1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

SevoMod 3

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Modpacks' started by Sevo, Apr 16, 2006.

1. ichiro51

ichiro51 Chieftain

what differs between this and 3.0

2. ichiro51

ichiro51 Chieftain

gosh i cant believe how noobish sevo is
    he is such a noob for not answering my first question

A newbie is a newcomer to a particular field, the term being commonly used on the Internet, where it might refer to new, inexperienced, or ignorant users of a game, a newsgroup, an operating system or the Internet itself. The term is generally regarded as an insult, although in many cases more experienced/knowledgeable people use it in purposes of negative reinforcement, urging "newbies" to learn more about the field or area in question.

Variant spellings, such as newb, nub, noob, nooblet, foob, noobcake and, in Leetspeak(1337), n00b are numerous and common in Internet use. The term newb itself is usually used to refer to a person who is new to the field in question, whereas noob is used as an insult.

u r 1 of the following if not all

("newb", "knob" , "nub", "noob", "no0b", "n00b", "nib", "nibblins", "Frodo Nibblins", "fruity noob", "newblet(s)", "nub sauce", "nubz", "nubcakes", "nublich", "nubzorz", "Niblit", "nob", "nab", "naab", and "nublets") in an attempt to reduce flame wars. This has, of course, led to more variations, such as "s00b", "ch00b", "fr00b" and "gl00b". It has also led to numerous character-swap versions such as "n()()b" and "n|_|b"

just kidding

3. keldath

keldath LivE LonG AnD PrOsPeR

ichiro51

here is the changes to 3.1,
    it was publiced 3 pages backwards.
    sevo is on vacation for the next two weeks :)

4. shawne3386

shawne3386 Chieftain

Has anyone else encountered this after a CTD:

Failed to allocate video memory. Please try reducing your graphics settings.
    File:\Source\main\Civilization4\SDKs\Gamebryo2_0\CoreLibs\NiDX9RenderedTextureData.cpp,
    Line:170

If anyone can help with this, it would be highly appreciated. I'm on a low-end rig so lowering my graphics settings is not an option.

5. darkedone02

darkedone02 The Suggestor

nope, don't tend to see this error.

6. vegetius

vegetius Chieftain

Gotta' ask a stupid..if I download and install 3.1 do I still have to download and
    and install Patch C???

7. HourlyDaily

HourlyDaily Man-o-Mercy

Yes mate, it is a video card memory problem. You don't have enough for whatever settings you were using. I get this fairly regularly when I attempted a 24 civ Warlords 217x124 World Map conversion.

It usually becomes a big enough problem to prevent you from continuing with that particular game given how long it can take to reload.

8. Yashed To

Yashed To Last man standing

Hi!

After you mentioned this mod in the Warlords thread I gave it a try (being a first since I never installed a mod for any Civ version before ...).

First of all, it's a truly amazing piece of work! I enjoy it much, much more than the Warlords XP!! I will have to get used to the new balancing (in fights and in general), but it all fits nicely together. :king:
    Only flaw I really noticed was that a lot of info texts (mostly Sid's hints) were either empty (i.e. a standard text) or - at least in the German version - a lot of text still is in English. If you're interested I would like to help you on this one.

But overall - great work! Warlords on the other hand is on its way to eBay. Sorry Firaxis! :p

9. cadleo

cadleo Chieftain

Great Mod as always sevo. I have a couple questions though, if anyone knows the answer pls shout out.

1. What does the flying mod do?
    2. What does the 'improvements outside borders' do? Im only able to irrigate outside my borders, what about quarries and such? Can I build forts in enemy lands?
    3. Does this mod work with fixed no-cd exe's?

10. Chamrin

Chamrin Chieftain

I just had this happen to me. However I've used smartmap/Sevomod 3.1 at least a dozen times to start games, and this is the first time it's crashed at the start. My guess it's a bug with smartmap somehow due to the randomness of crashes.

Cham

11. mrgenie

mrgenie King

I've tried it too..but no crashes...however, only tried once...maybe it's a problem with some resource or some other map related thing in sevos mod...

does anyone know:"is this smartmap mod independed?" i thought it was...if so..it must be some bug in sevos 3.1c release..

12. MrAnon

MrAnon Chieftain

Enables missiles and the like and tweaks how all sorts of flying goodies function. Original work by Roger Bacon: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=171813

Enemy, no. Neutral, yes! It lets you build forts (or with some xml tweaks, other improvements) outside the borders. Original design work done by TheLopez: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?p=4206878

So far, anyway :mischief: I've got Civ4 no-cd'ed on one machine and use
    Game Jackal (LOVE IT!) on another.

You'll get the bill...:cringe:

13. MrAnon

MrAnon Chieftain

Are you Warlorded? What message (if any) do you get when it doesn't work? Does it crash or just fail to load?

It's like going to the doctor's: The more details you can provide, the better he can diagnose.

14. MrAnon

MrAnon Chieftain

It sure sounds like part of another mod getting loaded. Did you clean your Civ4 cache out? How about having nothing in the Custom Assets folder? Make appropriate sacrifice to the Gaming Gods?

15. darkedone02

darkedone02 The Suggestor

I wonder if your the perfect sacrifice to will weight! I do got some mods over here in my Folder and ready about to delete Pirates Island, and other mods that i don't play. I don't have anything in my Custom Asset folder, but i do have this graphic mod that changes the road tarrains to a better looking road tarrain.

16. cadleo

cadleo Chieftain

Do I need to do any additional xml modification if Ive installed the 3.1 and patch C? Im fine with the mods being in their default modes as long as they are actually turned on.

thx for the reply, the check is in the mail ;)

17. keldath

keldath LivE LonG AnD PrOsPeR

Hi Guys - I Didnt Get It - According To Sevo - He Only Used The Flying Mod,

Not The Mussile Suicide Units Mod,

Or Am I Mistaken? Caused I Tryied To Use A Missile - And The Game Worked Fine - Until I Attack With Missile - And After A Few Minutes It Ctd

18. Babelogue

Babelogue Chieftain

Hey all. I absolutely love the mod, but it takes AGES to load. Like a really, really really long time. And it's using 99% of my CPU. I've only managed to get it to successfully load once.

I have a top of the line computer and 2 gigs of RAM, so I don't know what's going on here.

19. mrgenie

mrgenie King

I don't know whatyour problem is but on the old comp of my dad with 512MB ram it takes around 5mins to load..and not once! :) at home on my 1 and 1,5Gigs mashines it loads maybe a bit faster..not much though..so i don't think it's a ram related thing..but..it loads always perfectly..no probs..and 5mins is a good time for a coffee brake i'd say :)

20. Xavier Von Erck

Xavier Von Erck Warlord

No, not Warlorded. The option doesn't show up at all, as in, can't see the game in the LAN list when one of us creates it. Works fine on 3.0 though.

If there were more details, I'd give them. That's the long and short of it. I haven't yet tried Keldath's suggestion of reverting the game from Patch C to 3.1. He said it worked for him, I believe, so I'm hopeful that it will work for me too.