Settler Maps/War Maps

steampunk1880

Prince
Been going through the settler and war maps provided under Reference, and playing the game through again and again to see what happens and here's a few things I'd like to see change.

1. The Atlantic isles: the Azores and Canaries are never settled, neither is Iceland. The settler maps should be changed to increase the inclination for settlement.
2.For the Mediterranean, Genoa recently actually started settling on Corsica but Sardinia is still ignored for the entire game unless you plop a settler down in world builder. Don't know what to say there. Sicily and south Italy tend to remain empty all game even in the event that Spain becomes a superpower. And what of all the other Mediterranean islands?
3. There's all this space wasted in North Africa where nobody will fight or settle, in particular, what's the point of that area to the extreme southwest with the fertile land and resources. I assume it was meant for Portugal but they are barely inclined to settle anywhere in Africa, despite their UHV.
4. The alternate names are in, why do the Franks not have a war map that includes Pampelune, Barcelone, and Valence?

(speaking of name changes, as a crusader state Sour should probably become Acre or Tripoli and while Denmark/Norway has the potential to be chosen to lead a crusade, it doesn't change it to Jerusalem.)

I guess that's all for now.

i cant help you with most of them but i should tell you that in my Spain game Genoa settled Corsica and Sardinia which kind of pissed me off since i wanted Sardinia :)

In my current game, Genoa settled Corsica and Sardinia. Arabia also has Crete and Cyprus (though they may not have settled them). Sicily and southern Italy are still unclaimed, as are the Mid-Atlantic islands, but my game's still a bit early for me to say they'd never be settled.

Top Bottom