SevoMod 3

Sevo - all suggested 'in my humble opinion' !

I'Net, Lockheed, Raytheon.

- they appear too late in the game to make a difference. If I build them for whatever reason I hardly use them. If the AI gets them, same. Whoever gets them is on already on the winning or losing track by then and these wonders are almost irrelevant special-units-wise.

- I don't reeeeelly like the idea of wonder-specific units. They should either be civ-based UUs or technology-based so all can get them eventually. Perhaps the wonders could accelerate technology access.

3 Gorges (Civ issue, not Sevo-specific)

I almost NEVER build this unless I need the GP points.

It would make sense if this wonder:

- gave a significant hammers bonus
- generated significant cost-savings
- automatically mothballed (in Civ terms destroyed) any coal plants with concommitent capital and running cost savings

Or if you implemented Snaitf's demolition mod 3G would make much more sense to me.

Or..... I could be missing something

As I said 'IMHO'.

Ta.

DigitalD said:
sevo,

please add " Moderator Action: Regiments (10+1 men formations) " to sevomod
http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=159352
or even better this:
http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=168966

Please read the forum rules: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=422889
Moderator Action:

Dale's combat mod does look interesting. I'll need to give it a play before I can too call for it to be in Sevo's great mod

Please read the forum rules: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=422889

Pilotis said:

Wow its one of the best wonders imo, i love having clean power to all my cities makes a huge difference to both population and production and if i'm semi confident of getting it then i dnt even build coal plants. Of course if your a multi island civ then its not as useful but this applies to lots of wonders.

saltbush said:
Wow its one of the best wonders imo, i love having clean power to all my cities makes a huge difference to both population and production and if i'm semi confident of getting it then i dnt even build coal plants. Of course if your a multi island civ then its not as useful but this applies to lots of wonders.
Hi Saltbush.
Hum hum. Y'see - I just can't wait for the 3G - I ALWAYS build the coalplants straight after the factory. All those lovely hammers ! Its around this time I'm thinking major warfare, so I really am desperate for all the production I can muster. I guess it may be a style issue, in which case fair point and we should leave the '3G dilema' where it is.....(durn - I'm just greedy.....)

What dyu think of the other points I made.....?

DigitalD said:
sevo,

please add " Moderator Action: Regiments (10+1 men formations) " to sevomod
http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=159352
or even better this:
http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=168966

Moderator Action:

I second both of these, although i dunno how the 10+1 mod will affect slow down and lag issues. But if its not anything drastic i would love to see in sevomod.
Regarding dales combat mod i think it looks very interesting indeed, but its just a beta now so either way it will have to wait for a possibel addition to sevomod.

Pilotis said:
Sevo - all suggested 'in my humble opinion' !

I'Net, Lockheed, Raytheon.

- they appear too late in the game to make a difference. If I build them for whatever reason I hardly use them. If the AI gets them, same. Whoever gets them is on already on the winning or losing track by then and these wonders are almost irrelevant special-units-wise.

- I don't reeeeelly like the idea of wonder-specific units. They should either be civ-based UUs or technology-based so all can get them eventually. Perhaps the wonders could accelerate technology access.

It would make sense if this wonder:

- gave a significant hammers bonus
- generated significant cost-savings
- automatically mothballed (in Civ terms destroyed) any coal plants with concommitent capital and running cost savings

Or if you implemented Snaitf's demolition mod 3G would make much more sense to me.

Or..... I could be missing something

As I said 'IMHO'.

Ta.

I very much agree regarding I'Net, Lockheed, Raytheon. In my games i havent build any of the building save but one time and then i never got much advantage from it. My idea for improvement is to make the building national wonders instead of worldwonders. And also make them much cheaper to build, hammer vise. This could make the units more acceable to most civs and therefor making them a bigger part of the game.

About the 3 gorges i also never build it.. I think it is to weak in vanilla civ and could use a got some more effects like mentioned above...

sweetpete said:
I very much agree regarding I'Net, Lockheed, Raytheon. In my games i havent build any of the building save but one time and then i never got much advantage from it. My idea for improvement is to make the building national wonders instead of worldwonders. And also make them much cheaper to build, hammer vise. This could make the units more acceable to most civs and therefor making them a bigger part of the game.

Agreed. National Wonder also works for me.

Sevo ??

Some comments regarding the Three Gorges Dam:

I don't find that it comes too late. Do remember that we are now living beyond the tech tree of Civ (we are in Future Tech!) and that the real Three Gorges dam was only finished a few days ago...

One change I would like to make with the wonder is for it remove the option to build a hydro plant from all cities on the same continent, since the dam effectively gives the same benefit.

Pilotis said:
Agreed. National Wonder also works for me.

Sevo ??

I disagree. Those wonders are supposed to represent a civ choosing a military option, which not all nations do. I think that they should stay as world wonders, but cost more to build.

Sevo said:
I'm working in his flying mod in as much as I want helicopter units to be able to fly over coastal waters. Including the new transport chopper. The mod already includes my own variant of cultural decay. I've done something different with the starting techs in this version, but I like his idea and might consider it after this version plays out a while. The raze city mod will also be added in it's own variant, since I've modified the city capture process. (In other words, good ideas!)

