SevoMod 3

After installing 1.61 patch, there is no Text in the Main Mmenu. Any help what im missing or any other issue with 1.61 patch

I don't really feel we should get too hung up on what is realistic and what is not it's more a case of what makes it a better game or not.If we carry on down this vein we will have farmers posting that it's not realistic for there to be only 1 source of pigs in the world ect.Or that researching the wheel makes sense lets be honest nobody researched the wheel somebody just had a eureka moment and thought of it.if it was realistic great people would spawn at random and not at set rates but these features make it a fun game to play.If you are named Sid,Soren or Sevo and can say I created a great game/mod then I will give your views huge respect.

One last thing Sevo I work in a chipboard factory and find it wholly unrealistic that in your mod factories make the same amount of hammers each turn blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah:crazyeye: :crazyeye: :crazyeye:

Sevo:

For what it's worth, my download is working like a charm thus far. A thousand thank yous for all your dedication and hard work.

I do have a minor question, however, if you (or anyone else out there) have a moment. At the top of the bottom of the screen, above the "worker action icons", are a string of smaller icons that I've never seen before. The first four look like brail; then there is a red cross and a green cross; then there's a house, an airplane, and a tank; etc.

Can anybody out there clue me in as to what these symbols are and how I can use them?

Hi Sevo,

I had this bug just before. I abandoned a game I was playing as I was bored with it. Started a new game on a different map.
In this picture I have my scout selected but there is no picture of him in the bottom lefthand corner, no order buttons in the bottom middle box, no gold or science slider in the top left corner, and there is no science bar at the top.

And this is my city screen: which as you can see shows virtually nothing.

I abandoned this game, started a new game... different nation, different map size and type... and got the same thing again. I quit to windows, reloaded Sevomod and suddenly everything was back to normal again :crazyeye:

Could you please give us a teutotial on what the new order buttons do?

Yarmoss said:
Hi Sevo,

I had this bug just before. I abandoned a game I was playing as I was bored with it. Started a new game on a different map.
In this picture I have my scout selected but there is no picture of him in the bottom lefthand corner, no order buttons in the bottom middle box, no gold or science slider in the top left corner, and there is no science bar at the top.

And this is my city screen: which as you can see shows virtually nothing.

I abandoned this game, started a new game... different nation, different map size and type... and got the same thing again. I quit to windows, reloaded Sevomod and suddenly everything was back to normal again :crazyeye:

Hum. This LOOKS like the prob many of us had with 1.61 when we had old mods (from 1.52 or older) left in our custom assets folder. Have you tried deleting your custom assets folder (or renaming it if you just don't want to throw away old treasures) ???

Because this is such a fantastic addition I've cut and paste from 12Monkeys thread.

Sevo - if there's a better way of doing this please go ahead - I don't want to clutter your space. Anyway - for now herewith:

==================================================
Name : Plot List Enhancements
Version : v2.03
Date : 14.04.2006
Author : 12monkeys (@civfanatics + @apolyton)
==================================================

============
Motivation :
============
The motivation for this mod was born when I tried to fiddle a unit stack with a large number of units. It was a frustrating experience, due to the strange behavior of the plot list and some bothering bugs in Civ4. So I started to create this mod here. It is a more or less complete reprogrammed plot list with a bunch of new features. Not all of the features may be used at one time, but I think everybody will find something hes looking for.
It is based on the previous version of the Plot List Enhancement although is has been reworked completely. There is not muched left except some graphics.

