Seven Cities of Gold - a Barbarian Adventure

800 BC: Corruption in C.4! Citizens demand TEMPLE! Well, guys, I can't build you a Temple. We're BARBARIANS. Get over it.

720 BC: I found E.2 in Scandinavia to host the fleet for the English Invasion.

660 BC: Karakorum emits a Settler to the northeast. I open the cordon to let it go wherever it wants, but next turn the Settler starts building a road.

600 BC: The Mongol Settler heads southeast. The cordon closes in around Karakorum. Every so often a Militia appears and has to be killed.

500 BC: Mongols found Bokhara and their time is almost up.

460 BC: After the usual carnage, the two Militia defending Karakorum are destroyed - and the city with them. My surviving units start moving towards E.2.

440 BC: A Leader reaches Bohkara and the city becomes E.3. The Mongols are down. Only London stands between me and a conquest victory - although when England goes down, it's likely that Greece will spawn. But that will be the last. If I'm very lucky I might get a unit into Athens before it can build a defensive unit.

England however is proving to be a thorough nuisance. It's completely turtled on its island, showing no inclination to discover Mapmaking. It's built Barracks, Granary, Marketplace and City Walls. It is already garrisoned by two ordinary Phalanxes and a Militia but now it's building a Veteran Militia. Veteran units behind City Walls will make London very expensive for Barbarians to capture, even though I am slowly replacing my 4.5 AV Legions with 6 AV Chariots.

1 AD: No progress. Yawn.

Good thinking. Yup, that would work. I never thought of killing off the defenders in both cities before invading - the Leader strategy works so well for me. Of course, you still need two cities to work with. The wretched English went for Iron Working instead of Mapmaking in my game, so I'm still waiting for them to build city #2 ...

1 AD: No progress. Yawn.

I wouldn't bother waiting mate lol. Like I said, in my earth game they actually HAD mapmaking and I fixed up their land for them yet by 2079AD when my spaceship landed they had still never built one boat. I suggest you use a map editor to 'corner link' up France to UK (funnily enough scale wise that's probably more realistic anyway), it's the only way you'll get closure on your epic game haha.

Meanwhile I just finished my barb game. Killed everyone, and their respawns, got the full ending sequence saying Attila, was awesome! Posted screens here:
https://forums.civfanatics.com/threads/playing-as-barbarians-in-civilization-1.632894/#post-15159436

Will do a video soon too!

The mistake was having England as a starting Civ. It would be easier just to create an English Settler on the mainland, or (less certain) give them a Trireme with a Settler and Militia on board.

However, as mentioned, when playing these toy games just for my own amusement, I do have my own set of rules I abide by, otherwise why bother? So I used JCiveEd to set up the initial scenario, then my own tool as required to give myself 30,000 coins and my cities Granaries and Barracks, to fix game-crippling stuff like the Disorder bug, to keep an eye on what the AI was up to, and to do exotic things like build the spaceship or attack Delhi with 71 Tanks; but otherwise I took it all as it came. That's why I was so gleeful whenever I captured a city building Phalanxes or Settlers or Chariots - it was a legitimate way to get units that otherwise would not be available to me. But generally I won't intervene to do things for the AI that it should do for itself. So I besieged Karakorum and waited till the Mongols made their own Settler before closing them down. Same for the English. I've shelved the game again for now; I chewed all the juice from it and it's time to find a new scenario to play.

Oh I understand mate, I pretty much never ever cheat in games unless there's a game ending bug, that's my rule or line in the sand (otherwise it takes all the fun/challenge away). Because playing as barbarians to so buggy (because of course it was never intended) and I needed my game to be faster than your epic game I was willing to cheat a bit more than usual (eg changing build queues).

I would class England not leaving England as a game ending bug which is why I suggested 'crossing the line' to solve this one. You're right in that chucking settler in France is easier then changing the map. Or maybe give them 1 boat and see what they do with it hahaha.

ironclads and battleships so barbs take all coust citys from there it just to use fighter and bomber so city zice dont dropp :)

ironclads and battleships so barbs take all coust citys from there it just to use fighter and bomber so city zice dont dropp :)

Nah that's not the problem. The problem is England has 1 city and refuses to to leave its tiny continent and make more. A Civ's last and only city is invulnerable to Barbarians. So you could throw a MILLION ironclads, battleships, fighters and bombers at that city and they would ALL die. If the English make a second city somewhere then the invulnerability is turned off and he can kill the city along with the new one. However because the English won't build a boat and leave to make new cities on other lands the game is stuck indefinitely. The only way for @Autumn Leaf to win his epic game is to break his no cheating rule and either cheat in a English settler on another land mass, or cheat in a boat and see what England does with it, or cheat in a land bridge between England and France.

Top Bottom