1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

SENTENCING POLL - People vs. Stuck_as_a_Mac

Discussion in 'Civ3 - Demo Game II: Polls' started by Bill_in_PDX, Nov 26, 2002.

?

What Shall Stuck_as_a_Mac's Sentence Be?

Poll closed Nov 29, 2002.
  1. Suspension from the Demo Game

14 vote(s)
    45.2%
  2. Warning

16 vote(s)
    51.6%
  3. No Punishment

1 vote(s)
    3.2%
  4. Abstain

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Bill_in_PDX

Bill_in_PDX Grumpy Submariner

Stuck_as_a_Mac was convicted of violating the Code of Laws, Section B - Game Play Restriction in this poll: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=37392

The sentencing phase is conducted as set forth in the Code of Standards, Section H, Point 8.d. Note that not all punishments allowed in that section are included here.

Specifically:

Impeachment - Exclueded due to SaaM not holding an official office recognized by the laws.

Final Warning - Excluded due to SaaM having no previous warnings via PI issued.

Note:

The laws specifically state that any sentencing assigned that involved suspension is subject to review by the Moderators of the Demo Game, and that the length of any such suspension is specifically assigned by the Moderator.

This poll will remain active for 72 hours, at which time sentence will be imposed

2. Cyc

Cyc Looking for the door...

:mischief: :rolleyes: 14 voters so far and no postings.....

:sleep: SHHHhhhh...I voted suspension ...:nono:

3. naervod

naervod My current user title

I voted suspension too, although I would feel like justice had been done if he got a warning.

4. Veera Anlai

Veera Anlai Southern Belle

Heh, I think suspension is too stiff for such a minor offense, especially when no harm was done and it is unlikely he'll ever repeat the mistake. Depriving ourselves of citizens at this time wouldn't be prudent.

5. GenMarshall

GenMarshall Night Elven Ghost Agent

New Suramar City, Vekta, United Terran Systems
    :cringe: Ohhhh. Suspention. This does not look good For stuck

6. Bill_in_PDX

Bill_in_PDX Grumpy Submariner

This will be one of the few times I disagree with Veera.

I think this is not a minor violation at all. In fact, I believe this is the worst possible violation that someone can commit in the demo game.

Fortunately SaaM was very forthcoming with his admission, and I admire that, but considering that the normal penalty for this offense used to be perma ban, I feel that some sort of suspension is warrented, even though SaaM has been great throughout this process.

7. Veera Anlai

Veera Anlai Southern Belle

I believe playing a ways into the game would be a huge offense Bill, but I do not believe playing a turn ahead in a moment of imprudence, like what Stuck did, is on the same magnitude of what used to constitute a permaban.

Rather than charging him of First Degree Playing Ahead, how about Third Degree? :cool:

8. Octavian X

Octavian X is not a pipe.

I couldn't live with myself if I voted with suspension...

Vote warning!

9. naervod

naervod My current user title

I believe actually playing the game is a major offense, but because little damage was done it is less bad. However, since it is a big violation, I voted the way I did.

10. Furry Spatula

Furry Spatula ...

I voted warning. I am pretty sure SAAM wont do this again. Due to the fact that he admitted it. Bringing me to another question, If he admitted guilt, why did we have to have a trial to see if we found him guilty? Does that mean you can admit guilt and be found innocent?

11. Grandmaster

Grandmaster Deity

Warning. We shouldn't be depriving ourselves of an upstanding citizen at this point.

We ain't gonna do it. Wouldn't be prudent. At this juncture.

All we are saying is give SaaM a chance!

12. donsig

donsig Low level intermediary

I voted suspension merely because I do not think a warning is sufficient. I do not think a long suspension is warranted since there was no damage to the demo game and SAaM has been upright and forth coming about the details of this event. I think a demo game suspension of one turn chat would be appropriate.
    Of course if *Roast the Penguin on a stick* had been one of the choices I would have voted for that....

13. Grandmaster

Grandmaster Deity

"Fanatikan Inquisition", Donsig?

14. Danke

Danke Judge Advocate

Bill, thanks for posting the sentencing poll.

Judge advocate recommendation:

One week suspension from demo game.

Reason: Despite Stuck's being forthcoming about his actions, this is a *very* serious breach of the rules. Not playing the game save is critical to a fair an unbiased playing of the demo game for all involved. It is hard to imagine a worse breach by someone other than the DP.

To give you a sense of how serious this is, had Stuck not come forward and instead had tried to hide his actions, I would be pushing for a permanent ban.

Danke
    Judge Advocate

15. Danke

Danke Judge Advocate

Because there is no legal mechanism to bypass the trial phase, even when someone pleads guilty. Frankly, this ought to be changed.

Danke
    Judge Advocate

16. Stuck_as_a_Mac

Stuck_as_a_Mac Aptenodytes forsteri

As the defendatnt, I am still for warning, but seeing as there is a 3 vote margin in favor of suspension, IMO, I think the length of suspension should be determined by the margin of votes.
    Also: to those who I am helping with Latin translations, I will start an OT thread for translations. Should any DG related translations "happen" to cross my way, I believe it would not be a violation of my suspension to translate them.

17. BCLG100

BCLG100 Music Master

would he be suspended forever i said warning its a game after all

18. Octavian X

Octavian X is not a pipe.

According to the CoS, a moderator sets the suspenstion time.

19. Cyc

Cyc Looking for the door...

If anyone here remembers the very first Constitution (I do), they may recall that "do not play the save" was the only part in bold letters. If I'm wrong, please correct me.

20. Furry Spatula

Furry Spatula ...

Danke, thanks for the explanation. I was scratching my head trying to figure that one out.