Semi-automated workers

tylor

Warlord
Let player say what improvements in what tiles he/she wants automated workers to build. And let AI sort out which worker will do it.

why? there is the option for the workers to improve tiles,yet not destroy the one existent...
and.. it won't be automated if you tell him what to do.. it's the same as manually controling him

I don't want to sort each personal worker each time I found a new city. I want to spend three seconds to command building TPs in each nearby hex and a road from nearby city and let AI do the MM.

@PEACE!-

What is being suggested is that you centralise the improvement building system. So you don't control each individual worker, but you control each improvement.

Major problem would be inefficient path finding and building patterns, and bad prioritisation.

When you have an army of workers and a roadwork, path finding and prioritisation is not that much a problem. but in the end, you will have as good improvement set as with manual assignment, but with nearly as little effort as with workers on auto.

The problem I guess isn't so much 'pathfinding' as dealing with interruptions along the path. As it is, if there is a worker in the way, a route will be cancelled, and sometimes the same happens for other nonsensical reasons. I don't really trust the pathfinding to do a sufficiently efficient job. If there are too many benefits lost through this (in terms of efficiency), then people won't like it.

Top Bottom