Set population size for first district to 10

robincox

Warlord
Hi all. Is there any way to set the threshold for building the first district to a population of 10?

The global parameter is
Code:
<Replace Name="DISTRICT_POPULATION_REQUIRED_PER" Value="3" />
Table <GlobalParameters>.

It's per district so you really can't adjust the required population for the 1st district without it also affecting all subsequent districts.

Districts themselves are merely true/false as to whether they require population requirements to be met.

Ok, thanks Lees. Then I have a follow up question. Is there anyway to make the government plaza to not be affected by poprequirements, like the aqueduct?

That looks like SQL code. Where shall I put it?
It is SQL. The easiest, without creating a new mod, would be to paste it into a existing SQL file from a mod (if it has one) you have downloaded. Otherwise, it wouldn't be too difficult to just create a new little mod for yourself.

It is SQL. The easiest, without creating a new mod, would be to paste it into a existing SQL file from a mod (if it has one) you have downloaded. Otherwise, it wouldn't be too difficult to just create a new little mod for yourself.

I put it in the SQL file "GamePlay" in the YnAMP mod (always play YnAMP) and it worked! Thanks Laurana.

Update... I added the following code in the same SQL document (see my previous comment) to set the city center as a district to be affected by poprequirements:

Code:
UPDATE Districts
SET    RequiresPopulation = 1
WHERE  DistrictType = 'DISTRICT_CITY_CENTER';

and then in GlobalParameters.xml

Code:
<Replace Name="DISTRICT_POPULATION_REQUIRED_PER" Value="10" />

. This fulfills what I wanted to achieve from the beginning. Now you can't build any district (city center and government plaza excluded) before a city has a population of 10. To the downside the city has to be pop 20 for the next district and 30 for the third etc. I will lower DISTRICT_POPULATION_REQUIRED_PER to 7 to get it more to my liking.

and then in GlobalParameters.xml

Code:
<Replace Name="DISTRICT_POPULATION_REQUIRED_PER" Value="10" />
Instead of altering the base game files, you could also paste this statement into the same SQL file:
Code:
UPDATE GlobalParameters
SET    Value = 10
WHERE  Name = 'DISTRICT_POPULATION_REQUIRED_PER';

Top Bottom