Thanks for thinking about it. It's great that that's all going into the mod. However, I really would like the SD Unit XP in. It's a real pain that units lose the XP (bar what they're given when built) every time they get promoted. It means that units will basically NEVER get past level 5. I just think that older regiments would be able to develop better tactics, train new recruits better, etc. I would be really, really grateful if you were to at elast put that part of the mod in. Pretty please?

Sevo said:
And Faces of God was a lot of fun (and a lot of work), but I don't think it'll fit well in this mod. It was more a test run kind of thing for a potential approach to the religion expansion process.

Do you have any plans for the religions in the Sevo mod?

zulu9812 said:
I disagree. Those wonders are supposed to represent a civ choosing a military option, which not all nations do. I think that they should stay as world wonders, but cost more to build.

..... in which case they become even more irrelevant. Well. For me anyway.

And I don't see how it's about "a civ CHOOSING a miltary option". Once one civ has built it all others are excluded. Not much choice there ! But..hey...:cool:

I've used your mod for a while and have noticed one thing with the regular civ game that no one addresses (well many things but this is one thing that I've thought about a lot). Mainly that the whole farming system is amazingly stupid. It makes little to no sense and there is a lot of potential for a good modmaker to do some really cool stuff with it. For example why would there just be corn lying around and why couldn't you far better corn (because it would be better) than the corn that grows wild? Or any plant. Next to none of the crops we farm now or even those we farmed 200 years ago occur in nature. Most are hybridized or genetically enginered. These would be more lucrative crops not less. I had some thoughts about possibly being able to choose what you could far on an empty farmed square and the crops would get better every once in a while like cottages. Then every 10 turns or something (random nuber) you would have to not work the square or it would produce nothing to represent crop rotation. Then it would bounce back and be better. One of my favorite ideas I had for this would be the ability to hybridize crops. This would make the natural crops very usefull. For every extra crop based resource you posses in whatever city you are planting a far in (or that is connected to that city via your trade grid) you can do a number of things. You can plant the resource straight unaltered, meaning you plant a rice paddy in an empty square you get a rice paddy in five turns there or something. Or the really interesting thing you do is you could hybridize them. So if you lets say had two different varieties of corn you could make a third. Maybe you'd combine an indian corn which would have trade value but not food value (indian corn looks pretty but you can't eat it) and a sweet corn to get a corn that got less food than the sweet corn but a bit of trade as well because it looks nice too. Obviously this would need much more thought and some balance tweaks but I really think it has potential and I'm just not a good enough mod maker to implement it (I program in action script mostly).

Absolutely brilliant mod, Firaxis, hire this guy. Nuff said.

Street Samurai, I seem to reall a middle ages game that used the type of system you are speaking of. I think its a good idea, but would be hard to balance. When the U.S. is capable of feeding a good prtion of the world because of the technologies you are speaking of its hard to imagine balancing that out in a Civ game, but worth looking into. Man, I remember when I was a kid we were all supposed to be fighting WWIII by now over food. Technology is amazing.

Sevo. . . brilliant and great work man.

Pilotis said:
Hi Saltbush.

What dyu think of the other points I made.....?

I think its true they are fairly weak wonders (the unit ones not the dam), i guess there are a few options
1. When they are made they give 3 or 4 of those units with a few promotions already (much like Gir has with some of his wonders in his addon mod)
2. They could increase the XP of all units made in that city by x or even all cities by X (or cities on that island?)
3. The units themselves could be better hence gaining a tactical advantage by having these units
4. They could cost a lot less
5. something else :)

Also i don't really like the fact that servomod brings back Filler techs, ie techs that do nothing bar slow down your tech rate by having to reasearch them, it would be good if you can make them all do something again even if its only giving a great person to the 1st person to discover or something.
Textiles is an example of this it could do the following
1. Free great artist or merchant (not really sure which)
2. Allow some world wonder that works like the globe theatre
3. Makes theatres get the benifits from dye (ie make the +1 happy from dye only work once you have textiles)

there are a few other techs that currently do nothing and it would be good to get 'rid' of these useless techs again

I wonder if some improvements can be made better over time like cottages? You are stuck with that same pasture made from 4000 years ago with no account for technological changes but cottages can become bigger yet not increase the current population despite the extra buildings.
Considering that those resources could increase trade, any new improvement can add (for example) one commerce to the plot.

Sorry for post. Found a bug. I had to make a backup of the sevomod.ini file. I had to rename it to sevomod.ini.bak to be able to play it in multiplayer. Thanks for the mod. Hope you can fix alot of the bugs in it. I havnt found anymore tho...
I was wondering if it WOULD be posible to put a ADD CIVS to the map in the MAP EDITOR. Cos the program i have to use really sux. Thanks.

Hey, i might have a bug. I was playing extended version like 900 turns when in about turn 625 some weird things started to happen. i was in the middle of a war with modern armour etc. When all of a sudden it asks if i wanted to build national epic, which had been built along time ago. So i stopped playing and saved it. Any ideas?

Dusty4prez said:
Blah I'll just post it.

Thanks for this file..I kept getting errors from this file when loading the MOD. Hey Sevo,maybe you should replace that darn CIV4UnitClassInfos.xml with this one.:lol:

Top Bottom