Yes, this is very sad. I love sevomod, and had hoped to see this mod reach the milestone it deserves. Is there no interest left to make this mod available to Warlords? Last I heard was that Keldath had taken up sevo's work.
What remains to be done, and is there something I can do to help finish the project? I have little to no modding skills, but I'll be darned not to see this mod go into Warlords.
Here's a list of some important changes/additions I would hope for when/if sevomod reaches Warlords (I have more, but they are too numerous to mention here):
- 2nd UU for all civs (Among others, the Vikings have longboats that replaces galleys, they can travel on ocean squares -see my justification of this below)
- The following is removed from sevomod/kept from warlords: Great General, Great Wall wonder.
- Keep all civs and leaders from sevomod, just add leaders from warlords.
- Ideas for new Viking leaders: Canute ("Knud" in correct terms) who is Aggressive and Expansionist, Harald Hårfagre ("Harald Hair-beautiful" translated) who is Nationalistic and Charismatic, Olav I or "Olav the Holy" (the first Christian viking king who converted Norway and most of scandinavia) who is Spiritual and Financial, Harald Harråde ("Harald the Ruthless" translated), and Halvdan Svarte ("Halvdan the Black" translated).
- Add mountains as new terrain (keep peaks for really high mountains).
- Add mountain pass as terrain feature in mountains/peaks (as oasis for deserts).
- Add canals as an improvement -can come in addition to roads and other improvements such as farms and cottages.
- More resources, including tobacco and tea.
- Change some of the traits in sevomod to make them better, and replace some traits for leaders from warlords.
Vikings should be able to traverse ocean squares, for how else would they settle Iceland, Greenland, Northern America, Northern Britain, and several remote islands so early, including raiding Northern Britain? But what would be even better is to have not only two -but three types of sea-based terrain; coast, sea, and ocean (or "ocean" and "Deep ocean"), where they could travel only on sea (not the deepest ocean-tiles) -and this way reach the historical destinations. The North Sea and North Atlantic should have these sea tiles to allow the Viking longboats.
I just mention these, mostly to show I'm still motivated and hopeful, but also as an inspiration for those who might consider continuing the work of converting the mod. But I wonder, what is the progress for those involved, what remains, and is it going to be continued?
On my account, I'm making a 240x140 world map for the time being, and I'm working on placing resources at the moment now that all shorelines and most of (but not all) topography in the world is adjusted to look like our world. I have gametested the map with England and come to about 1000 AD with no problems -it hasn't crashed yet. I'm hoping to include 24 civs in the map as well. This map is going out there with or without sevomod, but it would be fun to combine them.