Seljuks? Whats that?

BSPollux

Deity
Im playing the Arabs and out of nowhere a barbarian city spawned, guarded by two crossbowmen and two swordmen. I wasnt too worried, untill one turn later when they got reinforcements: fifteen additional units, mainly some sort of strenght 13 cavalery and the rest crossbowmen. Two steps away from my citys, allready inside my borders.

They are called Seljuks. I hoped to find info in the civpedia, but theres nothing about them. Is this some scripted event? If so, there should be a warning. Its very well possible that they will destroy my nation now. No clue how im supposed to stop a dozent knights that spawn out of the blue right next to my citys during the hightimes of the crusades.

Realy, if you want to ruin everyones first atempt with that nation just pop up a window saying 'you lost'.

:mischief:

Just as in real life, the Seljuk Turks mess up everyone's game, at least, they mess up the unprepared. The first time I played Byzantium I was completely destroyed by the Seljuks. A visit to Wikipedia has had me building up my forces long before they appear ever since.

I allready guessed its historicaly correct, but they are way overpowerd.

Well, maybe not, if the real-world Seljuks were more advanced then any country in the world, spammed those hightech-units and had the ability to teleport wherever they wanted ;-)

No, realy, I defended against five drusades so far, and all of them together had only a fraction of that offencive power

Which revision are you playing with?
Or is it vanilla Beta 13?

Seljuks should strike on Byzantium harder than Arabia
In vanilla Beta 13 it was the opposite, Arabia got the stickier end of that strike
Anyway, I already modified it slightly in some of the recent updates. But I'm not yet sure if it was enough...

I dled the version that was announced on the mainpage a few days ago.

I survived, but it was very hard. Maybe its ok, but I was playing on the 2nd difficulty setting only...

Well I guess from a 'challenging or not' perspective you could keep them, it just feels unfair and unrealistic that the best army of the whole world spawns right in your country without warning and without explanation :)

Top Bottom