============
Features :
============
The features are devided into the following chapters :
1.) Enhanced unit buttons in the plot list
2.) Mouse over info pane of the unit buttons in the plot list
3.) Unit/group selection in the plot list
4.) Plot list display modes
5.) Plot list unit filters
6.) Plot list grouping modes
7.) Plot list uprade View
8.) Plot list promotion View
9.) Move highlighter
10.) Configuration

Here are the details to those chapters:

------------
1.) Enhanced unit buttons in the plot list
------------

Each unit button provides you now with some additional information. This makes it easier to determine what status a single unit has, without selecting it first. Following information is implemented :

a.) Health Indicator :
the colored spot in the upper left corner is displayed in a darker color, as soon as the unit is wounded. This feature can be switched off in the ini-file.

b.) Health Bar :
At the top of each unit button, a vertical stacked bar is displayed. This stacked bar indicates the remaining health points of the unit in percent. The colors of that bar can be configured in the ini-file, as well as the display itself. The default colors are green and red.

c.) Move Bar :
At the top of each unit button, below the health bar, another vertical stacked bar is displayed. This indicates the remaining movement points of the unit in percent. The colors of that bar can be configured in the ini-file, as well as the display itself. The default colors are blue and yellow.

d.) Mission Indicator :
in the lower right corner, the units actual mission is disaplyed. The following mission types are indicated :
FORT (blue) -> unit is fortified
PAT (light blue) -> unit is at air patrol
GOTO (light green) -> unit has a goto command.
EXP (dark green) -> unit is at exploring mission
HEAL (light red) -> unit is in healing mode
SEN (yellow) -> unit is in sentry mode
SKIP (light gray) -> unit is skipped in current turn
AUT-B (orange) -> worker is automized
AUT-C (orange) -> worker is automized for a city
AUT-N (orange) -> worker is automized for building a trade network
The display of this mission indicator can be switched off by ini file.

e.) Promotion Indicator :
A unit which can be promoted, is displayed with a light blue frame in the plot list. This indicator can be switched on/off in the ini file.

f.) Upgrade Indicator :
A unit which can be upgraded to any other unit, will get a small orange up-arrow in the lower left corner of its unit button. The arrow is displayed regardless if you have the money for the upgrade or not. This indicator can be switched on/off in the ini file.

------------
2.) Mouse over info pane of the unit buttons in the plot list
------------

When you move the mouse over any unit button in the plot list, an info pane is displayed on the left side of the screen. This Info pane has been been modified in the following places :

a.) Remaining movement points :
The remaining movement points of the unit are displayed as a floating value with 1 decimal

b.) Strength + Turns-To-Heal
The current unit strenght is displayed as a floating value with 1 decimal. In case the unit is wounded a third value is displayed in brackets. This number indicates the number of rounds the units need to heal completly under the current circumstances. This circumstances takes consideration of city building (like hospital), the unit's promotion (Medic, or any other promotion with self heal abailites) the promotions of units on the same or adjacent tiles, the territory the unit is on.

c.) Specialties
The special abilites a unit gains due to a promotion are displayed in a different color than the specials it gains due to its unit type. The color can be modified in the ini file, the default color is light gray.

d.) Experiance
The unit's experience points are displayed in the following format : <curr-exp>/<needed-exp>. Where <curr-exp> is the units current experience points and <needed-exp> is the units needed experience points to get the next higher level. Both values are only displayed if the unit has an experience value > 0.

e.) Level
The unit's level is displayed in the following format. : <curr-lev>/<possible-lev>. Where <curr-lev> is the unit's actual level and <possible-lev> is the level the unit could have due to its expereience points. In other words : the first value shows the number of promotions the unit already has, the second value shows the number of promotion the unit could have. Both values are displayed, as soon as one of the values is > 0.

Because this info pane has to be reprogrammed completely new, the layout differs slighly from the built-in one. There may also be soe differences in the infromation I haven't documented herer. If so, please contact me.

------------
3.) Unit/group selection in the plot list
------------

The selection in the plot list has also been improved by eliminating some bugs of the Civ4 standard verion :

a.) Civ4 bug : when selecting a unit on the very right the plot list is rebuild so that the selected unit is at position 10 in the plot list -> fixed
b.) Civ4 bug : under some special circumstances the scroll arrows did disappear -> fixed
c.) Civ4 bug : when selecting a unit with Alt-key pressed, all units should be selected. Because it is not possible to put units with different domain type into one group, always the first domain in the plot list is selected. -> fixed. All units with the same domain type as the selected unit will be put together into a group.

