Set of Anno Domini leaderheads - five animated and sixty still images

Rob (R8XFT)

Ancient Briton
Retired Moderator
Here's five animated leaderheads that I'll be using in the Civ IV version of Anno Domini. Unfortunately, due to RL issues, there's been a hold on the development of the mod, so I thought that in the meantime, I'd share with you the leaderheads I'd done. There's Amanishabheto of Nubia, who is basically Hashepsut with dark skin and a Nubian background; Argantonio of the Tartessians - he's a fair skinned Shaka with different clothing and a seafaring background; Calgacus of the Picts, a completely altered Julius Caesar; Hector, who is a reskinned Augustus, and Uther Pendragon - I've basically taken the "Evil Knight" that C. Roland did and gave him a new background and modified the clothing. The file is in winace format because that's the only one that I had that would get it less than 10MB! (WinRAR was just above). If you haven't got winace, then it can be downloaded for free at www.winace.com. Incidently, after many Civ III submissions, this is my first submission for Civ IV!!

Here are the animated leaderheads:

Here are the static leaderheads:

These are all in .jpg format at the moment and are all 378x512 pixels in size. If you wish to use them in the game, you'll need to convert them with the DXTbmp editor - just a case of loading them into it and saving them in DDS DXT3 format. You'll need to make yourself a leaderhead button as well. However, all the artwork is there and it should be relatively easy for you to put them in your mod. Whilst they've all been created with specific ancient/medieval leaders in mind, many are rather generic and will be suitable for other leaders of the same era.

woodelf said:
Great teaser!
Thanks, though it's not meant to be a teaser: due to RL issues, I can't work on the mod at the moment. In addition, my Civ IV thread hasn't really got people excited and I keep on getting pms about the Civ III version no longer being available, requesting a revamp....so I don't know whether to down tools on this project until we've had the patches through on Warlords and update the Civ III game.

Wyz_sub10 said:
I can't help noticing that the women in the still shots all have ginormous boobs.

+10 diplomacy, unless dealing with another ginormous boobed lady, then -10.

Edgecrusher said:
im still learning how to edit these things. My current obsticle is adding/removing objects like hats and such.

Use Nifskope to do that. Some objects are separate and can be copied (branch copy) to another NIF file. Others - like Stalin's hat - are connected to the whole and need to be removed some other way. Others have figured it out, but not me. :(

hey dont abandon A.D for civ4 I for one am really looking forward to it . soo pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeease dont abondon it

Oh I am like you Im not much of a legs man either . but Im thursty for some milk right now lol

R8XFT said:
Thanks, though it's not meant to be a teaser: due to RL issues, I can't work on the mod at the moment. In addition, my Civ IV thread hasn't really got people excited and I keep on getting pms about the Civ III version no longer being available, requesting a revamp....so I don't know whether to down tools on this project until we've had the patches through on Warlords and update the Civ III game.

Ick, I missed this the first time through. Definitely don't abandon this baby Rob. Take some time for RL, but don't shelve this one.

woodelf said:
Ick, I missed this the first time through. Definitely don't abandon this baby Rob. Take some time for RL, but don't shelve this one.
I'm getting far more requests to update the Civ III version and I am finding the Civ IV version tough-going. It shouldn't take me that long to do the update and in the meantime there might be some advances in modmaking for Civ IV that makes it better for me. I am in a quandry about it, but am looking down the Civ III route for a short time.

These leaderheads all look very good, R8XFT! However, I have a question. In your screenshots the two leaders, Argantonio and Calgacus look like their heads are squashed. Is this intentional or just a matter of bad pictures?

sepamu92 said:
These leaderheads all look very good, R8XFT! However, I have a question. In your screenshots the two leaders, Argantonio and Calgacus look like their heads are squashed. Is this intentional or just a matter of bad pictures?
They're intentional amendments to help make the leaderheads look different to the original ones.

Wyz_sub10 said:
Use Nifskope to do that. Some objects are separate and can be copied (branch copy) to another NIF file. Others - like Stalin's hat - are connected to the whole and need to be removed some other way. Others have figured it out, but not me. :(

Blender + NifViewer(or nif skope)

Check the tutorial in my signature.

hello,

i was definitivly missing your posts in the Civ4 Forum !!

It is amazing to see you now around the Civ4 Forum - i hope you will stick here, as nobody can avoid the change sooner or later.

In anyway, if I see it right then the still leaderhead are all 'still' leaderheads made from your animated leaderheads from CiVIII.

The point is that I watched your leaderheads from CivIII last time in october 2005 .. the ones that I have seen one year ago were amazingly ... but now they are breathtaking.... Ramses is ... simply outstanding

except .. that I really think that several of the Females would look better with smaller ones. Especially Nophretete, this Nubian Queen (1st in 2nd row) and the Greek Women (right next to Hector). Their faces are cute and thin and so smaller ones would simply fit them more .. but if i see my girlfriends during the last ten years I am also more of a 'legs'-man :)
The other ones can easily stay like this. Some African Mamas like the one in second row indead add a lot of flavour to the game.

Top Bottom