Several Unrelated Questions

Arithmion

Warlord
Sorry if this is considered spam, these seemed to involved for the "quick questions" thread.

1. If I wanted to post an elimination thread, is there a person to ask? Or do I just do it? I know we tend to do one at a time here, which I understand, I just wanted to see, as I had an idea or two to submit.

2. Same as above, but for GOTM. Can I submit a turn one save of a game that I found played out interestingly? And if so, to whom?

3. Does the Mapuche golden age bonus apply to heroic ages as well?

4. A question about the chop meta. If I come across a luxury with a removable feature on it, like a forested wine luxury, or perhaps a rice on top of a marsh, is it generally a better idea to chop the forest/marsh, or leave it for the additional yield on the tile?

If the answer to the first two is something like "you're allowed, but prove yourself in the community first," I totally get it. And thanks in advance all! You're such a friendly community! :)

Sorry if this is considered spam, these seemed to involved for the "quick questions" thread.
Probably should have posted in quick questions.

1. If I wanted to post an elimination thread, is there a person to ask? Or do I just do it? I know we tend to do one at a time here, which I understand, I just wanted to see, as I had an idea or two to submit.
We only allow one elimination game thread at a time because they were once overrunning the forum. Browd usually handles the elimination threads and you must get his permission to start one. You can go to his profile and, under the information tab, can click on "Start a conversation" and give him your idea.

2. Same as above, but for GOTM. Can I submit a turn one save of a game that I found played out interestingly? And if so, to whom?
I am responsible for the Civ6 Game of the Month. You may also contact me by conversation and we can discuss your idea. You probably should have asked this in the Civ6 Game of the Month forum.

I'll let others answer your other two questions as they know more than I do. :)

One clarification on the elimination game question: we allow one current elimination game thread in the General Discussions forum, focused on existing game elements, and one thread in the Ideas & Suggestions forum, focused on, as you might expect, things that are not in the game, but might be (examples are civs or leaders or unique units, etc. that might be good candidates for future inclusion).

Right now we have a game going in General Discussions.

Thanks @leif erikson amd @Browd , much appreciated. (As an aside, I meant "too" involved for quick Q&A, not "to," and I actually did ask question #3 there, with no response.) I appreciate the quick responses to the first couple of questions, and I'd also like to thank you both for all of the hard work you do for free (especially responding to knuckleheads like me :hammer2:). It's appreciated. :thanx:

Going to necropost (just this once) with another question, this one perhaps a bit more involved.

In the screenshot below, Dido is asking me to make peace, and she is offering me an economic alliance, but I am not offering her one. What does this mean? My trade routes to her provide more gold, but not the other way around? This is the only time I have seen this happen, and I'd love an explanation.

Spoiler :
Screenshot (15).png

Going to necropost (just this once) with another question, this one perhaps a bit more involved.

In the screenshot below, Dido is asking me to make peace, and she is offering me an economic alliance, but I am not offering her one. What does this mean? My trade routes to her provide more gold, but not the other way around? This is the only time I have seen this happen, and I'd love an explanation.

Wow...I've never seen an alliance offer in a trade window !

I really didn't think this could actually happen, since an alliance depends on you having a 'friendship' relationship with the civ, which you certainly DON'T have if you receive a Peace (AT WAR) offer !!!

Are you sure this is not from a MOD ?

FYI, An alliance always goes both ways ! Always !

I'm thinking it's either a graphical glitch or a mod conflict. The "Economic Alliance" is on the same icon as "Tyre, cede"

Definitely no mods. Gathering storm. Must just be a graphical glitch, thanks for pointing out that it's on the city cede thing. I'd still love to hear anybody's opinion on the "chop or not" with luxury or strategic resource mines.

Top Bottom