1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Sengoku-mod - Feudal Japan Mod/Scenario

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Modpacks' started by embryodead, Aug 6, 2013.

1. Royal Tenenbaum

Royal Tenenbaum Pacific Phytopathologist

EDIT: Figured it out

I notice that there is an event that makes a forest burn down; however in this mod, it's a good thing! It clears out the forest so you can build improvements
    Perhaps change the event to reduce production or commerce on the tile?

2. Royal Tenenbaum

Also, I suggest connected some islands to allow for easier access and more realistic movement; since navies are a pain. Kyushu and Shikoku should be connected to Honshu; Kyushu right on the tip and Shikoku in the middle-top.
    I also notice that forts add to science penalty? When I pillage my own it seems to raise my needed tech beakers.
    I don't remember the name of the unit, but out of the samurai, there is Spear, Sword, Spear-Sword (Halberd?), arrow, horse... I find the Spear-Sword/Halberd to be WORTHLESS! It has -75% less against mounted units, only to have a +25 field bonus. I've never used this unit, because it is much more efficient to make a couple units in its place to defend tiles.

3. Royal Tenenbaum

I also think the time should be slowed down by nearly half the current speed; Oda Nobunaga took nearly half of Japan by 1582.

4. Soulmate

Soulmate Warlord

Great mod ! But I'm a bit confused about the combat system, the enemy attackers skip the general units(?) ? Because it disturbs me alot when enemy general atacks my city straight away with 1 unit and kills my weakest units turn by turn instead of being destroyed by my own garrisoned general... zzz

5. Soulmate

Soulmate Warlord

doublepost... forum lags alot

6. Royal Tenenbaum

They only skip the Daimyo I believe

7. Soulmate

Soulmate Warlord

They skip all my generals and since 80% of my army is with general unit(forever at war) I'm having heavy loses all the time because my armies defending NOT WITH MY STRONGEST unit. I'm even considering not using generals at all...
    Also I just had a situation when I make the peace with the clan and next turn he attacks my ally, I can't disband this alliance(even tho I don't rly need and alliance with 1 city clan) and I can't afford to continue the war with attacking clan because EVERY neighborhood clan is declaring war at me( even tho I didn't started a single war by myself). AI is seeking to destroy the player so much or is it jsut the bad move to play Hosukawa ? Anyway it is a great and fun challenge(ALTHOUGH I'm rly frustrated by this random losses due to generals issue )

8. Royal Tenenbaum

I never find myself defendin... I'm always on the offense

9. Soulmate

Soulmate Warlord

Had 8 out of 20 known daymos (2 of them are alot powerfull than I am Like Oda and Tokugawa clan's) trying to destroy me but now I am on the horse again.

10. Royal Tenenbaum

I play as Oda or Otomo; I like the trading perk.

11. embryodead

embryodead Caliph

Hi there, on top of my usual problems I have my right hand paralyzed so typing with just the left one is tough. So is getting anyhting done these days :( I'll try to sum up a few things. I'm looking at 1-2 months rehabilitation to get my hand back now :\

1. Combat system: it does indeed try to "save" the warlords by defending with them last (It's the Lead from Behind modcomp); When it's disabled it's also annoying because Warlords die easily.

2. No one can vassalize to Ikko Ikki because they are rebels. They are monks & peasants fighting against samurai rule.

3. Naginata is not very useful, true, but historically it wasn't... durng Sengoku period it was pretty much abandonded in favor of better weapons i.e. yari.

4. Islands were originally connected when the map was smaller, but at this size it works out better as it is

12. embryodead

embryodead Caliph

Hi there! I've borrowed some soundtracks from your mod :) As for the images, yes they are from KOEI games, both Nobunaga's Ambition and Taiko series.

When you expand the dll and add more and more functionality, multiplayer becomes increasingky difficult to pull off, that's why it's single player only.

13. tkr4lf

tkr4lf Chieftain

First off, I'd like to say that this is a fantastic mod. I've had a lot of fun with it so far.

I've run into a bit of a problem though. It's late in the game (nearly 1590) and I've just now captured Kyoto (playing as Oda). My legitimacy is up in the 70's, and I need to get to work on banishing the shoguns. Unfortunately, I've met so many different clans/ created so many vassals, that the list of names on the right side of the screen is bigger than what will fit. As a result, I cannot click on the Shogun's name to contact him and banish him.

There doesn't seem to be any way to scroll the list, and I can't find the Shogun's name in the diplomacy screen or anywhere else that I can click on it to contact him. Is there some way to still get in touch with him? Is there a way to scroll the list of names? Or am I screwed here?

14. embryodead

embryodead Caliph

Leaderboard is not scrollable unfortunately. I might figure out a way to do this one day, but for now, to continue your game you can use Python console to contact the Shogun.

1. Open up the Python console in-game (normally SHIFT + ~ key on top-left of your keyboard) - it should open a modal window that says Python... and some numbers.

2. Type this and press Enter:
    Code:
    gc.getPlayer(0).contact(57)
    This will make player 0 (Oda) contact player 57 (Ashikaga). For other players instead of 0 you may type gc.getGame().getActivePlayer() which will just use whatever you're playing.

15. areon

areon Chieftain

When playing as Ikko Ikki I captured the Daibatsu but when I built sohei there they weren't getting meditation. Also curious why the hatamoto units for samurai civs are given cavalry icon but treated as melee unit? Really enjoyed conquering up to connect to Kaga and I keep getting free rebels in Mori's land :) Lost city near Oda to Matsudaira who razed it, the only time I saw a city razed so far. Great job.

16. embryodead

embryodead Caliph

Well, it only works for standard naginata-armed Sohei and not any other units (such as Mounted or Teppo Sohei). Does that explain it or did it not work for standard Sohei?

Hatamoto is considered a mobile melee/bodyguard unit, rather than typical cavalry. Graphics actually vary depending on the civ (i.e. for rebel civs it's not cavalry).

Thanks and yeah, there are two monk fortresses in the game that were historically burnt down and so they can be razed.

17. platyping

platyping Sleeping Dragon

Actually, already made a scrollable scoreboard for quite awhile.
    Just didn't bother to do advertisements.

18. Horatius

Horatius Prince

I managed to make an adaptation of Platy's scrollable scoreboard for Sengoku. No more nightmares about the right side of the main screen.

Edit: below

19. Yoda Power

Yoda Power ✫✫✫✫✫✫✫

Finally got around to try this out.

This is by far the most fun I've had playing Civ4. Really well done scenario, ED. :thumbsup:

20. Dengg

Dengg Chieftain

This is a very great mod. with fantastic music titles!