Serbia as playable civ

awsome! serbia all the way!

Anima Croatorum said:
This looks interesting, I'll give it a shot once my copy arives, hopefully on Monday. But why the Hajduk unit? I'd personally go for the Turbofolk Singer unique unit, with a Seka Aleksić sprite.

Also, how bout a Montenegrin civ next? Vladika Njegoš as leader and the Montenegrin Slow Worker as unique unit(just like a normal worker, but with zero movement) ;)

boze...koj uzas...
CrnaGora nebi ni imala worker aka smo vec tamo...

Moderator Action: Please translate that so others can understand you.
Please read the forum rules: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=422889

cuz we need to write in english, here it is :) good work guys, but saddly i still haven't tried the mod (because of the extremely slow dial-up) so i'll let you know my impressions. БОГ ЧУВА СРБЕ
translation: god saves serbs :)

sorry about not translating...MY BAD!

Dobar ti je mod, svidjami si puno no ima nesto vrlo cudno u njemu. Ima jedna civilizacija svana "MINOR" sa Sid Mier ko Leaderhead. Uplasiomeje svinja debela! Na pocetka svakog turna me pita za nesto (vrlo je dosadan!). Sid Mier, ko vodja se zove "BARBARIAN" i njegovi gradovi su Barbarian gradovi- angle, bulgar, etc. Njegova sastava je crvena bela od engleske i musika je isto od engleske civilizacije. Jos nesto cudno- kad odem do foriegn advisor, vodja "BARBARIAN" ima sliku od Genghis Kahna...

~TRANSLATION~

Your mod is praiseworthy; I really like it. BUT, I have found something really weird while playing it. There is a civilization called "MINOR" with SidMier as a leaderhead (the one from the tutorial). Scared half to death the first time I saw it! Anyway, The game calls him "BARBARIAN" and his cities bear the name of barbarian cities in the game (ex. Angle, Bulgar, etc.). This phantom civilization bears the flag that the English civilization uses in the game and also borrows their music (which now annoys me more than anything because he requests something literally at the beginning of every turn). One more thing ; at the foriegn advisor, "BARABIAN" has the picture of Genghis Kahn...

There is an earlier reply about this civilization somewhere on this over posted thread...maybe if some people didn't use this thread for nationalist bickering, I would be able to relocate it.....

"BARABIAN" has the picture of Genghis Kahn...
Baraba nijedna :)

Ok, here it is definitly. Just unzip it to your Mods/Srbija/xml/civilizations/ folder.

Attachments

• CIV4CivilizationInfos.zip
    8.6 KB · Views: 208
Awsome thread !
I think it's gonna be even better if they'd make 3D animeted heads of Serbian rulers.

I totally agree that cities like Dubrovnik (Ragusa), and other from ancient Hum, Skadar should be put on Serbian list of cities. There are relevant hisotrical documents about them being once inside Serbian boarders, and most relevant is Byzantine Constantine Porfirogenitus's ''De administrando imperio''....

All the rest is just nationalist unfounded babbling based on politics affecting creation of newly formed states like Croatia, Bosnia, their policies, and same contemporary process in Kosovo.

However all that should be sorted in politics, NOT history or even less entertaining games of that genre.

player1 fanatic said:
I must say that this project is really outdated.
Any volunteers to port it to Warlords, or at least to final 1.61 Civ4 patch?

Well I'm not quite sure what you really meant but I'd gladly be a volunteer for lecturing Civilopedia on this project 'cause I've seen there were some complaints on that. By the way lecturing is a part of my professional engagement. :D
I don't know if most members of Serb-crew are still active perhaps they could likely confide me that part of task.

player1 fanatic said:
I must say that this project is really outdated.
Any volunteers to port it to Warlords, or at least to final 1.61 Civ4 patch?
I have no nerves or time right now to do anything. It would be nice to see a volounteer...

Chetnik said:
I totally agree that cities like Dubrovnik (Ragusa), and other from ancient Hum, Skadar should be put on Serbian list of cities. There are relevant hisotrical documents about them being once inside Serbian boarders, and most relevant is Byzantine Constantine Porfirogenitus's ''De administrando imperio''....

All the rest is just nationalist unfounded babbling based on politics affecting creation of newly formed states like Croatia, Bosnia, their policies, and same contemporary process in Kosovo.

However all that should be sorted in politics, NOT history or even less entertaining games of that genre.

I dont think that you guys should put Croatian/BiH Cities on the Serbian list of Citys. So far this is no modern mod ...

brate vidi ispravi i dodaj hajduku + 25% bonus u dzungli i sumama... ali i za napad i odbranu ako ima {naravno uz planine}

Thanx a lot!I just play your mod!it is amazing!Especially when i hear Mars na Drinu!NAPRED SRBIJO!!!

i101 said:
I dont think that you guys should put Croatian/BiH Cities on the Serbian list of Citys. So far this is no modern mod ...
Yea, else they'd be forced to remove the cities from Kosova and Montenegro, haha. At least this way they can still live in their ultranationalist brain child.

shumy7 said:
brate vidi ispravi i dodaj hajduku + 25% bonus u dzungli i sumama... ali i za napad i odbranu ako ima {naravno uz planine}

Translavtion:
Hey brother, you should add +25% in wood and jungle, but for both attack and defense.

I think that can only be added with Warlords expansion (attack bonus for terrain).

srdjann said:
Knin, Sarajevo, Banjaluka, Trebinje, Podgorica & Niksic were never part of any Serbian state.

jeli, a od kud Srbi tamo? Svi su osnovani od Srba! debilu 1!

realy, where from the Serbs came into those city's? All of them is founded by Serbs!

Top Bottom