Sengoku - Shogun Total War

headhunter

Chieftain
Are you fan of Shogun total war?

In CIV III Conquests this theme,this period of battles for shogunate in medieval Japan is explored in 7th scenario:Sengoku - Sword of the Shogun.
I liked it instantly,but in this scenario you start from scratch,and major clans are equal with smaller ones,all the units aren't there,...
So I took some time,diged up exact unit data,provinces layout,etc...and morphed all that into civ III sorounding,as best it can be done

Here it is!
CIV III - SHOGUN TOTAL WAR

I have provided screenshots,data layout,how have used it and all the rest.
I'm open to sugestions as well

Sengoku-Shogun Total War.zip - scenario file
screenshot-Total war.jpg - screenshot
jap.jpg - original map of Japan in Shogun total war
Resources.zip - resources i used in proces

Attachments

• Sengoku-Shogun Total War.zip
    37 KB · Views: 809
  • screenshot-Total war.jpg
    screenshot-Total war.jpg
    135.7 KB · Views: 1,526
  • jap.jpg
    jap.jpg
    129.4 KB · Views: 1,176
  • Resources.zip
    141.7 KB · Views: 704
Some details for units and provinces morphing:

Shogun Total War:
Yari Samurai
Attack (hth): 0
Defense: 2
Armor: 3
Morale Bonus: 2
Walk Speed: 6
Run Speed: 10
Cost/Unit: 200 Koku

CIV III:
Yari Samurai
Attack=Attack (hth)+Morale Bonus,in relative to other units (-10 to 14) <12>
Defense=Defense+Armor,in relative to other units (-1 to 13) <7>
Speed= < standard infantry> <1>
Shield cost=Koku*2/5 <200*2/5=80 shield>

1. Units: Yari Ashigaru,Yari Samurai,Naginata,No-Dachi Samurai,Warrior Monk,Samurai Archers,Arquebusiers,Yari Cavalry,Heavy Cavalry,Cavalry Archers
2. It's all about 7 clans-Hojo,Imagawa,Mori,Oda,Shimazu,Takeda,Uesugi.As in total war,every clan has its advantages:
Mori has resources for Warrior Monks,Shimazu for No-Dachi,Imagawa for ninja,Oda has numerous irrigated fields-people power.
3. Other provinces,here and there,have the same resources,but only specific ones that provide specific clan with theire favorit units,have them for sure.
4. You have to build roads,colonies,and city improvements-they are not there.That simulates building improvements in provinces

Getting an error message as soon as I select the scenario. Naturally I would see what I can do to fix it myself but Im in an unusually lazy mood tonight. Anyway, it goes a little something like this..

ERROR READING FILE

Missing entry in "text\PediaIcons.txt": ICON_BLDG_Geisha

So.. fix it or tell me how to fix it. Id like to play :)

GeneralZhouYu said:
Getting an error message as soon as I select the scenario. Naturally I would see what I can do to fix it myself but Im in an unusually lazy mood tonight. Anyway, it goes a little something like this..

ERROR READING FILE

Make sure you have Civ III Conquests,if you have Sengoku standard scenario in it,you shouldn't have problems.This scenario uses all the same files there,it should be working...?

Its working for me....its a nice scenario

I got it working. It just took a little tweaking that I wasnt in the mood to do last night. Looks promising. ;)

Nice. I especially like the units with those Japanese flags in the back. They are so cool.

Looks good... however you need to remove the leaders names from the scenario properties. They are already defined in the rules section. Otherwise all leaders are named the same. I suddenly had Mori Motonari as leader of the Takeda ;) A Civ bug...

And 1450 is not the correct starting date. Too early. What was it in Shogun - Total War? 1500? Later?

What is more annoying is that all tech is allready researched. Including gunpowder...

Why don't give everyone all pre sengoku tech. The rest still needs to be researched.

That the exact type and number of units from shogun are already available at the beginning of the game isn't that important.
Don't forget that as a consequence of buildings superior units of the same type could be built. Better weapons and armor. The same can be done via research in Civ. Perhaps something equivalent to the Shogun unit with upgrading could be done... A simpler version of the yari samurai available at the beginning. And then upgraded to a unit with better attack and defense values when a certain tech is researched.

GeneralZhouYu said:

ERROR READING FILE

I got C3C and i got the same error :cry:

capman said:
Looks good... however you need to remove the leaders names from the scenario properties. They are already defined in the rules section. Otherwise all leaders are named the same. I suddenly had Mori Motonari as leader of the Takeda ;) A Civ bug...

On the civ leader names, how does one fix that?

I hate reviving a dead issue. But this is killing me.
The clans are completely wrong. Also, by making this scenario in homage to Total War, in total war those are the names of the provinces, not the cities.

Top Bottom