1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

[GS] Send Aid Competitions Question

Discussion in 'Civ6 - Strategy & Tips' started by dexters, Jun 8, 2020.

1. dexters

dexters Gods & Emperors Supporter

So I've recently picked up on this game again and I'm playing through and learning some of the new mechanics, including 'send aid' world congress competitions.

I got locked into a vicious competition with Victoria for 2 concurrent send-aid missions, which would total 4 victory points. Even with all my cities producing send aid projects Victoria was keeping pace and would pull ahead in chunks. This is with what I considered a Space victory capable playthrough, though not my best playthrough on Emperor (lots of micro mistakes and missed out on key GPs)

I was able to clinch it by just dump 3,000 gold on the recipient one turn before the timer ran out, which game me a 3,000 point lead, not enough for Victoria to catch up. I think we ended up with something like me winning with 18,000 points with Victoria at 16,000.

This begs the quesiton would it be more efficient to just run commercial projects, and dump the gold I make ? What are the specific point bonuses for each send aid packages? And from my experience gold gifts are 1-1 conversion to points?

One factor is I do have 1 coal power plant, meaning I was polluting, which according to tooltip, reduces my score, but I'm not sure by how much. Is it a points penalty or does it simply reduces the points earned from send aid pacakges

2. tiamats4esgares

tiamats4esgares Warlord

Send aid projects give 200 points (on standard speed) so 200 gold worth...yeah, not much. The only plus side is it goes to everyone needing aid so then if there are multiple send aid requests it's multiplied. But that's about it.

3. MrRadar

MrRadar Emperor

By running commercial projects you convert only 30% of production directly into gold iirc, apart from generating GM points.
    While Send Aid project costs 200 production and gives you 200 points, so it is equivalent of 200 flat gold, ratio 1:1. The equivalent from the same amount of production dedicated to a commercial project would only be 60 gold, plus GM points of course.

So in this respect is more efficient to run Send Aid projects than commercial projects. And if there are several concurrent Aid Emergencies, points are added to all of them, so Send Aid projects become even more attractive.

By the way, Wiki page on this is outdated. When Send Aid projects were introduced, they were giving only 50 points and that was terrible inefficiency. Wiki still states this number, which was changed to 200 in later patches.

As for the penalty for pollution, I believe it is reduced by your CO2 emmission number that turn.

dexters likes this.
  4. dexters

dexters Gods & Emperors Supporter

5. Monthar

Monthar Deity

I usually give 20-30 GPT at the start of the competition. Then I turn around and sell whatever I can to that AI to get as much gpt from that AI as I can. I also sell stuff to all the other AIs to keep them broke or as close to it as I can. Yes, even my last copy of all my luxuries and my diplo favor. Many times I can get a nice amount of GPT and a copy of one or two of their luxuries in the deal.

Just another Jaguara likes this.