Setting Calendar

Le Sage

Emperor
Does anyone know how to set calendar pace on the maps and scenarios built in the World Builder? I can't find a simple option for that in the Scenario Creation options, but the calendar options are present in the xml though and seem to be working just like in Civ4 with many different ones (turns, seasons, months...).

It's no fun creating the Hundred Years' War when you end up in the year 2010 in ten turns and hundred years have gone in a couple.

You need to change xml.
In worldbuilder you can only set the starting date.

XML for me (monthly turns-I deleted the normal Marathon):

<GameSpeed_Turns>
<Delete GameSpeedType="GAMESPEED_MARATHON" />
<Row>
<GameSpeedType>GAMESPEED_MARATHON</GameSpeedType>
<MonthIncrement>1</MonthIncrement>
<!-- Number of months per turn -->
<TurnsPerIncrement>600</TurnsPerIncrement>
<!-- Number of turns using this increment -->
</Row>

Just don't forget to end the entire section when you are finished with it.
For some reason the turns don't say which month you are in... although the months are defined elsewhere in the XML. This has been an issue for several of us. I don't know if anyone has solved the problem yet.

Ah OK. Thank you kindly. I will try that.

I really hope they make a click-box for this in the future. In Civ4, I just easily edited the World Builder-file, but here's there is no way to just access it directly. For anyone working on alternative Wordl Builders, this might be something to think about!

Edit: I tried it out, and it works too. At least i can keep my game within the 1300's in this way, which will suffice for now. Thanks again.

Maps don't have access to that data. The only information maps hold that even relates to game speed is the start year. You still have to do the xml for a mod, because that's what a scenario is when you change the game speed settings.

Ah. Oh well. The change in the xml was easy enough though. I just made Zen Blade's MonthIncrement into 3, which makes four turns per year and indeed lets me simulate the seasons in Civ4.

Top Bottom