• Abstain

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bill_in_PDX

Grumpy Submariner
This is a sentencing poll for the Public Investigation of Vice President donsig.

He was convicted of violating the Code of Laws, Section A, in this poll: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?s=&postid=443594#post443594

This poll is conducted in strict accordance with Code of Standards Section H, Point 8, and subsections a, b, and d.

Some possible sentences (such as suspension or removal from office) must be confirmed by Moderators, see Point 9 for details.

This poll is active 72 hours only

Bill
Judge Advocate

The Judge Advocate's office recommends giving Vice President donsig a warning in this matter.

This citizen's contributions to our demo game far outweigh the results stemming from the incident in question. It would truely be a shame to impose a sentence that stifles those contributions.

Bill
Judge Advocate

This message has been received via PM from Shaitan, and I ask all citizens to read it prior to voting on sentence.

=======================

Statement from Shaitan:

To the citizens of Phoenatica,

I wish it to be known that donsig and I made our peace shortly after this public investigation began. We quickly returned to our cooperative and productive relationship and began working together again on fixing elements of the game that need to be tweaked for game 2.

This PI resulted from a collision between two headstrong individuals who both have a problem recognizing when a discussion should be taken off of the forums. I am equally responsible for the escalation that eventually led to this penalty poll.

As I said, we made our peace quite some time ago. I offered to withdraw the charges but donsig declined my offer. Bill, donsig and Eklektikos were all presenting fantastic cases. This was the first valid PI run completely by the Justice Department in its official capacity and we were both keen to see it progress.

He didn't have to risk being in this penalty phase at all but chose to take the chance so we could see just how well our justice system works (and it seems to work phenomenally well, I might add). He has already paid a penalty for his transgressions in the hours of research and case preparation. He has paid by having to endure the rigors of a public investigation. He paid as he watched the guilty vote climb, vote by vote, a horrible counterpoint to the sinking feeling in his stomach.

I ask that you vote leniently in this poll.

Thank you for your time.

Hehe. Edited to fix bolding.:rolleyes:

I think you know what I voted.

I say 100 lashes with the constitution!!!:p

Actually, I vote for no punishment.

[take off Judge Advocate hat]

I also voted no punishment.

[/take off Judge Advocate hat]

Originally posted by eyrei
I say 100 lashes with the constitution!!!:p

Maybe to Shaitan and Donsig for inticing a riot? ;)

Anyway, it's the end of the game, so let's just drop it. :) (umm.. not the constitution. ;))

I cannot be rehabilitated. I posted the following in the latest Senate poll. :

Do I dare post here?

C'mon guys. You did not vote on this already. This is a new proposal.

I guess I shouldn't be so upset. I should thank the senators for basically proving I was right all along - they don't know what they're voting on!

Ban me if you must but please don't remove my post.

I throw myself on the mercy of the court!

Originally posted by donsig
I cannot be rehabilitated. I posted the following in the latest Senate poll. :

I throw myself on the mercy of the court!

Well, this just proves that donsig is our own Robert Downey Jr. of the Demo Game.

You know he has problems...addictions even...but gosh darn it, he is so darn lovable....

okay, so maybe that was a crappy analogy...:crazyeye:

Public Investigations? Sentencings? Bans, warnings, etc.? Yikes! I didn't realize there was such detail in the Civ 3 Diplomacy function!

Free Donsig! Free Donsig! Whatever you "did" Donsig, always speak you mind!

:)

This poll has reached quorum, and is now binding when the poll closes Saturday evening.

This poll is closed. Investigation is closed.

No further action will be taken.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom