1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

SevoMod 3

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Modpacks' started by Sevo, Apr 16, 2006.

1. Snerk

Snerk Smeghead

Im still downloading... just one minute to go!!

2. Pilotis

Pilotis Prince

Downloading now........(Let's see....Will definitely need repair to Teddy Bear's left ear after all this......)

3. Blazer6

Blazer6 King

I got the download error (from yesterday) five minutes ago, but a second click on the link allowed me to get on a long waiting list. I hope it lets me in this time.
    I'll give it an hour.

4. druade

druade Chieftain

jupla
    not conquering with armoured divisions; isnt that kinda weird?
    did patton not conquer half germany with his armoured division (im not for sure, but heard of such things). and how did they supress riots in the 1800's : with policemen with sabres on horses (=cavalry). no?

5. Pilotis

Pilotis Prince

So we can capture cities with the above ? Yes ?

6. Toys®Us

Toys®Us Warlord

Nice work Sevo.
    I found some errors in the Civilopedia. I did the search for you:

Units
    1- Babylonian Bowman
    2- Ethiopian Archer

Wonders
    1- Forbidden Palace
    2- The Three Gorges Dam

Civilizations
    1- Minor Nation
    2- Nguni Empire

Leaders
    1- Maria Theresia

I'm not very good to repair XML or Python files.
    I tried to replace the line TXT_KEY_UNIT_BABYLONIANS_BABYLONIANBOWNMAN_PEDIA with TXT_KEY_UNIT_BABYLONIANS_BABYLONIANBOWMAN_PEDIA, but after, I cannot load the MOD correctly.

Maybe there's a mistake in the file GameTextInfos_Civ_Babylon.xml

At the beginning, I see:
    <!-- Mit XMLSpy v2006 sp2 U bearbeitet (http://www.altova.com) von TT (TT) -->

I'm confused a lot.
    :confused:

Thank you

7. keldath

keldath LivE LonG AnD PrOsPeR

allright!!!!

im starting to modify mf2nd uu mod for this verion!!!!! be ready for it!

8. Pilotis

Pilotis Prince

I got an error in the startup. One of the gamespeeds came up with the txt_key rather than the txt. Sorry I don't have detail - too fast with mouse clicks and desperate to play. My first campaign will be called 'The War of teddy's Ear'. Modplays great so far !!!

9. simkodavid

simkodavid Warlord

Keldath

Waiting just for you. I'm sooo ready for it!

10. ravenone

ravenone Warlord

Not allowing armoured or mounted units to capture cities is very unrealistic. If you really want that it should be an option, but not an always on thing.

Just look at history. Also, explain to me why a legion of calvary can't take a city? If you want to think about it, can't they just step down off their horses or out of their tanks etc.???

Such great job on everything else, I would hate to have this infantry only capture ruin it all. :(

11. Sobsob

Sobsob Warlord

I have to say I don't like this cavarly and armour unit change to taking citys although Sevo is a king :king: to me with his awesome mod and if he feels it is best I will try it.

12. Sobsob

Sobsob Warlord

Sevo would you mind telling me what this is please? Upgraded to 12-Monkey's incredible Plot List Enhancement 2.9!

13. Guillaume

Guillaume Chieftain

Thank you SEVO!!!!Thank you SEVO!!!!Thank you SEVO!!!!Thank you SEVO!!!!Thank you SEVO!!!!Thank you SEVO!!!!Thank you SEVO!!!!Thank you SEVO!!!!Thank you SEVO!!!!Thank you SEVO!!!!Thank you SEVO!!!!Thank you SEVO!!!!Thank you SEVO!!!!Thank you SEVO!!!!Thank you SEVO!!!!Thank you SEVO!!!!Thank you SEVO!!!!Thank you SEVO!!!!Thank you SEVO!!!!Thank you SEVO!!!!

14. James009

James009 Warlord

Realistically a tank cannot take a village. Only infantry would be able to secure all the buildings. Tanks are more of a support unit to infantry. Don't get me wrong, they kick ass in RL and such, but the tank crew isnt going to just get out and invade the city capital. This raises the importance of infantry to a more realistic setting.

Infantry has always been the bulk of a fighting force and I'm glad to see that Sevo understands their importance.

Patton probably had a few infantry divisions with him in WW2. Wasn't he working with Ike's forces anyways?

Now we just have to fix the navy and artillary aspects of the game.

It wouldn't hurt if Sevo could raise the maintenance of future units like tanks, aircraft, and naval vessals to prevent swarms of them.

I love your mod Sevo!

15. alancsilver

alancsilver Warlord

16. ravenone

ravenone Warlord

Differing views is why I say make it an option or just tell us how to disable it.

I personally think if you give me a Battalion of 80 tanks I could easily hold your village or even small town/city. :crazyeye:

Just like everything else in this game, we can come up with situations or examples where things could go different than the way the rules or setup right now (i.e. warrior killing off a Modern Armor or Caraval beating a Destroyer).

But, do we change the rules to make it so Warrors have zero chance against tanks? No. We give them very small odds because in reality there is a small chance they could defeat a wounded tank, etc..

So, again back to the whole only infantry can take a city seems like a bad solution to a few peoples view about how to hold a city. (don't forget you still have unrest until time passes and the city people become complacent).

Give me my tanks and you pick a village or town. Then lets see how things end up. :king:

17. alancsilver

alancsilver Warlord

I definitely agree with this view. I would like this to be an option.

al

18. Xanikk999

Xanikk999 History junkie

Agreed also. I think its rather silly that mounted units cant capture cities either.

I mean if they wanted to control the area they could just dismount thier horses.

And for gameplay balance it makes no sense that tanks and mounted units cant capture cities.

19. Brave Sir Robin

Brave Sir Robin he bravely ran away

can someone please tell me what the new buttons do?
    the new icon just above the old ?
    thanks

20. Brave Sir Robin

Brave Sir Robin he bravely ran away

the error is with the fx endurance speed key