1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

SevoMod 3

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Modpacks' started by Sevo, Apr 16, 2006.

1. keldath

keldath LivE LonG AnD PrOsPeR

sweetpete hi,

i will do so, as soon as sevo will release his vertion.

i think it will take another month to sevo to update his mod,

making this mod with warlords is very annoing, belive me - i made his enire xml files run with warlords,and also my mod with it,
    but the real deal was with the python files - whivh i coulndt do.

i thing i might realese a vertion of my mod, compiling many of sevo fetures and dales mod.

i just finnished de bugging my 5th uu , i had a lot of fixsing to do, tested it on multiplayer on lan with a freind -
    in the vertion i started some nations have red dots as units, my freind doesnt know yet...he'll probably kick my as for it....
    anyway i went through eavh new unit to make sure its fine.

titi,
    the xml files are easy to merge,
    my main qaustion on your merging, is about the dll file, gamecore,
    how do you implement the dale dll file with sevo's dll?

i wish i knew how.

2. GIR

GIR It'sNotStupidIt'sAdvanced

--> http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=166933

maybe that helps

3. Pilotis

Pilotis Prince

Anyone shed light ?

I've been playing SevoMod for a year or so with never a crash - or one I can't recall.

Just tried Warlords (silly boy!) and - incredible !! - back to the old leaderhead crashes !!!!

What ARE these Firaxis guys at ???

4. Shigga

Shigga Shiggadelic Baby! :)

Read the news on the frontpage of the CF site, man. There's a fix out.

5. Pilotis

Pilotis Prince

Hum. I can't find what you mean. Can you be more specific ?

Thanks.

6. Shigga

7. Pilotis

Pilotis Prince

This is a general problem with all leaderheads. Not just Mehmed.

Thanks anyway.

8. entonie

entonie Chieftain

SOrry but where can i find the megacity add on for Sevomod? Ty :goodjob:

9. Immacolata

Immacolata Chieftain

Try the modpack forum. its quite visible.

10. Narcio

Narcio Chieftain

If anyone else has the problem where tech leak doesn't seem to be giving as much tech as it should (ie, I only ever gave or received 1 or 2 points per turn per player per tech) I might have found part of the problem.

It looks like Sevo did some late night coding in the sevomod.py file to change the amount of tech given based on the difference between player's tech levels. Well, that piece of code seems to not be scaling things very well (at least in my games ie, I'm researching railroads but some computers are researching alphabet still and they're still only getting 1pt for example...)

Anyways, if you comment out line 509 to 533 in sevomod.py, that is the parts starting with "# Sevo's balancer (it makes sense at 1 am, I swear)" and ending with "# Clean up the number" the tech leakage seems to give more reasonable amounts. Ie, this is what I did to that section of the code:

# Sevo's balancer (it makes sense at 1 am, I swear)
    # Time to bust out the Algebra II book, kids. The conversions below will result in a larger bonus being given to civs the farther apart they are
    # in technology. Thus, two civs very close in total tech points will gain very little from one another, but will still trade tidbits.
    # Civs falling behind will get proportionally more.

#AA = pPlayer.getTechScore()
    #BB = pTargetPlayer.getTechScore()

#if ((AA > 20) and (BB > 20)): # The math gets funky with numbers below this
    # if ((AA + BB) != 0):
    # if (AA > BB): #The leaking civ is ahead in tech
    # # The number gets larger the farther apart they are in points
    # iAmtToAdd = (4 * abs(AA-BB)) / (AA + BB)
    # else: # The receiving civ is ahead in tech
    # # The number gets smaller the farther apart they are in points, and the fewer points the leaker has
    # iAmtToAdd = (2 * AA) / (AA + BB)
    # else: # This really shouldn't occur except on the first turn or so
    # iAmtToAdd = 0
    #else:
    # if (iAmtToAdd > 0):
    # iAmtToAdd = 1
    # else:
    # iAmtToAdd = 0

Now changing around the iTechPercentageModifier on line 459 might actually change the tech percentage you get from tech leakage. So now the scaling of tech leakage based on technological level will essentially be disabled. I haven't bothered trying to fix the scaling of tech leakage based on tech score differences of the two nations partly because i'm too lazy and partly because I wanted to change that anyways.

I'm a newb at civ4 modding, so forgive me if this isn't helpful or whatever. But if you're like me and want tech leakage to give more than 1 pt, that might help you. I've done some other little mods to my version of sevomod so I hope that is not causing the scale of the tech leakage to be thrown off. If everyone else has normal amounts of tech leakage without changing sevomod.py then pardon my unnecessary messages.

11. Narcio

Narcio Chieftain

I'm not sure if this was sevo's intent for the tech leakage tech difference mod he did but I think the lines iAmtToAdd = (2 * AA) / (AA + BB) and iAmtToAdd = (4 * abs(AA-BB)) / (AA + BB) might need to be changed. I think he forgot to put IAmtToAdd = iAmtToAdd * blaa blaa....

Below is perhaps what lines 517 to 531 of sevomod.py should look like. I just changed the two lines specified above to include the value of iAmtToAdd and then just scale it using the functions of AA and BB that sevo used.

Spoiler :
    if ((AA > 20) and (BB > 20)): # The math gets funky with numbers below this
    if ((AA + BB) != 0):
    if (AA > BB): #The leaking civ is ahead in tech
    # The number gets larger the farther apart they are in points
    iAmtToAdd = iAmtToAdd * (4 * abs(AA-BB)) / (AA + BB)
    else: # The receiving civ is ahead in tech
    # The number gets smaller the farther apart they are in points, and the fewer points the leaker has
    iAmtToAdd = iAmtToAdd * (2 * AA) / (AA + BB)
    else: # This really shouldn't occur except on the first turn or so
    iAmtToAdd = 0
    else:
    if (iAmtToAdd > 0):
    iAmtToAdd = 1
    else:
    iAmtToAdd = 0

I'm not sure at all if this is how the code is supposed to be so change it at your own risk; the changes seem to work a lot better for me.

12. simkodavid

simkodavid Warlord

A problem with tech leak

Tech leak to my understanding is related to foreign trade (as the pop-ups say), so how come that with closed borders with all and mercantilism (no foreign trade) tech leak still happens ?

Pop-up messages delayed one turn

Have you noticed that messages like a new GP are delayed one turn ?

13. Chamrin

Chamrin Chieftain

They're not, if you sit and wait for all the tech leak messages to appear, the regular messages will eventually appear. Otherwise if you're ready before they're done, you'll hit enter, and then they'll all appear at once.

Cham

14. surferjmb7

surferjmb7 Chieftain

:goodjob: :goodjob: :goodjob: :goodjob: :goodjob: :goodjob: :goodjob: :goodjob: and thanks i play every day:crazyeye:

15. Snerk

Snerk Smeghead

Is sevo home from his vacation now?

16. mrgenie

mrgenie King

For all the work he has done 2weeks vacation would be not enough..wife-work-sevo...pfff..i guess that's the reason he wants to quit developing his sevomod..maybe if his break is long enough he reconsiders to work on sevo even after the Warlords Compatible Version :) I hope he does.

17. Snerk

Snerk Smeghead

I say we kidnapp Sevo and lock him up in a hidden away dungeon with a laptop and a internet connection. And if he refuse to work on the mod, we give him a good flogging until the agrees to. That will insure us to have Sevomod running for years!

18. Shigga

How greatful you are! :D Grant him his well-earned days off. I say we give him a serious Love-Bombing when he returns, then he simply cannot bring himself to quit and let his worshippers moan in agony! :D

19. mrgenie

mrgenie King

20. Sevo

Sevo Leaf on the Wind

:D

Hey gang. I'm back from my long journey to lands far far away (Africa, actually). I had a great time but it's always good to come home.

Anyway, I breezed through the thread briefly and saw that there have been several problems reported with the mod, mp, tech leak, etc etc. I still have to read through the thread in detail and then I'll get a mass fix out asap. I'll also be starting on the warlords version shortly as well.