1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Settling a city at Site Red

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Demo Game: Citizens' started by ice2k4, Aug 5, 2006.

1. ice2k4

ice2k4 Chieftain

Well, it's a few hours before the turnchat and I have jsut gained internet access. Last term we polled for where to settle a city and the poll was validated. I am not here to argue wether said binding decision carries over into this term.

I am here to ask if the citizens want to settle this turnchat. We polled in Term 6 I believe wether to settle or not. We agreed to found a new city. In Term 7 we polled again where to settle. We never however polled when to settle.

Let's look this over. It will cost us -8 gold a turn to support this new city (right now.) We are 30% science rate and -1 gold a turn. do we really want to be losing 9 gold a turn? So do we want to settle this city just yet?

And if we do want to settle this city this turnchat, should I be lowering the science rate to 20% to save us a little money???

Nothing here will be polled as it does not need to be. However, I do want to hear the citizens opinion in my final hours of decision. If you havent realized I need opinions fast.

2. GeorgeOP

GeorgeOP RF Bleachers

Red Dot is already settled. With the new city, we are at 30% and at -1 gpt.

3. DaveShack

DaveShack Inventor Retired Moderator

My opinion is that now is definitely not the time to be settling another city. With -45gpt already going to city maintenance, our biggest problem is recovering from past economic mistakes. An amoral leader might even suggest sacrificing our least important city to improve the economy. That idea is too repugnant for my taste. It is an emergency situation, and we need to do everything in our power other than reducing the number of cities.

4. ice2k4

ice2k4 Chieftain

Wow this is embarassing. Was on vacation so I didnt check the save, but could of sworn I heard nothing about settlement (guess I never thought of it since a naming poll hasnt came up in the last 2 weeks)

5. GeorgeOP

GeorgeOP RF Bleachers

We did decide to settle here, but your were right that we never actually voted on when. Not anyone's fault.