Selling Broadcast Tower turn before CN Tower

ignite

Chieftain
Having just gotten back into Civ 5 with G&K and new patch, I'm getting used to selling buildings now and realized something: Broadcast Towers arrive in Modern Era with Radio, and CN Tower comes in the Information Era, so it makes sense to build Broadcast Towers well before the CN Tower comes along. However, the turn before the CN Tower is complete, you can sell all your Broadcast Towers and gain 125 gold for each one, then get them all back for free with the CN Tower. Marvelous!

I also realized I don't need to keep my barracks in all of my cities after I complete my Heroic Epic in my capital. If I'm not going for Science Victory or Time victory, just domination, I can also sell my science buildings once I tech out. There's no real point to having most of them if all they're doing is contributing to Future Tech score but draining gold. Things to think about! Any more tips?

Same thing applies with taking policies that give free buildings. When I take an early legalism when I have one city, I sell the monument in my capital for 10g as it gets replaced for free with no gpt cost.

Same thing applies with taking policies that give free buildings. When I take an early legalism when I have one city, I sell the monument in my capital for 10g as it gets replaced for free with no gpt cost.

Bad idea, you could get a free Amphitheater if you wait.

And to the original poster, you need to save more scientists so you can build spaceship parts instead of wasting production on the CN tower.

culture buildings can all be sold once policies don't matter (like after the 5th branch is completed in a culture game, or if you're gonna win in 20 turns and the next policy will be 25)

happiness buildings can be sold if you have a surplus, don't want growth, and won't hit another golden age before the game ends

aquaducts/medical labs can be sold if a city has completely stopped growing and you want to keep it that way

faith buildings can be sold after the last GP is purchased and you won't get any more

I think you get the idea...for diplo wins you can go crazy and combine all of these. It makes sense to maximize your gold output for the endgame vote-buying by selling lots of buildings. Also, it's kind of funny winning a diplomatic victory by sending your own people back to the stone age.

More uses for faith than Great Prophets / Missionaries: There are several policies that if opened also give a free great person from faith.

sorry i actually meant "great people" not great prophet. basically at the end of the game after you've bought the scientists/engineers already.

Top Bottom