Setting Rally Points

Dusty909

Chieftain
I remember reading in one of the previews that it would be possible to set a rally point for new military uinits generated in a city... haven't figured out how to do this yet in the game though and was wondering if anyone else has been able to do it.

Same here. This is one feature I used a lot in Civ3. I haven't found a way to do it. I haven't seen a mention of it in the manual or the Civlopedia either (unless I'm blind and missed it). :confused:

Have you figured out how to set a unit to build constantly? I haven't figured that out either

Rally Point - the "tips" section of the 'pedia shows it to be ctl-leftclick (presumably on the city, or perhaps city "name tag")... but I can't get it to work either way. Any help?

Repeat Build - to repeat build simply alt-leftclick on the item to build, it will show up in the queue with an "*" in front of it's name.

Also - has anyone else found problems with build queues that contain only buildings? I build my queue, ctl-# (1-9), but when I press a number my queue switches to "worker" - which is strange since I'm playing as India... and can't build the worker (the fast worker is India's UU). Can anyone confirm this at their end? Thanks.

BTW - I am *loving* the various globe overlays and am using strategy lines and name tags to mark objectives and future city sites. Great!

Sorry... From the world map zoom out slowly... you'll see at a point the icons (ping / show tile / bare map / etc) change to layers ( strategy / units / religions / cultures / trade / resource ), you'll also notice that several "filters" appear on the left hand size of the screen. Simply awesome.

IMO the GUI is so much better then any other version of CIV. Admittedly it's till a bit rough (civilopeida anyone), but it's a huge step in the right direction.

Hope this helps.

nomikos said:
Also - has anyone else found problems with build queues that contain only buildings? I build my queue, ctl-# (1-9), but when I press a number my queue switches to "worker"
It's ALT+Number, not Control, isn't it?

Hmm... thats not what I'm seeing.

Alt-# seems to load a build list, just as pressing the # (alone) does.

So I can create a queue list of things to build; save it with ctl-#; then go to any other city and press # and get the list.

My issue is that the list strips out all of the buildings (leaving only the units).

If I create a list with only buildings and save it, with I load it my queue list is "worker" - which isn't even available to me (as India I get the "Fast Worker" instead).

Is this not what you're seeing when you try? Can anyone confirm that loading a queue list with buildings in it works for them?

Thanks!

Oh, I see... no, I haven't tried to save a build queue at all... I just happened to bring my Keyboard Hotsheet to work with me ... :D

re: build lists:

Drat... and now I answered you in the other thread.
Okay... I'll switch to that thread for the build-list discussion. It's much closer topic/subject-wise.

If anyone's interested the link is http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=133674

re: rally points

click on the "city tag" (it should glow with a white border). now shift right_click where you want units built to move to.

If you find that you're ordering units instead, you may want to move all your units, then try it. :)

Ok, so we know how to set rally points... it's time to find out how to REMOVE them. I've set a rally point for all my cities, but I don't want it any more. How to cancel it (not just set a new one)?

'The' city? I have 25 cities with the same rally point, I'm sure I shouldn't have to go to each and every one of them and set individual rally points to the cities themselves?

Top Bottom