Sengoku-mod - Feudal Japan Mod/Scenario

HI strategyonly ,
long time since we spoke :)
i hope all is well.

saw the PM,
i didnt zip it or changed the file, it is as i downloaded it years ago.
what is missing the apk file?
as far as i looked, i believe all the Japanese units??

I downloaded the files from the mediafire link. The mod works well, and the only crash I consistently experienced was during Oda campaigns when sometimes it would shut down during great general rolls. Since I kept savescumming to try to get Mitsuhide Akechi, and I could never get him, I think the crash is related to that.

I don't know if there's anyone still playing this mod (or if embryodead is still working on this), but I've recently started making a Sengoku mod-mod.
However, my python skills are severely limited and I am stuck while making a 1583 late start scenario :mad:

Basically, I am getting the dreaded "You have been defeated!" screen, followed by a partially generated map (1583.JPG).
I'm suspecting it has to do with removing the "Ito" clan (by having the Shimazu clan taking over its cities/units) because their cities (on SE corner of Kyushu, the island) don't show up, along with other cities NE = down the WB file.
I tested the same thing with the "Arima" clan (orange, between the two greens) and it does the same thing. (1583arima.JPG)

1567.JPG
is what the map is supposed to look close to, with different city possessions etc.

I have no idea why this is occurring, as edad did get rid of several civs on the 1567 scenario without problems...
Also, I can't seem to fix this by giving Ito the cities back, so I might have made a unrelated critical error in the WB (perhaps when I added Toyotomi, Shibata etc. into the "free slots").

Here's what the pythonErr file gave out.
Spoiler :
Code:
Traceback (most recent call last):

File "CvWBInterface", line 47, in applyInitialItems
  File "CvWBDesc", line 1720, in applyInitialItems
  File "CvWBDesc", line 1152, in applyCity
  File "CvWBDesc", line 860, in apply
  File "CvWBDesc", line 24, in getPlayer

ArgumentError: Python argument types in
    CyGlobalContext.getPlayer(CyGlobalContext, NoneType)
did not match C++ signature:
    getPlayer(class CyGlobalContext {lvalue}, int)
ERR: Python function applyInitialItems failed, module CvWBInterface
Traceback (most recent call last):

File "CvEventInterface", line 30, in onEvent
  File "CvCustomEventManager", line 150, in handleEvent
  File "CvCustomEventManager", line 161, in _handleDefaultEvent
  File "Sengoku", line 489, in onGameStart
  File "SengokuUtil", line 716, in makeLeaderUnit
  File "SengokuUtil", line 678, in makeUnit

RuntimeError: unidentifiable C++ exception
ERR: Python function onEvent failed, module CvEventInterface

Do you still have this mod-mod? I saw references to a 1583 scenario in the Python files and got interested.

Are there any good tutorials for modding Civ 4? I'd be interested in picking up the work on this, but I don't have much experience in Civ4 modding or python.

On a whim I decided to check the Sourceforge again, and it looks like the link has been repaired - I redownloaded the installer and successfully installed it, seems things are running correctly.

Top Bottom