The rest of the selection method is pretty much the same as before :
- Shift : to add single units or their groups to the selected group
- Ctrl : to select all units of the same type
- Alt : to select all units of the same domain type.

------------
4.) Plot list display modes
------------

To improve the display of a large ampunt of units on one plot, I added some disaply modes :

a.) Standard mode :
The units are displayed in one vertical line with scroll buttons on the right side. As already mentioned in chapter 3., the bothering bugs with the display have been eliminated.

b.) Multiline mode :
All units are disaplyed in several lines, so that there is no scrolling needed. The display starts in the lower left corner. Using this view, no scroll buttons are needed, except you have so much units on one plot, that the screen height is not enough to display them in multi line view. In this case, vertical scroll buttons (up and down arrow) are disaplyed.

c.) Vertical stacks :
Dependant on the grouping mode (see chapter 6.) some units are disaplyed in vertical stacks. You can scroll left an right with the scroll buttons. In the unit type grouping mode, units of the same type are displayed in a vertical stack, in the selection group grouping mode selection groups are displayed in a vertical stack.

d.) Horizontal stacks :
Pretty much the same as the vertical stacks with the only difference, that the stacks are horizontal oriented. You may now ask what that is for. Two reasons. First: because of the different screen ratios this option may be better than the vertical stacks (you have smaller stacks, but more lines). Second : it was fun to do it

------------
5.) Plot list unit filters
------------

There are several unit filters added. You find them next to the display mode buttons. The following filters have been implemented (the button in brackets) :
a.) Wounded untis (red cross)
b.) Healthy units (green cross)
c.) Domain filter air units (plane)
d.) Domain filter sea units (ship)
e.) Domain filter land units (car)
f.) Domestic units (house)
g.) combat units (tank)
h.) player units (green flag)
i.) foreign units (red flag)

An active filter is displayed with a red frame. By default all filters are inactive (-> no frame). Also all filters are EXCLUSIVE filters. That means, if you press a filter button the belonging units are NOT displayed.

------------
6.) Plot list grouping modes
------------

There are two groping modes implemented. The grouping modes have influence in the order the units are disaplyed. If a stack display mode (vertical or horizontal) is selected it also have influene, to what is displayed in a stack :

a.) Unit type grouping (the button with the 3 squares which are behind each other) default grouping mode) :
In simple words : the units are sorted as in Civ4 Standard. When the display mode is a stack mode, then units of the same type are put into one stack.
In more complex words :
The grouping is done by unit type. That means that the untis are sorted by the following order :
- Player. Order : player units, then all other players in the order of their player id.
- Domain. Order : sea, air, land
- Combat strength. Descending order(-> means strongest first)
- Unit type. Order by unit type id, descending
- Unit level. Order descending.
- Unit experience. Order descending.
- Unit ID. Order ascending. This is just added to get a reproducable sorting in case anything else isn't unique.

ATTENTION :
There is one exception for the sorting : cargo'ed units. As soon as a unit is cargo of another unit, the cargo unit is always displayed BEHIND its transporting unit. Within the cargo units, the sorting is as mentioned above. This is as in Civ4 standard, but has some effects to the stacked views modes : cargo units are displayed together with their tranport unit in the same stack, where the cargo units are on top off their transport unit.

b.) Selection group grouping (the button with the square and the triangle in brackets) :
In simple words : the units which are in the same selection group are displayed together. Also the selection groups are displayed right most wihtin their domain. When the display mode is a stack mode, then units within the same selection group are put into one stack.
In more complex words :
The above grouping is slightly changed :
- Player. Order : player units first, then all other players in the order of their player id.
- Domain. Order by sea, air, land
- Selection group : Ascending order by their internal group id.
- Combat strength. Descending order (-> means strongest first)
- Unit type. Order by unit type id, descending
- Unit level. Order descending.
- Unit experience. Order descending.
- Unit ID. Order ascending. This is just added to get a reproducable sorting in case anything else isn't unique.

