1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Setting a state religion to none

Discussion in 'Civ4 - SDK/Python' started by Dryhad, May 2, 2008.

1. Dryhad

Dryhad Prince

Ok, there's .setLastStateReligion to set a player's state religion to a given religion, but can it set it to "No State Religion"? If not, is there some other function that can? Thanks.

2. EmperorFool

EmperorFool Deity

I think you want

PHP:
    convert(ReligionType iReligion)
    To convert to No State Religion, use -1 for iReligion. This should have the same effect as using the Religion Advisor.

3. Dryhad

Dryhad Prince

Using the religion advisor causes anarchy, though. I don't want to do that. Is there a function that will just change the religion, without anarchy or anything?

4. EmperorFool

EmperorFool Deity

Strange, there is a setCivics() function that says is changes the civics without anarchy, but the similar method for religion is the one you mentioned: setLastStateReligion(). Just pass in -1 for iReligionID and try it out. I don't know why "Last" is in the name of the function, though. There isn't a setStateReligion() function like you'd expect.

5. tsentom1

tsentom1 Bubble Dragon

Also, any time something asks for say "RELIGION_ISLAM"

if you just write "NONE" instead of a religion it's no state religion