1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Semi-Finals: Germany vs. Italy

Discussion in 'Sports Talk' started by Inter4, Jun 30, 2006.

1. Darth_Pugwash

Darth_Pugwash wobble wobble

That was a high quality match all round. :D

Italy were the slightly better team though and so they deserve to go to the final.

2. willemvanoranje

willemvanoranje Curitibano

Ok, I hadn't understood very well, sorry. To me the emotion is one of the big attractions in the game though. The tension, the happiness after a goal..and with that also comes disappointment somtimes. :(

3. kryszcztov

kryszcztov Deity

@ kronic : You could at least be sad for the rest of the night, God damnit !! :mad:

:D

Hey, I swear I saw some German people be sad and tears coming in the stadium. They're not all like that. ;)

Glad this was a match with no problem, and an intense finish. And what a goal !! :eek: The 2nd goal was like when you finally kill the wounded bull, and it happened so fast ! But it was deserved. Italy didn't seem to want to go to the penalty shoot-out, and had better occasions in the extra time. Buffon still stands undefeated !!! :eek:

4. Darth_Pugwash

Darth_Pugwash wobble wobble

Speaking of goalies, Jens Lehmann had a great game.

5. kronic

kronic Deity

Sure, I saw quite some people being pretty sad since I watched it at some public viewing point. But right now, there's an Italian car parade going on in front of my house.

6. willemvanoranje

Just imagine how it is in the south..I'll call up my cousin tomorrow to ask if he got any sleep haha!

7. kronic

kronic Deity

Er...I'm in the south....

...of Germany. :mischief:

8. willemvanoranje

Darn, for some reason I thought you were in Hannover. My bad haha. May I ask you where in the south?

9. Urederra

Urederra Mostly harmless

Congratulations Kronic for your perfect prediction,

..and the italians for playing the final.

WOW, two goals in the last two minutes. weird. the stadium must be a funeral.

10. Inter4

Inter4 Forza Inter!

Rik, why don't you mod this post? :rolleyes:

I wish col was still around as a mod.

BTW, I also got a perfect prediction.

11. Mazarin

Mazarin Warlord

congrats to Italy...well deserved win. the good thing about that is that people will finally get rid of their flags and start arguing about important topics again. Any new information on the bird flu available out there?

12. willemvanoranje

Don't go there Andrea ;) We as veteran forum members should know not to defie the great power of the moderators. The ones we have are doing a fine job and we should be happy with them.. some of the past ones (not going to put in names here..but they were rather one-sighted; not sports forum related btw) would definetly have banned you for something small as this.

13. Inter4

Inter4 Forza Inter!

I just want fair and square treatment... is that wrong?

14. willemvanoranje

Well, you do have a point of course. There's been postings in French, German and Portuguese in this and other threads, and now Italian gets picked out. I do understand your point.. but Rik didn't delete it, did he?

15. kronic

kronic Deity

Yeah, let's talk about the ****ed up health care reform. :lol:

16. ThERat

ThERat Deity

must must be kidding...it simply can't be true. You mean Klinsmann already indicated he will resign...damn

anyway, guys you need to help me. I only woke up after 68minutes (I had a feeling it would 0:0 until then) watched until extra time, fell asleep and woke up 5 minutes before penalty shoot out preparing to go to work.
    So, how was the crowd during the anthem? I can see it was not a dirty game :goodjob: happy to see that they played square and nice soccer, this is really good. Italy seems to be really a changed side. I also had a feeling they don't want penalty shoot out, since that would have meant...

so, congrats to Italy, it will hopefuly be a great final

and Klinsmann MUST stay

17. kronic

kronic Deity

Mannheim/Heidelberg. I've just taken a look outside. Maybe 3,000 Italians out there...

18. Urederra

Urederra Mostly harmless

Congratulations to you too, :) Man, you are envious... LOL

I had Germany 1 Italy 2... so not too bad :D

[size=-2]And stop talking about mod actions [/size]

And If I eat pizza, I don't drink beer, I prefer wine. dough doesn't mix well with beer IMHO.

19. kronic

kronic Deity

No, he hasn't said anything but the latest rumours before the match were that he'll resign no matter what would happen. Guess they've ****ed a little bit too much with him...

I think the anthem was booed but I couldn't exactly hear it because it was too noisy around my place.

20. ThERat

ThERat Deity

I think one of Klinsmann's influence on the German side is that they did not play dirty in spite of all the hype before the game. Cab you guys imagine if Matthaeus would have been in charge?

Overall I think the German team achieved far more than they could have expected, but it seemed now everyone expected the cup...they should be proud to have played attractive football and showed the world that Germans can play that way. But I guess that won't help for a few days...