1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Setup a dummy city to gain massive Antiwarmonger bonus

Discussion in 'Strategy Section' started by Stalker0, Dec 2, 2019.

1. Stalker0

Stalker0 Baller Magnus

I was curious if anyone has tried this idea and how effective was it.

The basic idea, you forward settle a crap undefended city. The AI immediately takes it, which generates a large anti-warmonger bonus for you. You now use this for the course of your entire war to kill lots of AI units and ultimately take his key cities.

Never tried it myself, I was curious if it would actually work for a human to do.

CrazyG likes this.
  2. MarvelOfRain

MarvelOfRain Chieftain

Problem is that you cannot raze it so it will be annoying enemy city in middle of your empire or you will have to deal with random 1 pop city. It will also probably make the war score horrible.

Not to mention: 1) you need to have a viable location and 2) be planning to kill just that one player since going for domination victory will make a huge warmonger no matter what.

3. Gazebo

Gazebo Lord of the Community Patch Supporter

Warmonger gained for capturing the same city over and over goes down dramatically after the first capture.

G

4. CrazyG

CrazyG Deity

This is certainly a creative idea, and it might be worthwhile in some situations. The first problem is that expanding too quickly can earn a negative diplomatic modifier with the AI, or other modifiers for taking their land. It could easily outweigh your gains.