1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Sekai: Land of the Fading Sun (Pre-FantasyNES)

Discussion in 'Never Ending Stories' started by kkmo, Dec 2, 2010.

1. Angst

Angst Rambling and inconsistent

Interesting; I don't want to play Yoma. For the sake of interaction (And my own interests) I stood between the choice of Yato and Human. The problem with Oni isn't so much their coolness; it's more that Humans are the most versatile of the natures; at least they're the nature I'm the most familiar with; and as such I think I'll do with some Humans. I just got another plan for playing Oni in my head, but really, I think I'm more inclined to Humans as of now.

This name was made by typing jkrjt or something into a Japanese name generator; I hope I don't offend anyone. But I think my kingdom is going to be named the following:

Jakkuurajuchi

EDIT: Just make the name Jatsuka.

This is my starting position.

I will write up some details after my eyes have been closed for half a day.

2. nutranurse

nutranurse Unlikeliest of Slash Fics

Aeotsu/Nutranurse
    Race: Oni
    Class: Budojin
    Current Location: Any Oni kingdom, if none are available then any chaos-aligned kingdom
    Attack: 2.
    Defense: 4
    Movement: 1
    Hit Points: 3
    Five Elements:Earth0/Water0/Fire1/Wind0/Void0
    Equipment: Savagely made oni armor, a large two-handed metal spiked club
    Inventory: None
    Gold: None
    Spells/Skills: Shield
    Movements: Move towards whenever Aeotsu may find gainful employment
    Education: Disarm

Description: Aeotsu is a female Oni, though this is hard to tell under the sheer bulk of her body. Plain brown skin stretches over her muscular frame, and her skin bears many long, trailing scars. She has shaggy black hair that reaches down the better part of her back. Jutting out from her hair is a single curved horn on the left side of her forehead. Her face is one typical of her fearsome race. When her mouth is closed she seems to be sneering and long, ivory fangs breach the corners of her mouth. Her eyes are beady, black balls set underneath heavy brows that seem perpetually furrowed.

This alright/there anything I need to do? If it's all clear I'll send in my orders ASAP

3. kkmo

kkmo 世界

@nutranurse: Looks really good. You can start off in the NPC Oni kingdom located in the Kii Mountains (southern mountains). The kingdom is called Hakaimichi, and they have two castles. Their big one is Hakaimichi Castle, and the small one is Himichi Castle. They are a more civilized bunch of Oni, but still love masashi, or raw horse meat. You are ready for preliminary turn orders.

@lord_joakim: Indeed, a human kingdom would be wonderful. We need another one of those for sure. My dice were extremely good to you, so you better play it well. ;) You begin with a per-turn gold amount of 6,200 and a total of 8 hexes (rolled 6 and 5 respectively). So please claim 8 unclaimed hexes and submit your 1. Kingdom profile and 2. preliminary turn order.

4. RPAdvantage

RPAdvantage Warlord

kkmo, I'm a bit confused on how to set it up. I wanted to mostly story write and help villagers etc. could you maybe suggest a stat distribution that would be good for a Samurai?

5. merciary

merciary No idea what I'm doing

merciary/ Tokaji
    Race: Nezumi
    Class: Ninja
    Attack: 3
    Defense: 3
    Movement: 2
    Hit Points: 2
    Five Elements: Earth1/Water0/Fire0/Wind0/Sky0
    Equipment: throwing knives, two daggers
    Inventory:
    Gold:
    Spells/Skills: Evasion

6. das

das Regeneration In Process

kkmo, did you get my PM? I'd appreciate a reply if so. ;)

7. nutranurse

nutranurse Unlikeliest of Slash Fics

I don't see those castles on the front-page map! Maybe they're also mysterious shadow-oni?

8. kkmo

kkmo 世界

9. kkmo

kkmo 世界

I encourage all players to write "Prelude" posts as The Strategos did. This can be some sort of story about your past, but it must occur before 1192, or within the very beginning of Fuyu 1192 (Winter 1192). It is a prelude because it exists before the events occur in our game. So, yeah, make it creative of course. It can really be any topic: background, love story (ha!), something about a clan that has now disappeared - just make sure it involves your character(s)/realm.

And I am going to continue posting NPC realm profiles every now and then, when I get the chance. Starting tomorrow is my big winter break, so not much will get done between now and January!

Prelude Post Away!

By the way, the map in the IC thread, not in this thread, is the most up-to-date, if I remember correctly. A bunch of NPCs, but the eastern part of Sekai is still a bit empty (there WILL be NPCs there!).

10. kkmo

kkmo 世界

Safe and back from vacation. Unfortunately, no one posted "Preludes" and I only received a couple sets of preliminary orders at all. Dead before it started? I suppose it is my fault for going on vacation for so long, and for having a theme that cannot garner much interest (Asian mythology).

Hope everyone had happy holidays.

11. Seon

Seon Not An Evil Liar

Does this mean we can have Space NES? :). I have a feeling that you will get a lot more attention with that...although designing it would be a hard and arduous task...

12. Immaculate

Immaculate unerring

I think you should provide update zero before you get discouraged. People want to see what happens before they start committing time/energy/care.

You have my spending right? You don't need anything else to get started right?

13. kkmo

kkmo 世界

I received everything from you, Immaculate. But I can't provide an update zero without people's orders. And another obstacle is our lack of kingdoms (which might not be so bad, actually). I think another thing is that this game is not necessarily high-stress, but it does have a bunch of stuff going on and orders take a while to create/implement (might be one reason why I haven't received many). Perhaps a simpler fantasy NES could be crafted by me, though the dynamic would be much different.

14. Frozen In Ice

Frozen In Ice Emperor

Kkmo I wouldn't give up yet. Now that you're back there's chance you can get everyone to come back and get their preliminary orders in.

I think I got mine in, right?

15. Ninja Dude

Ninja Dude Sorry, I wasn't listening...

I could get mine in later today I suppose. I don't wanna see this die :p

16. kkmo

kkmo 世界

OK, I got a couple more in now. Yeah, Frozen, I have yours. We'll be good to go once I get just a few more in.

17. kkmo

kkmo 世界

By the way, can anyone at all tell me a website that doesn't distort maps? Tinypics was looking clean for a while, but now all the maps are distorted. Do I just need to re-upload them or create an account or something?

Oh, and it'd be great if people posted prelude stories in the main thread... if they have time. Some backstory about your realm or character(s).

18. Adrogans

Adrogans Quiet Laughter...

I wondered if it was dead simply due to lack of posts. give me a couple days and story will come.

19. Northen Wolf

Northen Wolf Young Hunter

I use Imageshack.us, Have registered account for 2 years. Use it cuz photobucket annoyed me a lot when on many forums I saw picture: photobucket limit excieded or Pic does not exist. Sure Imageshack.us is not best site, but at least it hosts my pics (never had any trouble seeing them or showing them to others or seeing forum pics being marked as pic unavailable or whatever.

Spoiler :

Uploaded: 11/01/09

Uploaded: 08/12/08

20. kkmo

kkmo 世界

Thanks Northen. I'll check that out. My biggest problem is image artifacts appearing (distorting my beautiful image files, which look fine on my computer).

Yeah, once we get some backstories posted in the Main Thread, I will post Update Zero! I have posted a significant amount of information in the main thread about some of the NPC realms and "The Setting" for before Update Zero.