1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

[NFP] September Update Video Discussion

Discussion in 'Civ6 - General Discussions' started by bite, Sep 14, 2020.

1. criZp

criZp Emperor

2. Lord Lakely

Lord Lakely Idea Fountain

the Byzantine leader either has a fluffy white beard or a white shawl draped around their neck. I think it's a beard and the only relevant emperor to be consistently portrayed with grey hair is Basil II.

Conquest would be a very weird angle for any of the three female options (Theodora, Zoë, Irene).

Zaarin and AntSou like this.
  3. Kibikus

Kibikus Warlord

Another screenshot where we clearly see the Gaul capital with both an Encampment and the new district, and also what looks like a Workshop in the new district, so very likely an IZ replacement

Spoiler Gaul district :
    gauls.png

Their cities should be a tough nut to crack, will definitely add them to my next Rome game.

4. Bonci

Bonci King

You can also see the unique unit, seems a spearman replacement!

5. blackcatatonic

blackcatatonic Queen of Meme

The 'but how can you have Italy when you have Rome already?' argument always looked a bit weak to me but yeah, the introduction of Gaul pretty much kills it off.

I now almost don't want to see Portugal or Babylon in NFP, likely as I think they both are, because it might indicate there's another cycle of new Civs to come...

6. cathar knight

cathar knight Chieftain

Underwhelming. Once more. And like Civ. VI in a whole, after all.
    Saddens me to say this, but hey, it's my opinion. Perhaps change the team for the next iteration? (not bashing anyone, but... I don't feel the "Civ vibe" from those guys, neither in what they deliver - I'm someone who played Civ games since Civ 1 btw). A shame, because VI could have been the best in the series; for me, that continues to be Civ IV. Meanwhile, before VII, there's more games to play and among them Humankind around the corner.

7. Venceslau Pietro Pietra

Venceslau Pietro Pietra Chieftain

And then it ends being Theodora under a veil

Inawordyes, Zaarin, conorbebe and 7 others like this.
  8. 8housesofelixir

8housesofelixir King

I generally agree with your praises and critiques on the new gamemode, these are all good points. I personally don't mind getting rid of Normal Ages though.

IMHO it seems the Golden Age cards are all wild cards, which means they will compete the wild card slots with other cards you want to plug in. I think the meaningful decisions are still there.

King Rad, Nerevatar and Noble Zarkon like this.
  9. Lord Lakely

Lord Lakely Idea Fountain

The Gallic district is probably called a "Gobena" - the Gallic word for forge.

conorbebe and Myomoto like this.
  10. criZp

criZp Emperor

Some new policies.

policies.jpg

policies2.jpg

Last edited: Sep 14, 2020
  11. Timberdoodle

Timberdoodle Chieftain

Automatically losing cities as soon as you hit a dark age is going to be painful, as reading the game mode description it sounds like it's not based on loyalty but the cities automatically flip the turn you hit a dark age? That said, I like the idea of empires collapsing and then reforming throughout history. Will be curious to see how it plays out!

12. Kupe Navigator

Kupe Navigator Prince

ah the last great emperor of Byzantium. Some historians see his death as start of the decline of the Byzantine empire... fits quite well with new mode if it is true,

bite likes this.
  13. bite

bite Unofficial Civilization Cartographer Moderator

Made a second update to the Features Thread with some of the new info gleaned from the screenshots in this thread.

Stilgar08 likes this.
  14. bengalryan9

bengalryan9 King

I'm curious about what the points threshold will be. With no normal ages and stronger dark ages will the required points to reach a golden age be a little lower, or will they remain the same?

darkace77450 likes this.
  15. Haig

Haig Deity

So far the best New Frontier Pack DLC!

Byzantium was my #1 wish so I am happy, now I need to read stuff about Gauls to learn more about them.

I also bet Basil II leads Byzantium, he was militaristic and founded the Varangian Guard and he leads Byzantium in the Vikings scenario.

Dramatic Ages looks very cool! I always wanted Dark Ages to be more punishing.
    Imagine playing Roosevelt and during Industrial Era you get a dark age and some cities rebel and you get yourself your own American Civil War. Nice!

16. Gali

Gali Prince

Renaissance Italy is already in the game as it should be , a bunch of city states. There was no central polity of even much unity. They certainly didn't think of themselves as italian. And Gauls were in far mor than france that is very reductive. They were in Italy and Spain and germany and even in Central Anatolia. Hopefully the civ 6 city list reflects this and is not the civ 5 celts which were just the welsh or britons

17. Eagle Pursuit

Eagle Pursuit Scir-Gerefa

I'm pleased to see Byzantium, as always. If the Gauls turn out to be Industrial/Cultural like it appears, they will be my favorite civ of the NFP.

They will be good wonder hoarders.

Inawordyes, Zaarin, conorbebe and 4 others like this.
  18. Josephias

Josephias Emperor

Confirms most dedications will be reformed as golden age policies, altough new ones seem to be added too - Sakdina? (wikied it, is a system of Thai hierarchy) is new, and more focused in the loyalty game. Dark policies are probably revamped as you'll need a bit more punch in the Dark Age.

Dramatic ages will probably military more needed, not to fight other civs, but to quell your own rebellions. Just hoping they probably have tweaked the number of cities rebelling on a dark age depending on the age. Losing half your empire when you have only 4 cities and room for expansion is maybe not as bad as loosing half of a consolidated empire late game (probably % of rebellious cities should diminish by age, or be a fixed number)

---

Edit: added tought on Gauls. I just hope they do not get culture bombs from all mines. In the video, it was an amber mine. I think it will fit, and be powerful enough, to get culture bombs from mines on luxuries/strategics.

nzcamel and 8housesofelixir like this.
  19. Alexander's Hetaroi

Alexander's Hetaroi Deity

Not to mention the beard would be a weird angle for the female options.

Italy and Portugal for a Pass 2 Pack please!!! :please:

CoconutTank, nzcamel, AntSou and 7 others like this.
  20. Kibikus

Kibikus Warlord

Another interesting aspect of the new game mode is that Free Cities will exert loyalty pressure. I'm curious to see how impactful this will be. Probably not a lot on its own, though it could open up some possibilities down the line for something like forming new nations mid game, either officially, or through a mod.

conorbebe, nzcamel, AntSou and 6 others like this.