1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Settle Scandinavia and the Archipel 1570AD

Discussion in 'Civ2 - Game of Democracy II' started by Zwelgje, Jan 11, 2003.

?

Do you agree with the settle plans posted below?

1. Yes

6 vote(s)
    85.7%
  2. No

1 vote(s)
    14.3%
  1. Zwelgje

Zwelgje Deity

Gary mentioned a few extremely nice sites on Scandinavian soil to build new cities on. I agree that we should settle them and hereby would like to ask everybody if they agree yes or no.
    At the moment I feel that these sites are not in danger of being settled by other nations and I think that Scandinavian cities should build the engineers to settle these sites (of course after finishing their temples first!)

Here's the image of the sites:

Other nice sites to build cities on are located on the archipel east of NUF and Scandinavia. These islands are also fairly close to Persia and I think the settlement of these islands should have priority to prevent the Persians of building colonies there. These islands belong to us! (well actually so does the entire planet but that's an entire different story... ;) )
    I've made a city-plan for these islands and would like to ask if you agree with the plan.

Here's the image of the archipel sites:

I would like to hear your opinion on both these plans.
    For convenience I will make a poll in which you can say if you like the plans yes or no. In the rest of this thread you can motivate your decision and come up with new plans! :)

2. GaryNemo

GaryNemo Settler from None

Thank you, Civ1!

Hladir with its Granary, Corruption, and excess size is an Engineer factory. The Engineer 39/40 can move E SE Road, S Road, then E and build the S2. S2 starts a Dip guard. This city can immediately take support of a captured Musket, if we can get one across from Kaupang. Somehow, I'm sure.
    Perhaps someone else prefers S1 first, because it's closer to the Spanish...

Regarding A2, the other possibility is the Forest Island, which gets a Whale as well as the A2 Grass Site. A3 is surely tempting -- I think I prefer it to the Pheasant. Settle soon, eh?

3. Octavian X

Octavian X is not a pipe.

Excellent plan, Civ1.

Let's fill out Scandinavia first, then send our enginners to the islands.

4. funxus

funxus Orange Cycloptic Blob

:goodjob:
    I think we should use local cities when expanding on islands we've allready settled on, like Scandinavia, Prague and Capricomium, and send engineers to land we have not claimed yet (maybe Persia?):)

5. Zwelgje

Zwelgje Deity

I agree with funxus that it's wise to let Scandinavia pop out some engineers and let the cities there fill in the gaps on their continent. Also Capricornium and Prague-island could produce their own settlers. The Capricornium settler can road until the A3 site and then settle, by that time Capricornium should be able to end the settler it's building now pretty fast.
    If we wish we can even settle on the two shielded grassland sites now left open on Capricornium island and Prague island. That's something for the future though. :)
    Other settlers should be send to Persia and settle those pretty lands over there.

6. Mr Spice

Mr Spice Emperor

I agree with everything in the plan exept A2, which I would like to move to the forest-island (after irrigating to plains) since I like whales more than fish. And I'd also like to suggest that S2 is named Birka, after all that was the name of the largest and most important Viking city in mainland Scandinavia in real history. And if we have liberated the land of my ancestors, then it would be nice to show them some tribute of honor. :)

7. Zwelgje

Zwelgje Deity

I think there are quite a few people prefering A2 to be placed on the forrest island in stead of the grassland shiel island. I see the point of that, the grassland shield will provide lots of food and together with the whale the city will have 4 shields produced (irrigate the forrest before settling) together with lots of food. Is a poll needed on this one or will we just say it is decided now that A2 will be placed on the forrest island after irrigating it to plains?

Birka? Why not! :)