settler inflation

Damus Maximus

Chieftain
Hmmm, it appears settlers have undergone a slight price rise recently!!

I'm assuming this is related to one of my active mods completely losing the plot, and not another one of
firaxis attempts to make civ completely unplayable?????

Although, you know what they say about making assumptions, I also had to have a city population of 5 before creating a settler became available.

http://prntscr.com/gz2ylw

Anyone else come across this???

I'm tempted to blame it on Brexit!!

Yeah, that's probably a mod. The game hasn't had a patch since July, at least, though a new one is likely to come this week.

Depends on what you mean recent. The last patch causes settlers to increase in price more rapidly per settler built.

The best solution, is of course, to simply capture AI cities and settlers, so your later cities can be founded with cheaper settlers using the +50% settler card.

It's pretty stupid.

Of course, if you're using mods that weren't updated for the latest patch, it's very likely the game is broken.

Depends on what you mean recent. The last patch causes settlers to increase in price more rapidly per settler built.

The best solution, is of course, to simply capture AI cities and settlers, so your later cities can be founded with cheaper settlers using the +50% settler card.

It's pretty stupid.

Of course, if you're using mods that weren't updated for the latest patch, it's very likely the game is broken.

Note the screenshot he linked to. Base settler cost is 400 according to the tooltip.

Yea probably a broken mod that won't play nice with the most recent version of the game.

Although I sorta addressed both issues before, so whatever.

well, I cant find the source of the problem, l started new game with all mods disabled and settler still requires city population of 5 and has a base production cost of 400, (sigh)

don't suppose one of you kind, generous souls could do me a favour and provide a step by step guide on how to change this back through game files??
its all I can think of.

it would be much appreciated.

Cheers

All I can recommend is that you do the following:

Before launching the game, manually delete all of that mod's content and all references to the mods:

1. Go to Steam and unsubscribe from all mods.

2. Go to [Path]\My Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization VI\Mods and delete all files there.

3. Go one folder up (should be something like [Path]\My Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization VI) and delete "Mods.sqlite"

4. Go to your Steam Library, right click Civ VI, choose Properties, Local Files and then Verify Integrity.

At this point, the game should no longer recall any mods that you had and any game files that might have been modified by an ill-behaved mod should be restored to their original, unmodified form.

Something that's in dire need of rebalancing. Finding a couple of barb-captured settlers early in the game is like dropping a difficulty level.

Something that's in dire need of rebalancing. Finding a couple of barb-captured settlers early in the game is like dropping a difficulty level.
I once captured three within 10 turns with a scout on a foreign continent. My thoughts were "this is fun" and " this is stupid".

About settler production cost inflation, well, generally speaking I dislike it that peaceful expansion - my favorite - is so much worse than capturing cities in this game.

Sigh. :D You succeed again in making me curious.
I used to think: "Easy workaround, simply don't touch those settlers ..."
But giving them away after 'settling them suitably' ... whow! (the nice and overpowering scent of mastery fills the air) ...

Could you please controvert with which intention you choose the location and to whom you give the cities?

edit: (Oh no, I remember right now your NorthPole cities ... Please say, that you also make strong cities in order to help the poor AI-civs ... does nobody feel commiseration for them?)

Last edited:
Lol, yeah it all depends as you say.

It's easy to settle one of their cities near you for a trade route than going to another continent
It's easy to get rid of the -18 you own my cities with one.
You can also give them a nice strong one if you feel flippant enough

Top Bottom