1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Semi-Finals: Germany vs. Italy

Discussion in 'Sports Talk' started by Inter4, Jun 30, 2006.

1. Inter4

Inter4 Forza Inter!

Tuesday July 4th @ Dortmund, 21:00

Everyone's going to say Germany will go through. But I trust Italy, and I know they will pull it off.

2. Mirc

Mirc Not mIRC!!!

I'm not sure. I will not predict anything, and there's something great about this match: I love both Germany and Italy, so I won't be upset no matter what the result is. Also it will be a very difficult match.

3. BirraImperial

BirraImperial Pura Vida!

Germany will win. Its really going to be hard since Italy has conceded only one goal in the whole tournament, but I guess being hosts and all are going to play in favor of the Germans.

4. dgfred

dgfred Sports Freak

My daughter (15yrs) is lusting over all the Italian guys and going for them, :mad: I of course am going for the Germans ;) . Should be
    a great match and a household free-for-all for us :hammer2: .

5. ChrTh

ChrTh Happy Yule!

Germany will win the match, Italy will win the Oscar for Best Actor.

6. FredLC

FredLC A Lawyer as You Can See! Retired Moderator

Well, I hope Brazil makes to the finals to stop whoever goes trough, otherwise we are bound to see yet another team winning 4 world cups, and closing up on us.

Which of those will be that, well, I'm pretty sure it's gonna be Germany. Home advantage goes a long way. But it will be a close match in which anything can happen, regardless my gut feeling.

Regards :).

7. Syntherio

Syntherio Prince

This match will become tight.

In the match Germany - Argentina I had a good feeling, because our strenght fits into the lack of the Argentinian play (crossings from the flanks and headers - actually the way, how Klose shot the 1-1). But that doesn´t count for the match against Italy.

I am not sure, what I will predict. But even if we´ll lose that game, we will play next weekend for the 3rd place. The performance of the german team in this World Cup is already an enormous success.

8. Darth_Pugwash

Darth_Pugwash wobble wobble

I am pleased for the Germans, as it is their home tournament. :)

They have had a good run, but I have a feeling that the Italians will win this one.

9. Louis XXIV

Louis XXIV Le Roi Soleil

Good luck to Italy :)

10. Dell19

Dell19 Take a break

Italy to get another player sent off?

11. Rik Meleet

Rik Meleet Top predator Retired Moderator

Italian supporters are the worst and the most unfair in their opinions. Nonsense "Robbed" remarks in 2002. "cunning" remarks after the Australia game and the completely undeserved penalty. Defending De Rossi's elbow and being offended by his sending off.

I support any team that plays Italy (even if that hasn't helped so far).

12. Rhye

Rhye 's and Fall creator

again with this obession. Can't you find something new to blame Italy? :rolleyes:

13. Rhye

Rhye 's and Fall creator

you're talkin about me right? :rolleyes:
    Nonsense "Robbed" remarks in 2002??? OK, you've gained the right to see the highlights of robbed 2002. Give me a few days to import them from vhs
    And what about being offended by De Rossi sent off? Who ever said that? :rolleyes:
    And on Australian penalty, in that moment I had seen it as correct. I changed my mind later, reviewing it from better angles, but I actually wrote this, so i really don't know what you are talking about (rolleyes again)

14. Rik Meleet

I wasn't personal. So I am not talking about you.
    However, if you feel you fit the description then you are backing my point.

I don't like Italian football, and I don't like Italian football fans. It might be me, it might be Italian football. It's just that Rik and Calcio are not compatible. Sorry.

And I don't like rolleyes.

15. Rhye

Rhye 's and Fall creator

it can be either me or Inter4, or RedThreat. There are no other italians here

16. Rik Meleet

It might be non-CFC Italians ;) There are over 58 million ...

17. Rhye

Rhye 's and Fall creator

okay.

but apart from you, I see in general in CFC something against Italy and italians.

I mean, if we take another team, let's say Holland. They have dived a lot with Portugal, much more than Italians, have had their share of red cards, more than italians again, and its supporters have been moaning for days about the referee.
    What about England, playing boring catenaccio (that actually isn't real catenaccio, but it has become a common word to describe that kind of playing)?
    But nor English or Dutch get this constant bashing. That's just for the italians.

18. Rik Meleet

Because you have earned a special place in our hearts ... :love:

Italians take things so Personal.

19. kronic

kronic Deity

Italy have to be the favourites. Although they had luck not to concede at least two goals against Ukraine, they still have probably the best defence in the world. They are also pretty efficient when it comes to scoring. It will be a close match but I give Italy a little advantage. I also have that 4-1 friendly this year well in my mind. That was an outstanding performance by the Italians.

20. luiz

luiz Trendy Revolutionary

Of course Germany will be the big favourite. It already is the favourite for winning the Cup!

If it will win or not is a totally different story, but still.