[NFP] September Update Video Discussion

There is a grand total of one greek city state in the game Atioch which is being removed and is in Syria. 2 city states and now 3 is massive cultural representation for the new city state system which finally expanded beyond civ. And unless you want half the roster to be european there have to be cut. byzantium has a different religion and government and continent, byzantium was only powerful with Anatolia, army and societal structure than even early imperial rome. It is also quite different from the Ottomans I could do without the gauls But I hope they spread them out

Just a thought, it seems that the DF penalty, which applies to loyality flipping capitals. Will be making a mess in the new mode, be ready to having negative DF for the entire game.

I bet they didnt even took it into account.

I hope Im wrong, but I dont think I will be.

I bet Gauls' achievement will be Asterix easter egg.

The Gaul capital seems to be Aduataca which makes Ambiorix a very probable leader. He was the head of Eburones. Does no one complain about Gaul blob yet? :crazyeye:
Considering it's a step in the right direction from a singular Celts blob, no I don't think anyone is complaining.

Just a thought, it seems that the DF penalty, which applies to loyality flipping capitals. Will be making a mess in the new mode, be ready to having negative DF for the entire game.

I bet they didnt even took it into account.

I hope Im wrong, but I dont think I will be.

I mean, its -5 favor/turn if you have the capital. You might loyalty flip like one capital this way on accident, which is hardly a malus at this point. I don't think it will be a big problem, as the cities you likely lose will probably be edge cities/low loyalty cities

I love the change to Georgia’s Strength in Unity... I just wish that they would change it to that for their base game as well instead of just the new game mode. I’m one of the few that love playing Tamar but I’ve always viewed their extra Golden Age bonus score as their least appealing aspect (it feels flavorless since you’re rewarded with something that technically everyone can get). This new design is much more interesting, powerful, and fun. Maybe it will replace the old one if proven popular... (crosses fingers).

Last edited:
IMPORTANT: GAULS' UNIQUE DISTRICT IS DEFINITELY AN INDUSTRIAL ZONE REPLACEMENT

Exhibit:
View attachment 569135

It's an habit for Unique Districts to still have the same building slots for them (except Phoenicia's Cothon, but Mali's Suguba follows this rule). And look how familiar the slot of Gauls'UD are similar to those on a regular Industrial Zone. The most flagrant is the slot for the Powerplant.

So an IZ replacement that can defend itself and might produce additional culture? Dunno, but it's definitely an IZ.

So another IZ replacement UD. I hope this doesn't introduce bugs when Germany and Gauls conquer each other. (It's buggy when Phoenicia and England conquer each other - the Harbor UD just blows up instead of converting. Not sure about Maya and Korea's Campus UD.)

So another IZ replacement UD. I hope this doesn't introduce bugs when Germany and Gauls conquer each other. (It's buggy when Phoenicia and England conquer each other - the Harbor UD just blows up instead of converting. Not sure about Maya and Korea's Campus UD.)

The Mayan UD after conquest doesn't seem to be bugged in the 3D graphics, because it still has the same building slots as a normal campus. The problem with Phoenicians is that the Cothon is entirely different from a Harbor in the 3D graphics/models and the game probably cannot handle that well.

The Gaul UD looks like having the same building slots as a normal IZ, I assume it will be fine.

Most of the Golden Age dedications are now new social policies. But where is Monumentality? That's the one I always choose.

It’s the one in the void space. If you look at the video, they were slotting it.

Are all the game modes just going to be totally imbalanced wacky? I'm stoked for the Civs, and the wonders make sense of they're only doing the two. But wow, I am NOT stoked about yet another game mode that just ramps up part of the game and makes it a random crapshoot.

That's kind of the point of these game modes. They said from the beginning that the game modes were meant to really mix up the way the game is played and that they were supposed to be a bit wacky which is exactly why they were option modes as opposed to being added to the base game.

I am quite excited about the new game mode. I find the current age system a little bit underwhelming - the different ages, the dark and normal ones especially, don't feel particularly impactful.
So I'm all up for making them more dramatic - being in a dark age should feel rough.

What I'm curious to see is the exact implementation of the system. From what I saw, it looks like the number of cities lost in a dark age is directly tied to game difficulty, rather than other factors, which is a bit bland. Also, I'm curious to see what determines which cities are lost - the ones with the lowest loyalty, ones on the edge of your empire, etc?

Also, some of the dark and golden age policies seem interesting
Spoiler Policies :
The dark age policy looks a lot different... For example Collectivism was "Farms +1 Food. All cities +2 Housing. +100% Industrial Zone adjacency bonuses. BUT: Great People Points earned 50% slower." Now it reads IZ provide food according to their adjacency.

Top Bottom