Settlement Emphasis

OnmyojiOmn

Prince
I really want to like this game, but the insane micromanagement catches up to me every time I play it. I'd like to use the emphasize options, but they don't seem to work well. For example, if I have a size 1 settlement building a dock, I should be able to emphasize hammers and have that one colonist automatically switch between logging and production every turn. Doesn't seem to work that way.

Has anyone used this feature much?

The game plays pretty quick the way it is. Letting production get too automated just makes it go by crazy quickly. Usually I'll add people with a simple "B" but then every 10 minutes or so I go through each city and manually assign and lock them down to the roles I want them to be in. Especially right away. I hate it that my first guy always wants to do lumber, I change him to something I can sell asap.

I should be able to emphasize hammers and have that one colonist automatically switch between logging and production every turn.

Switching like that with just one colonist is probably not part of the game routine, but if you try it with 2 colonists it should put one on wood production and one as a carpenter. And it could be that the AI will only switch to hammer production if there is enough raw material being produced or in stock, ie only start hammer production if wood stock => 50 or stock is 0 but wood production => hammer production.

Top Bottom