms/characters can occur with good stories, but most of all - they're just damn good stories that make for interesting interaction and good reads.

Kinda like the old Sekai. I was pretty open-ended with that, throwing out experience points for good stories. It'll be the same fashion, and I'm willing to accept a lot as long as you can write about it. But everything will have statistical conclusions, to keep things relatively simple, so if you do create a magic artifact and storytell about it enough, I'll pop in during a turn and say, "Well, now that item is giving you +5 attack to 50 specific infantry for the next 5 turns..." or something like that.

There will be surprises.

Move the Ohitsuji down ten spaces, I made up their claims on an earlier version of the map.

Top Bottom