Again, cargo units are displayed together with their transport units. This view is ideal to create complex selection groups.

Tip : try the "Group" grouping and create selection group by selecting single units holding the shift key down. Looks funny

------------
7.) Plot list uprade view
------------

The upgrade view (button with the up-arrow) can be used, to get a clear overview about the units which can be upgraded. It also provides a simple method to upgrade a bunch of units without selecting each unit first.
When you press the button only units which can be upgraded are displayed in one line. If you also have a stack view active (important!!!), above each unit its possible upgrades are dispalyed. The upgrade buttons are disable (displayed, but you can't push them) you don't have enough money to perform the upgrade.
By pressing one of those upgrade buttons, the belonging unit is upgraded to that type. Usually that results in that the unit disappears from the view, because in ost cases only one upgrade is possible. If you press the ctrl-key when pressing an upgrade button all units on that plot are upgraded, when pressing the alt-key all player units are upgraded. If you run out of money during those multi upgrades, it simply stops doing it (as it is now in Civ4).
By moving the mouse over an upgrade button, a special info pane is displayed on the left side of the screen. It provides you with the unit type related info of the upgrade and with three values in brackets, seperated by a slash. The three values have the following meaning:
- costs to upgrade one unit
- costs to upgrade all units on the plot (hold down ctrl-key)
- costs to upgrade all play units (hold down alt-key)
If one of the values exceeds your current budget, it is displayed in red, otherwise in green. The colors can be modified in the ini-file. Of course, those multi-upgrades only upgrades the units of the same unit type. eg. all bombers or all german tanks.

------------
8.) Plot list promotion view
------------
This view (button with the "star" on it) is very similar to the upgrade view. It displayes only units which can be promoted. If a stack view is active, above each unit its possible promotions are displayed. By pressing such a promotion button, the promotion is performed and the display is refreshed. This could result in that the unit disappears from list because there are no more promotions possible, or that new promotions are displayed if the experience points of the units does allow that.
You can use the "level" in the unit info pane to check how much promotions are possible. (see chapter 2.)

------------
9.) Move highlighter
------------

When you hold down the alt-key, hover the mouse over a plot list button, the plots the unit can reach with its remaining movement points are highlighted. For that I implemented my Move Highlighter mod. Remark : the standard version of the move highlighter which highlights the move area when you select a unit is NOT implemented. THis can be done seperatly. Refer to the related thread for that, please.

------------
10.) Configuration
------------
The PLE come now with a INI-file. Several above mentioned features can be switched on/off in this ini file. Also some colors can be adjusted and some key parameters of mouse over info can be changed. Just have a look in the file, everything is documented.

Wow that was alot of reading. But i still dont understand what those small symboles are at the top of the unit button box. I read some refrance to it but i didnt understand it. Can someone who did explain it to me please?

Thanks, Pilotis!

I'm not sure I understand all of that, but I think I got the basic gist of it.

Man this is a sweet mod. See ya'll in, oh, a month of so!

:)

sweetpete said:
Wow that was alot of reading. But i still dont understand what those small symboles are at the top of the unit button box. I read some refrance to it but i didnt understand it. Can someone who did explain it to me please?

There's a lot of 'reading' because the BUTTONS are so clever ! They help you manage unit stacks, especially big stacks, BRILLIANTLY !!

O.K.!! Try this. Counting from left to right:

Buttons 1 -4: The buttons help you arrange and display unit stacks in wonderful helpful ways. Read section 4 of the notes.

Buttons 5 - 13: These buttons allow you to filter or select particular unit types - temporarily simplifies the unit display. Read section 5 of the notes.

Buttons 14 - 15: Probably does your head in ! Leave it for now until you want to try it ! Otherwise read section 6, but I warned you !

Buttons 16 and 17: Pretty self-explanatory; They help you manage upgrades and promotions more easily. Read sections 7 and 8.

