Settlers' Voyage

mrbisonm

Chieftain
I was wondering, is there a way to make settlers travel from one city to another if both have airports? I cannot seem to do this.
If not, didn't someone make a Modfile to be able to do so? It would only be logical, right?
Thanks for the info

Fred

I was wondering, is there a way to make settlers travel from one city to another if both have airports? I cannot seem to do this.
If not, didn't someone make a Modfile to be able to do so? It would only be logical, right?
Thanks for the info

Fred

The settler doesnt have airlift ability. Give it that, and you can. I assume it was done for balancing purposes so you couldnt use a captured worker from an enemy city, and then make an airfield for tons of settlers to settle the ruins of a civilization.

Another way could be to create a transport aircraft (z. B. Skymaster or Airbus) and give it the abilty to ferry units from one city to another without paradrop.

Please note, that the KI will still use paradrop if you marked them as air transport even with that command button disabled (using Quintillus or Stephs editors)!

I found out this the hard way, then a KI player dropped some tanks at my doorsteps... :eek:

Thanks for the response to my curiosity. Maybe there was indeed a logical reason why airlifting and transporting settlers and workers to far away places too easily.
Much appreciated.
Greetings from Quebec

Fred

Airport... what is that????

Alright, I'm joking. But, I don't recall building an airport... well in any game I've played except maybe when I first learned the game.

Top Bottom