1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Semi-Iso with Mansa

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Strategy & Tips' started by Gwynnja, Oct 28, 2011.

1. Gwynnja

Gwynnja Deity

As we all know, Mansa is the only AI that will trade techs in isolation. Does he live or die? Here's a save just for kicks. We're Shaka. Map settings are Immortal difficulty, Normal speed, Standard size, Continents map script. Oh and you need BAT 4.4

Attached Files:

2. lymond

lymond Rise Up! (Phoenix Style!) Hall of Fame Staff

Bat 4.4?

3. Keilah

Keilah King

Tough to imagine a world where I'd prefer to kill off Mansa rather than keep him as a trading partner, especially since you can keep him to yourself this game =]

Vassalize him and gift his cities back once you contact the rest of the world.

4. Gwynnja

Gwynnja Deity

haha. oops. BUG 4.4. BAT 3.0

5. TheMeInTeam

TheMeInTeam Top Logic

Actually I'd advocate trading early (skirms are a pain but his tech trade spam isn't) and then killing him later for the production AND diplo boost (he's liable to be hated around the world).

6. Optical

Optical The Fall of the Eleventh

I might have a go at this, since I use BAT. Should be good fun :D

EDIT: oh, wait, Immortal? Forgot about that, might be just a little out of range.

7. Kid R

Kid R Emperor

Sounds like a builder's paradise. Rex hard, techtrade hard, and build hard using OR in Mansa's religion till say liberalism. The home lands should be just about jam packed by then and immortal-level human skill should have had plenty of time to set up a much superior empire/warmachine than Mansa has. A damaging ancient/medieval war followed by isolation in an even bigger tech hole than normal doesn't sound good.

8. Grassland Farm

Grassland Farm Warlord

I will probably get rampaged on Immortal, but my guess is to let him live and rush his arse before he cranks out longbows. If ivory is around here, Elepult will do.