Other notes sections:

Notes section 1 tells you how 12Monkeys has packed way more info into the unit button picture.

Notes section 2 tells you about the 'mouseover info box' that appears bottom left when you mouse over the unit button picture.

Notes section 3 tells you how our STAR has fixed some Civ4 bugs !

I hope I got that right. Hope it helps !

Mmh i see!, right okay.. So you can click on them to do the action 12monkeyes explains. Yes i think i get the basic now. Thank you! I will try it out in my next game.
One more thing pilotis, I saw that 12monkeys has a ini file for his mod. Sevomod hasnt got this and thats no biggie. However i would like to delete the health bar on the buttons, sinse they give away the combat outcome before the battle. So Pilotis do you know how i can edit that bar away from the mod manually?

Pilotis said:
Because this is such a fantastic addition I've cut and paste from 12Monkeys thread...
and then
sweetpete said:
But i still dont understand what those small symboles are...
and, then again
Pilotis said:
O.K.!! Try this...

Thank you Pilotis for all your hard work in trying to explain this concept. I only have one question, the answer to which might crystalize this for me: "What's a plot list?":hammer2:

Thanks

Has this happened to anyone else trying to unzip the mod?

Is there a manual way to extract the file?

camjoenz said:
Has this happened to anyone else trying to unzip the mod?

Is there a manual way to extract the file?

You can extract the file to any location. It creates a folder called 'Sevomod'. Just put that folder into 'Program Files\Firaxis Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4\Mods' folder. Should work fine.

sweetpete said:
Mmh i see!, right okay.. So you can click on them to do the action 12monkeyes explains. Yes i think i get the basic now. Thank you! I will try it out in my next game.
One more thing pilotis, I saw that 12monkeys has a ini file for his mod. Sevomod hasnt got this and thats no biggie. However i would like to delete the health bar on the buttons, sinse they give away the combat outcome before the battle. So Pilotis do you know how i can edit that bar away from the mod manually?

I'm sorry. That's beyond me. Hopefully Sevo can answer that.

Quiet Man said:
and then

and, then again

Thank you Pilotis for all your hard work in trying to explain this concept. I only have one question, the answer to which might crystalize this for me: "What's a plot list?":hammer2:

Thanks

Well I wouldn't worry about it. I guess it's derived from how the game developers decided to name or describe the way the unit information is displayed in the Unit Info Boxes in the game interface.

Pilotis said:
You can extract the file to any location. It creates a folder called 'Sevomod'. Just put that folder into 'Program Files\Firaxis Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4\Mods' folder. Should work fine.

No like it doesn't even give me the opportunity to unzip anything... I double click on the .exe and that comes up after I click ok... (like the box comes up asking me where to unzip to then it gives me the error.)

camjoenz said:
No like it doesn't even give me the opportunity to unzip anything... I double click on the .exe and that comes up after I click ok... (like the box comes up asking me where to unzip to then it gives me the error.)

Duh. I'm a dummy! Sorry camjoenz ! If 'Sevomod.exe' has downloaded O.K. it will 'self-extract' !!! Just doubleclick it and it should self-extract.

Wait. Huh. Sevo is now using 7-Zip to compress files and I don't know if you need the '7-Zip' application installed for the Sevomod.exe archive to self extract but if you do, you can get it real quick and for free at www.7-zip.org.

Sorry friend for giving you bum stuff to start with.

haha no worries mate :)

downloading 7-zip now, I'll see how I go!

EDIT: Dammit, no joy :( looks as though the download file is corrupt... I'll have to re-download...

EDIT 2: Okay here's where I stand:
Mirror 1 (3D Downloads): after the 5 minute wait, the "Download Now" button comes up, and once clicked, simply refreshes the page- in other words, cannot download at all.
Mirror 2 (the .edu) is hosting a file approx 10mb smaller than the 3D download file, and won't extract (I'm assuming it's not the complete file)

Can anyone confirm this for me??

Top Bottom