1. Firaxis celebrates the "Asian American and Pacific Islander Heritage Month", and offers a give-away of a Civ6 anthology copy (5 in total)! For all the details, please check the thread here. .
    Dismiss Notice

Senshi's Civs

Discussion in 'Civ5 - New Civilizations' started by senshidenshi, Apr 30, 2016.

1. retrocity5

retrocity5 Prince

We just don't know

2. senshidenshi

senshidenshi Switched the Red and Blue channels

pls don't spam my thread with memes you don't get

Once more, if anybody is interested in doing pedia entries for Cornwall, please PM me!

3. Peter von Biron

Peter von Biron Chieftain

I think the Nenets may be a bit overpowered...

4. 1760s

1760s Chieftain

Are the Bugadyl Dwellings supposed to spawn on water? I noticed it happening more than once in my most recent game when embarked Evenki units were destroyed.

5. Jarula

Jarula King

Any chance you can make these Vox compatible?

6. senshidenshi

Equesrider and SamuraiOutcast like this.
  7. SamuraiOutcast

SamuraiOutcast Grand Duke

Fantastic job Senshi! :D

8. Stef09

Stef09 Warlord

I noticed that, when playing another civ but having Cornwall and ao CiD loaded, the Tin resource shows up in the top bar next to shackles and power. Not sure it's relevant for other civs to have it shown there?

9. Chrisy15

Chrisy15 Flower, Beautiful

Presumably because Tin is a strategic resource, and it's not as if there's a <CivilizationType> check on Strategic Resources.

10. senshidenshi

Cornwall can also trade Tin to other civs, allowing them to construct the Tin units.

11. Guandao

Guandao Rajah of Minyue and Langkasuka

Looking at the Civ 5 mod wiki, I see you are planning to do Tuva, Buryats, Koryaks, Fiji, Thonburi, Tairona and Chumash. Good luck!
    ldvhl was planning to do a Chumash under a different leader. If they are not going to do it anymore, perhaps you can ask them for the Civilopedia entries for the civ and Tomol which I wrote for them.

Also, did you pick Udre Udre as the leader of Fiji because he was a cannibal? Why not Cakobau as leader?

I'm willing to write some of the Civilopedia entries for your upcoming civs if you need help.

12. senshidenshi

The idea for the Fiji GPuzzle and I are doing isn't so much to represent Fiji as a whole, but rather to do a civ based around the Cannibal Islands era Fiji: what in Fiji is referred to as the Time of the Devil (which also happens to be the UA name ;))

If you'd be up for writing pedias for any of my upcoming civs, I'd be extremely grateful!

13. Guandao

Guandao Rajah of Minyue and Langkasuka

Sure, just let me know which ones you need.

14. senshidenshi

Well, the first three I'm planning on doing are Tuva, the Buryats and the Koryaks. If you could do pedias for the civ, leader (Koryaks' is fictional, a la Ekeuhnick), and uniques (except the Koryak Yayanga) that'd be superb ;)

15. ldvhl

ldvhl ніщо

You can totally use whatever pedias, icons, or whatever you need for your civs that came from my projects.

16. Gedemo

Gedemo Cacique

I've seen that you want to redo two others of MY :mischief: civs, the koryaks and Cuchacique of the Taironas. The more a civ is modded, the more it will be known among civ players , and potentially it will be modded quicker for the next civ generation... i liked what you have done with the Nenets and the Evenks.

Will you take Lawtylywalyn for the Koryaks leader? I find his name is cool, and he is mentioned in the legends of koryak/chukchi wars . see my pedia (quite short)

17. senshidenshi

It's great to know you approve of my redoing of your civs! I was worried I'd unwittingly made an enemy :p

I'd perhaps like to take Lawtylywalyn as a leader, but I believe TPang has snatched it from my hands for his Chukchi design :p

18. retrocity5

retrocity5 Prince

I thought I'd heard that CL's Chukchi was canned. Right about the time Civ VI was released.

19. Stef09

Stef09 Warlord

Have 2 bugreports - playing a.o. with JFD gameplay mods, E&D, EE, HR, CP (14-Dec) - attached the logs:

Cornwall:
    - With most recent version of Cornwall (19-Jan) just discovered Tin and even though I get the 2 gold bonus, it doesn't connect as a strategic resource (stays at 0 Tin), so not able to build any tin-specific units.

The Nenets:
    - You might want to lower the frequency of deer spawning, I've received my 4th in just turn 31 (of which one in tile of the capital so not very useful). It's giving a lot of room for growth but just a bit over the top...
    - When using the Tadibya to create deer, it doesn't bring up deer on the map or increase in yield. When you hover over the tile, it says "Create a Source of Deer", but that's it.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jan 22, 2017
  20. senshidenshi