Sex threads and such

Status
Not open for further replies.

WildFire

amour
Maybe CFC is a family site but why is OT included in that? Put a disclaimer somewhere in the forum so some of the good discussions don't have to be closed. Plus, most kids (12+) know what sex is anyway because they ARE on the internet.

I mean, the religious and political threads could be considered worse considering some of the flame wars that they produce.

And, as Hygro said...

Hygro said:
While that advice in of itself is good, fastpace, you'll find that the majority in OT are adults.

...and I'm sure adults can handle these topics reasonably. Plus, seeing the same topics over and over is boring. This spice up the forum for people like me that don't like the religious and political topics.

:scan:

WildFire said:
Maybe CFC is a family site but why is OT included in that? Put a disclaimer somewhere in the forum so some of the good discussions don't have to be closed. Plus, most kids (12+) know what sex is anyway because they ARE on the internet.

I mean, the religious and political threads could be considered worse considering some of the flame wars that they produce.

And, as Hygro said...

...and I'm sure adults can handle these topics reasonably. Plus, seeing the same topics over and over is boring. This spice up the forum for people like me that don't like the religious and political topics.

:scan:

Just be glad CFC isn't a prissy lovey dovey family site and keep quite. :p

XIII didn't say that the family site claim was the only reason

Enough of such threads for now. Closed.

We're a family-oriented site. Also, some of us post from work

http://forums.civfanatics.com/showpost.php?p=2856324&postcount=71

Yeah, more sex threads and my school's gonna block CFC. :sad:

We're all reasonable people on CFC. I mean:
a)we can all engage in rational debate
b)we're a community that focusses on daily life, and as a result, we tlak about things incompassed in it
c)we're not full of 11 year olds who are "SEX OMGWTF BBGQ EVIL!"

I think most of the threads we've had so far are very reasonable and if the mods don't consider it, we can have a more "mature" foum on CFC?

To be fair, the topic had been exhausted when it was closed, and was getting a little out of hand. It had run it's course.

Tomoyo said:
My school blocked CFC for a day... then unblocked it. :confused:
Maybe they realised that the OT debates on politics and religion are more educational than most school lesosns on the subjects? ;)

ComradeDavo said:
Maybe they realised that the OT debates on politics and religion are more educational than most school lesosns on the subjects? ;)
Wait untill the public schools start blocking the forums because it preaches religion ;).

Well, work is for actual work and school is for learning. No need to access CFC from those places anyway.

I don't know how many teenagers there are who use CFC from school or whether that is their only way of using CFC. IMO CFC is good for all the adults. From my perspective I don't really want to be debating politcal, sexual, religious etc issues with 12 year olds, no offense anyone. But the reason I like CFC is because there is a mixed crowd. The 12 year olds keep it fun and well populated, the adults provide good quality content.

I think we've got a good balance atm but of course I would side with spicing things up a bit.

PS. The sex thread that Devo refers to only ran its course because OrpheusPrime and myself hadn't visited it. :p

If you want to go and discuss sex on the internet, there are many other sites that you can go to. Why do you need to do it here?

And, even if "most kids 12+ know about sex" (which I would challenge, BTW), I would suggest that I would not like my children to learn more about it framed by the threads we've had here.

I think it's spelled out pretty simply:
What can't you post?
You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is knowingly false and/or defamatory, inaccurate, abusive, vulgar, hateful, harassing, obscene, profane, sexually oriented, threatening, invasive of a person's privacy, or otherwise violative of any law. You agree not to post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or by this forum.
We have discussed this wuite a bit in Staff over the last week, and we tried to let you guys do some "self-policing". But we finally decided that we had neither the time nor the inclination to keep an eye on these threads for the inevitable posts that go too far. Like ainwood said, if you *have* to talk about sex, you can go to many other places online.

ainwood said:
If you want to go and discuss sex on the internet, there are many other sites that you can go to. Why do you need to do it here?

And, even if "most kids 12+ know about sex" (which I would challenge, BTW), I would suggest that I would not like my children to learn more about it framed by the threads we've had here.
I agree with the first part of the post. I already deal with enough of this love prissy "name removed is going to ask name removed out!" kind of stuff. If this is a Civ forum, I recomend you keep most of hte subject on Civ.

Actually, at most schools, from what I've heard, they do a sex education stuff in the 5th grade, so we know what sex is. And to most of my friends, it's such an interesting subject they can't talk about anywhere but the internet. (time for new friends...)

Some times I wonder if the teenage posters have their hormones rushing at this time of the year ;).

LLXerxes said:
I agree with the first part of the post. I already deal with enough of this love prissy "name removed is going to ask name removed out!" kind of stuff. If this is a Civ forum, I recomend you keep most of hte subject on Civ.

I doubt we would have that kind of discussion here, it would be a bit more mature than that. Of course, OT is already not Civ related, so we currently aren't full Civ-related.

However, I don't support allowing this. Despite the COPPA, I don't believe there is any law against anybody reading the forum. We'd have to put up a disclaimer, and something you'd have to check in order to access the forum, and that would just draw in rif-raf.

I presume the reason WF would like to be able to have that kind of discussion here is because CFC is a very civil community, but if we allowed that, we would lose that great asset.

WildFire said:
Well, work is for actual work and school is for learning. No need to access CFC from those places anyway.
And lock ourselves out of the majority of our 'customers'? Don't be silly. :p And after work, I have a host of better things to do, than posting at some Internet forum. :p

There's a reason why the forums are a lot more active on workdays, than the weekends. And I think most would prefer not be seen browsing a site talking about sex.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom