Sevopedia 2.3.1 Files

Status
Not open for further replies.

xienwolf

Deity
Is there any way I could get a copy of JUST the Sevopedia related files? I have so far been unable to find anything but 2.2a available on the forums outside of the entire BuG mod.

I am attempting to integrate Sevopedia into FfH 2, and I am not sure if that is going to be possible, but I know that integrating the entire BUG would be far beyond my current free time threshold. So to keep from having to convert 2.2a to BtS, then to FfH, or from digging through the entire BUG... Can anyone point me down the right path to get just plain ole Sevopedia 2.3.1?

I don't think there is a standalone version that works with bts 3.13. I don't think it would be that time intensive to merge BUG into FFH. Have you looked to see how many files would need to be merged? EF has done a great job with making it fairly easy to merge into other MODs. Marnz did it... may want to ask him how hard it was.

Well, for Sevo 2.2a alone it was pretty light till you got to the /Python/Screens, in there it was basically everything that had to be filtered through.

Primary issues I see are that each of the Civilizations are so diverse, there are many more promotions (probably not much of an issue), and there is the spell mechanic (which for Sevopedia at least means writing a new file to handle the extra category).

I know that there are people who desire other elements of BUG (not familiar with all of them myself, but I saw Civ4lerts in there, and someone recently was asking if it was compatible). But there are few files which FfH hasn't modified from BtS basic, so almost anything that BUG has modified has to be integrated by hand (though this WinMerge program I found reading through posts on this side of the forums will make that nicer).

Well, if you want to work on it I advise you just look for now, and actually try to work on it in about 20 days, they are about to release version 2.30 (Shadow).

What you would need to get the current version though is FfH 2.25 + Patch "L"

2.23 still exists since it is considered the last "Stable" version, 2.25 was the test port to BtS (so 2.23 is still pre-warlord, plain Civ, and 2.25 is BtS).

I tried to run it with the customAssets folder launching, and everything plays just fine, but there is no interface in game (all menus before are fine) and you cannot enter the Civlopedia from the main menu. I forgot to try and open up your custom options screen though :(

I am looking through the zip file at what mods you incorporate and trying to decide on what little I know of each (or can skim quickly in the readme):
Advanced Scoreboard: Could be nice, but I know one issue with this will be the smiley faces for the civilization's attitude. FfH has unique religious icons, and uses 2 lines for it in the font file for some reason, meaning that the smiley faces have to move down 1 line, and I assume any reference might need changed to accomodate?
Blue Marble: Don't see a readme for it, but I am pretty sure it is in there: FfH has it's own darker terrain mod in use, so this is definitely not desired (well, maybe by some).
Anything Espionage: No espionage system quite yet. Not entirely sure if it will be in with Shadow (2.30 in about 20 days). On that note, no Corporations till then either (but those I know will be added in).

Ugh, there are a LOT of mods in this little file :) I guess I can't read them all through and still be brief easily... Sorry :)

Oh, something that has been a problem for the AI, so might be for Sevopedia or any other mod, many things are based on unitclasses and buildingclasses now, rather than just straight buildings and units with the occasional UU or UB.

We actually don't add Blue Marble, just suggest using it. The only problem I've gotten so far with the merger, at least without testing, is the gamefont_75.tga file which stores attitude icons. Does FFH have this? I'm going to use the one you guys have, and hopefully you'll have someone who is good with editing those files add them. Also with the sorting ability of the score needing alignment added to it.

getting no interface, even though I did all the steps needed to run it as an asset and from another mod. I must have missed something, but renamed the name in the .py file, and copied the bug mod.ini file to the ffh config file. Don't know why it's not showing it. Maybe I messed something on the main interface file merger... most likely it has to do with alignments in the score. will play with removing it tomorrow. Time for bed now.

Hadn't thought about alignments needing some work on the score sorter as well, but if you missed it in my ramble above, yes, FfH does have a unique version of the gamefont_75.tga.

Most of the resources are different, there aren't any corporations yet, the religions are all unique. But most peculiar to me is that the final line of the file is doubled, so the smiley faces for the attitude on scores have to be shifted down 1 row. I added them in to the file, and it comes out just over 500 KB, but even when I put it in a 60 KB .zip the forum is refusing to let me upload it for some reason :(

Pretty sure they might have to be. I will send you 4 files total I think. One of each size with the icons added at the bottom, and another of each size with the redundant row removed and the icons where they normally would have been. Then run with each pair once you get the interface to actually show up and see which one actually works out.

EDIT: Turns out that my "error" for attaching anything is that my browser handles the layers poorly, and places a pure white box ABOVE the text for the upload path. I randomly decided to hit Upload anyway and it works!

Anyhow, just the 2 normal size ones attached. I can't make the icons re-size without making them look horrible so far.

Edit 2: Launched the game with nothing but these files changed: Removing the Gamefont.tga file has no immediately obvious effect. But using the "-row +Atti" change caused issues with graphics displaying for the mana (which I figured would be fine since that is on a completely seperate area. But if it counts from the lower left corner then it ought to mess up far more than just that).

So looks like the "Gamefont_75 +Atti.tga" file is the one that has to be used, which means possibly having to change the reference values in the files. But since those boxes ARE there initially, just blank, maybe not...

Quick Question: What are each of the smiley settings for the relation possibilities?

Pleased, Friendly, Neutral, Upset, Angry? For some reason there are 2 of the same, what I would call Neutral.

Anyway, trying to find some new icons to use for them since I cannot seem to grow the 13x13 smiley from _75,tga to the 16x16 I need for the plain gamefont.tga. Nor can I find any decently close match on the web thus far.

Good news is so far I haven't seen any purpose for the second, larger file. Played without it for a fair while now trying to find something missing or get a crash to no avail.

Ooh, I had only been watching email for new messages, but that only catches threads to which I've already replied. Let me try to recap.

For Sevopedia, I made it so that you can switch between normal and Sevo. This might make it easier for you to merge it in. All of the Sevo files are in a Sevopedia subdirectory. The other changes are in CvScreenUtils.py and CvScreenEnums.py (I think). When I get a chance, I'll verify this.

For the attitude icons, they only need to be in the smaller gamefont file since they only appear in the scoreboard. If you change their positions in the file, just change the offset when drawing them. For the aligned view, this is in Scoreboard.py. Otherwise it's in CvMainInterface.py.

Hmm, it's possible that even with aligned icons CvMainInterface.py is setting the actual icon rather than the attitude to be converted to an icon by Scoreboard.py. Let me know if you are stuck on this and I'll look at the code again.

If you want to use the Options screen, I could write up briefly what's needed on your end. It's actually pretty easy to create new pages of options and use them in code. Each tab page is in a separate FooTab.py file in BUG\Options with all the options in the FooOptions.py files. Most line up one-to-one (like alerts and scoreboard), but some don't (General).

The use of more religions shouldn't affect BUG I don't think. In all cases I defer to the game to tell me the religion and how many there are. The same for buildings and units if you integrate CDA.

Very good timing on the reply, I was going to sit down this weekend and start trying to build my own mod to the Civlopedia from scratch so I could go step by step and see what the changes really are and where it breaks down :)

One remaining question I have at this point though is that the Sevopedia has a seperate Python file for each of the main screens of the Civlopedia. For this mod I have to add a couple more screens (Spells, Rituals and I think 2 others). For now I plan to compare a couple of the .py for screens existing, and attempt to modify the Project.py to become Rituals (basically that is what they are), then go from that to try and make some of my own for the other 3. Any tips on how to create those .py, like especially if I need to modify any other files to "register" them or the like?

Instead of modifying Projects, modify a copy of it and disable the original (see below). This may be what you meant, but if not, this just covers you for later when you add projects. :)

Do the same for the others: find a screen that most-closely matches what you need and modify a copy of it.

You are correct about registration. One of the screens (Main IIRC) has a "makeList" function (something with "List" in the name) that builds the list of all pages. Just add your pages to that function.

I'm glad to help out more, so let me know if you have other questions.

Been busy with being on vacation, so haven't had much time to play with this. Just wanted to write to announce that 2.3 is out for FfH, so I am hopefully going to get more time to try and integrate this with the latest of theirs.

Also was wondering: Is it possible to change how the list is sorted while in game? I noticed at the end of the sections in the Civlopedia there is an entry which states it sorts things alphabetically. I was wondering how hard to add in a selection tool to sort by Era, Civilization, Cost, Strength, Culture output and other such fields.

And if alternative sorting is possible (maybe add a field to the top row which changes based on current window to offer sorting options?), how heavily can you nest a sort? I am thinking about units being sorted by:
Civilization
World Unit
Leader
Unit Type
Era

So I guess nesting 5 deep. Seems in my mind like it ought to be possible, except maybe for the Era having to change to Production Cost (would achieve nearly the same end), since I do not know if there is an Era tag on each unit per-se.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom